Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do you like her & her Music ?
Yes, I like her & listen to her music
33.33%
No, I just look at her : )
6.06%
No, I don't like her or Don't listen to her Music
39.39%
I don't even know who she is ?
6.06%
This is another dumb poll 4-Sure, but it does fill in some empty `space on the MCF
21.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Lady Gaga ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 08:21 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by LuSe4
It is disgusting what she and the other celebrities are pulling down financially.
Also, Lady Gaga sucks. I cannot understand how anyone can like her once one has seen an interview with her.
You're certainly entitled to not like her.

I don't like how David Lee Roth sounds in interviews either. Comes off as an arrogant idiot. But he and the rest of Van Halen sure did put out some great music, and some great shows.

I guess what I'm saying is, I don't care what most singers/bands have to say in interviews. I listen to their music, not their opinions. Especially considering that 99% of the time, they're just saying stuff for the sake of publicity. However, I do think you can tell what a singer or band is really like by what they say in their acceptance speeches during award shows like the grammy's. You can generally get a feel for who's genuinely appreciative of their fans, who's phoney, and who's just arrogant and narcisistic.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:29 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

...I'm just thankful that we have "Freedom of Choice" 4-Sure...We don't have to like what we don't, but are still `free to choose what we do like....Many in our World still don't have a choice We are the lucky ones 4-Real...

Old 05-29-2011, 10:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Ok. Everytime i read a comment on here about her. I wanted to step in and say something. But TAZ really hit it on the head with all of his comments. I think she's a great talent. And everyone has to have a gimmick to get thier face out thereI'm a little older then most on here. And ever since Elvis to Prince to who ever. You have to have something that stands out. To get someones attn. Then you can do your thing. If we dressed a like sang alike. Now wouldn't that be boring as hell ? She's gifted, She goes thru a lot to get the look down for every appearence. never seen her look the same twice. I like some of her songs. But there is NO one that I like 100% of their songs. Hits or not. She did come from a Rich family or have it handed to her on a silver platter. She worked the small clubs and such. No I'm not trying to tell you to like her. We all have our own opinion. Wrong as they are ha ha ha ha. Kidding. All of the top stars have to work at this. I give her somne credit for keeping to her dreams. Alos just like TAZ said earlier. Some of the top stars sound like real JERKS. When they are interviewed. She's is pretty cool to listen too. Some won't give you the time of day. cause they think they don't have to. She a little different about it. She really seems to care about her fans. She goes on twitter to answer & talk to her fans. How many do that. Ok. I know I'll get blasted for this. But I don't care. Like I said we all have our own opinions . Makes the world go around. Alos listen to some somgs from the 50 & 60's I can beleive I used to kisten to some of that stuff. Some good some bad. ya all have a great day. Ga ga ga ga HA HA HA.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:31 AM

Gaga actually reminds me more of what Madonna was like when she first became popular back in the 80s. Both are Italian, from New York, and aren't afraid to express themselves freely in their speech or wardrobe.

Last edited by myfirstbowtie; 05-29-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:21 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2010
1 Year Member

I will say this. It's out of my norm to have such a fanship (is that a word?) for her. I'm a classic rock guy. Gimme some Pink Floyd for the day, and I am DONE. Also love me some Frank Sinatra and of the like(Dean Martin, Peggy Lee etc etc) Oh. And Classic Country.

But I don't know, I really like her. When she first popped up with her first single, "Just Dance" I didn't like it. "Poker Face" grew on me after a while. By the time of her 2nd album release, I was hooked.

Last edited by 7498MonteCarlo; 05-29-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:29 AM

CBS "60 Minutes" is going to have a segment about Lady Gaga tonight.

Lately I've had her song "Poker Face" stuck in my head.
Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun
And baby when it's love if it's not rough it isn't fun..."

Old 06-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by myfirstbowtie
Gaga actually reminds me more of what Madonna was like when she first became popular back in the 80s. Both are Italian, from New York, and aren't afraid to express themselves freely in their speech or wardrobe.
Technically, Madonna is from Michigan and didn't move to New York until after she dropped out of college.

My opinion though of Lady Gaga is that I can't stand her. The messages of her songs are terrible, and most of what she does is only done to bring attention to herself (the meat dress comes to mind). She reminds me of everything that is wrong with the modern music industry.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:47 AM

lol. mfw I read the title of this topic:

She's whack, but I don't have a "problem" with her music. Not something I'd listen to out of choice but not something I would make a fuss over either. I feel like I would be eternally scarred if I saw her in person however....

Old 06-05-2011, 11:00 AM

She has a few catchy songs. The first time i heard one of her newest songs on the radio I thought it was Madonna. I'm more of a rock/metal guy anyway, so I don't care that much one way or another. I honestly don't think she's going to be thought of as one of the greatest ever in her genre 30 years from now, although a lot of people do. I think I like Kesha better, if I had to choose.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Kerry, I think Lady Gaga will be remembered as one of the most memorable singers of this era. With the costumes she wears? That meat dress being the most memorable so far. Kind of like the cone bra Madonna wore. Or AC/DC's school boy outfit. Kiss's kabuki makeup. And so on.

I'm more of a rock/metal guy too. But I'll listen to almost anything. Even country. Some music I need to be in the mood for though.

Quick Reply: Lady Gaga ?