General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Last Year for the Monte

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Default Last Year for the Monte

I've read many posts on a few forums that say 07 is the last year for the Monte. Is this true, and where does this information come from?

Old 11-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Default RE: Last Year for the Monte

i seen one of the heads for GM tonight and whished i would have thought to ask him about it.

But he did say that any of the 3.8 parts for the Grand Am will o should fit our cars. and he would look in to finding out if G.M. can do for the monte in the after market. So keep our fingers crossed and hopefully we can see something come out soon so we can get our cars nicer.

Old 11-27-2006, 05:32 PM

comes from gm...plus quite a few of the magazines have said that too, consumer reports, motor trend etc. 2007 is the last year for them.

Hey mickey what are you talking about??? "But he did say that any of the 3.8 parts for the Grand Am will o should fit our cars. and he would look in to finding out if G.M. can do for the monte in the after market. So keep our fingers crossed and hopefully we can see something come out soon so we can get our cars nicer. "

Old 11-27-2006, 05:42 PM

we have some of the NHRA drivers here again this year and the show was tonight I just got back.
Will post some pics later.

but warren jhonson, meley T. Cory Mac,Tommy jhonson Jr. Jim yates. were all here tonight.
I got them to sing my engin cover again and also they dated it. So i now have it done twice on the car in the same place but this time they dated it for me.

Also ended up getting a NHRA 2006 indyapolis Finals shirt handed to me by Warren Reed.

they had soem other members ther for photograps and and also from G.M there was a rep that right now i cant for the life of me remeber his name. But i will find it as i do have it wrote down.

They started asking me about the monte carlo and what i had done with it. As i was telling him he asked several other questions on why i made my cold air kit. and also some of the things why i had not done this or that. I explained that the After market was not real big for the Monte Carlos. this is when he told me to look at the Grand Am stuff any of the 3.8 stuff should fit it or be easily modifyed to work on our cars.

So this is what im talking about LOL

Old 11-27-2006, 07:56 PM

The grand am has a 3.4 motor as opposed to a 3.8 in a grand prix or monte carlo. The parts are NOT interchangeable.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:08 PM

this is from wikipedias website about 2007 being the last year for monte carlo

"From its inception, the Monte Carlo also has been one of GM's biggest successes on the NASCAR stock car racing circuit. However, in 2007, GM will phase the Monte Carlo out in favor of the Impala."

Old 11-27-2006, 08:25 PM

Yep

There is a picture I saw in some magazine that showed the 2007 Impala SS stock car. God it looks like crap. But that confirms that they have replaced the Monte with the Impala in NASCAR

Old 11-27-2006, 08:44 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've seen information on the net that the Monte will be produced at least till '08.

It was either on this site or the MonteSS site.

Old 11-27-2006, 10:27 PM

'07 is the last year for the monte, they will produce them till december '07and that's it no '08 models

Old 11-28-2006, 12:38 AM

If they are going to keep producing the Monte til Dec, 07, does this mean they will call them 08 models or just not introduce a new model year next fall. If production continues til 12/07, dealers will be holding a whole bunch of 07 models well into 08. Seems like they would have to offer heavy discounts to get rid of them. Doesn't seem to make any sense but you may be right.

Too bad if they drop the car, its the only one out there that I can afford that gets the juices flowing. As I said on another post, if Chevy spent 1/2 as much on advertising the Monte as is spent on other models, I'm sure sales would be higher. The damn thing just doesn't get any exposure other than the NASCAR thing. Most dealers (here in Canada anyway) will have 30-40 Impalas on their lots and if you are lucky, you may see 1 or 2 Montes. Have you ever noticed, inside a dealership where they have the wall poster showing pictures of the lineup, there isn't even a picture of the Monte on it. For some reason Chevy has put ZIP into the promotion of the Monte. It's there own fault if sales numbers are low. Kinda makes me mad I've always loved the car, I've had 6 of them.

Quick Reply: Last Year for the Monte