Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do you like her & her Music ?
Yes, I like her & listen to her music
33.33%
No, I just look at her : )
6.06%
No, I don't like her or Don't listen to her Music
39.39%
I don't even know who she is ?
6.06%
This is another dumb poll 4-Sure, but it does fill in some empty `space on the MCF
21.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Lady Gaga ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
I know what you mean. But I know from hearing my dad's 50's music, that 1950's rock and roll is loaded with Sha-Na-Na-Na's, Ra-La-La's, Do-Wap-Ditty's and all those kind of lyrics. What's old is new again I guess.

We all have our likes and dislikes, and personal tastes in music. Not everybody is going to like the same things. And there's nothing wrong with that. Life would be pretty boring if we all liked the same things.
You've got a point about the lyrics in 50s music. I hear some of that occasionally when I go to outdoor concerts, so I know what you're talking about. And I agree that life would be pretty boring if we all liked the same things.

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
It was pretty cool of 'Space to make a thing of this on the MCF. And like Taz points out, proof she is good business. Great pointless off topic discussion tho.

What ur favorite Lady Gaga video? I thought "Bad Romance" was the most visually stimulating. But I love the prison dance sequence in "Telephone". I could yap all day about Gaga. Even my wife gets hot for her (and I get a free pass to as well). Anyone else wanna mark out?
Originally Posted by Taz
Well, when I hear the rumor that she's actually a dude, I tell people to look at the Bad Romance video. Kinda hard to hide "man parts" in those costumes. (I'm trying to keep it clean)
Ya know, I've actually never seen any of her videos. Is there anywhere online where I could catch them?

Old 05-15-2011, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi `Mark,
We are here to help & Entertain...
Below are a few vid's ~> EnJoy
and let us know what you think ?

Videos for Lady gaga videos on YouTube ?-

Old 05-16-2011, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Hi `Mark,
We are here to help & Entertain...
Below are a few vid's ~> EnJoy
and let us know what you think ?

Videos for Lady gaga videos on YouTube ?-
Ok, Space, I checked out a few of her videos using the link you provided (Thank you). I'm still not gaga over Gaga, but some of her music is OK. Sometimes you listen to music on the radio, but don't really know or pay attention to who sings it. I was surprised by how many of her songs I'd heard before when I looked at the videos.

Her eyes looked freakishly large in the video for Bad Romance, I thought, but I guess that was because of the makeup she was wearing? In the video for Telephone, as somebody else said, Beyonce sort of looks like a big cow in comparison to Gaga. She's got HUGE thighs (a nice upper body, though).

BTW, in the Telephone video, I'm trying to remember where I saw that PussyWagon before. Was it in one of the Kill Bill movies?

Old 05-16-2011, 08:34 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Some of her songs are OK but I'm not a fan.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:39 AM

Just saw on one of the local morning shows here that Lady Gaga was named Most Power ful Celebrity by Forbes magazine. She's got over 34 million fans on Facebook, and has pushed Oprah to the number 2 spot on the list. Justin Bieber follows at #3.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:00 AM

...Hi `Mark, thanks for the update...I am amazed that so many people picked her ? What a World 4-Sure!
I am also amazed at the BIG $'s that they earn
A member never knows what they may learn on the MCF 4-Sure...

Below is what I found on a WebSearch:
Lady Gaga Bests Oprah as the Most Powerful Celebrity on Forbes 100 List

<?xml:namespace prefix = fb ns = "http://developers.facebook.com/schema/" /><fb:like class=" fb_edge_widget_with_comment fb_iframe_widget" show_faces="true" layout="standard" colorscheme="none" action="recommend" send="true"></fb:like>
Lady Gaga — she who wears raw meat in public — proves there is power in eccentricity.
The Born This Way singer moved up four spots from last year to knock Oprah Winfrey off the top of Forbes magazine's annual list of the 100 most powerful celebrities. Compiled since 1999, the list ranks celebs based on earnings, popularity on the Internet, and mentions in newspapers and on radio. "Lady Gaga beat Oprah this year because of her social media power," said Forbes editor Dorothy Pomerantz. "She's the best example of how celebrities will need to manage their careers in the coming years."
(PHOTOS: See portraits of Lady Gaga's "Little Monsters")
Gaga's earnings of $90 million last year pale in comparison to Oprah's $290 million. But she holds incomparable sway over her ever-growing fan base of "Little Monsters," which includes 10 million Twitter followers and 32 million Facebook fans. They downloaded her recently released single "Born This Way" more than 1 million times in just five days.
Justin Bieber, who is adored by millions of teens and at least one Brazilian drug lord, debuts on the list at #3. He earned $53 million last year thanks to concerts that rake in $600,000 in gross ticket sales per night, and his concert movie "Never Say Never," which grossed $100 million globally. Given that his hit song “Baby” has been viewed on YouTube a record 500 million times, it's no wonder he's ranked #2 in Forbes' "web ranking" dimension—just behind Gaga.
Elsewhere, Britney Spears, who reached #6 last year, has fallen off the list completely, despite the recent success of her song Till the World Ends. And tiger blood connoisseur Charlie Sheen (28) has beaten Two and a Half Men producer Chuck Lorre (77). Elton John (5) and Simon Cowell (10) lead the British contingent (sorry David Beckham, you're down at 35), while Gisele Bundchen (60) has sashayed past models Heidi Klum (83) and Kate Moss (94). Beyonce Knowles (29) sits above her husband Jay-Z (38). But the rapper is still the breadwinner in the Z-Knowles household: he earned $37 million—$2 million more than the Single Ladies singer.
(VIDEO: Watch Lady Gaga's "Little Monsters" in Mexico)
In the world of sports, Tiger Woods (6) and LeBron James (10) lead the pack, though Kobe Bryant (14) and Roger Federer (25) aren't too far behind. Tennis ace Serena Williams (84) edges out her sister Venus (86). NewsFeed wonders: Did coverage of Venus' appalling Australian Open dress count for or against her in the media ranking?
Here's the Top 10, along with their estimated earnings over the past year:
1. Lady Gaga ($90m)
2. Oprah Winfrey ($290m)
3. Justin Bieber ($53m)
4. U2 ($195m)
5. Elton John ($100m)
6. Tiger Woods ($75m)
7. Taylor Swift ($45m)
8. Bon Jovi ($125m)
9. Simon Cowell ($90m)
10. LeBron James ($48m)
(PHOTOS: See Lady Gaga and other celebs greet Queen Elizabeth)

<!-- Template Id = 4881 Template Name = HTML Blank Ad --><!-- ADID: 211330971 -->

Last edited by Space; 05-19-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:50 AM

More Lady Gaga news...

Just heard on the radio tonight that Gaga is hosting the season finale of Saturday Night Live this week (2 days from now). They said that some of her "little monsters" have been waiting out on the sidewalk in Rockefeller Center since Tuesday... even through the thunderstorm we had here on Wednesday... hoping to be among those that will get tickets to see her at the show this Saturday.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:45 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Whether you like her or not. She's doing something right. I was surprised when I saw on tv that she passed Oprah.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:18 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2010
1 Year Member

I don't care what ANYONE says about her or the way she is...I LOVE Lady Gaga. I saw her in concert last September and it was fantastic!!!!

I think she's a great artist, and a beautiful woman(crazy fashion aside).

Old 05-29-2011, 05:48 AM

It is disgusting what she and the other celebrities are pulling down financially.
Also, Lady Gaga sucks. I cannot understand how anyone can like her once one has seen an interview with her.

Quick Reply: Lady Gaga ?