Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

The Last Smallville

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 10:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default The Last Smallville

He finaly wore the suit and flew it was Awesome

Old 05-13-2011, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mels SS

there should be a spoiler alert in the title...

Old 05-14-2011, 01:37 AM

Agreed, great series and I am sad it is over. Liked lex and it would have been nice to have them continue, but alas all good things must come to an end.

Old 05-14-2011, 04:54 AM

Hi `Mel,
I've never had the chance to watch this show, but I'm happy that you enjoyed. Maybe I will get a chance to watch some re/run's in my future.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smallville Finale: Clark Kent Saves the World and Gets the Girl—and a Cape! Get's the girl WoW

Fri., May. 13, 2011 10:20 PM PDT by Natalie Finn
<!-- Set movie review grade --><!-- Set playerId for inblog video player --><!-- internal videos / html on top --><OBJECT id=inBlogVideoObject_101888 class=inlineimg title="Big Grin" border=0 alt="" classid="clsid</OBJECT>
<!-- external videos / html on top --><!-- audio player --><!-- gallery preview--><!-- custom polls --><!-- movie review grade wrapper (can't think of a better way to do this) --><!-- movie review grade --><!-- expandable video -->A wedding is usually cause for celebration, but, sigh, not when it means that Smallville is over for good. (And not when the best man tries to insert a kryptonite ring into the festivities, either, but we'll get to that...)
In the end, Tom Welling's Clark Kent got the future he was always destined for—Erica Durance's Lois Lane and some natty Superman threads—but it's still hard to believe that 10 seasons just whooshed by faster than a speeding bullet.
As executive producers Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson promised us, the series finale provided at least a modicum of resolution for all and an absolutely adorable scene involving a door...
(MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD)

<!-- internal videos / html on top --><!-- external videos / html on top --><!-- audio player --><!-- gallery preview--><!-- custom polls --><!-- movie review grade wrapper (can't think of a better way to do this) --><!-- movie review grade --><!-- expandable video -->MORE: Celebrating 10 seasons, the cast of Smallville looks back
<!-- internal videos / html on top --><OBJECT id=inBlogVideoObject_101889 class=inlineimg title="Big Grin" border=0 alt="" classid="clsid</OBJECT>
<!-- external videos / html on top --><!-- audio player --><!-- gallery preview--><!-- custom polls --><!-- movie review grade wrapper (can't think of a better way to do this) --><!-- movie review grade --><!-- expandable video -->Heading into the finale, Lois was having doubts about taking the plunge, worrying, once she got a taste of his formidable powers, that she would hold her superguy back with her ordinariness. Clark even started to agree for a sec! But once she had read a copy of his vows, courtesy of Chloe, Lois knew she was being downright silly.
Meanwhile, Tess Mercer (Cassidy Freeman) was hitting every roadblock possible (literally) in her quest to bring credibility to Lex Luthor's evil empire, and Oliver was really getting his rage on (the black eyeballs gave it away).
And obviously, with Lois and Clark walking down the aisle only midway through the two-hour finale (even Clark's late dad (John Schneider) was there, we knew something was up. Sure enough, Oliver (Justin Hartley) tried to slip a power-killing ring on it, an on-the-ball Chloe knocked it out of his hand, Clark caught Lois in his arms in what looked like super slo-mo but was really super speedy time, and finally he was able to talk Oliver down from that slippery slope of evil.
Just in time to look out the window and see the fiery ball of Apokolips coming their way!
With the vows not swapped, we switch to Tess, who's been kidnapped by dad Lionel so that he can give her heart to someone that needs it—the prodigal son, Lex Luthor.
Happily, Lex's sister knows how to fight. Then Darkseid comes along, figures Lionel doesn't need his soul and agrees to let Lex live.
<!-- internal videos / html on top -->

Smallville Finale: Clark Kent Saves the World and Gets the Girl—and a Cape! - E! Online
Click 4 vid's

Last edited by Space; 05-14-2011 at 04:56 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:04 AM

10 Year Member

There just maybe a movie in this

Old 05-14-2011, 10:28 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I watched the series when it first started but lost track of it over the years. I'm gonna Hulu it so I can see the last episode.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:13 AM

10 Year Member

You will love it this last season was wonderful.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
I watched the series when it first started but lost track of it over the years. I'm gonna Hulu it so I can see the last episode.

Look'in 4ward 2 seeing `Amy "Hulu"

----------------------------------------------

I'm tired of fly'in around & try'in 2 save the World.
It's 2 much 4 me 4-Sure....

I'm outa here, thanks kid 4 the SpaceFuel
"Up-Up & Away"

Last edited by Space; 05-15-2011 at 07:38 AM.