Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

KnightRider Returns this Season + More 76 Camaro : )

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default KnightRider Returns this Season + More 76 Camaro : )

[align=center]I hope this post does not upset Chevy Fans, but I love cars,[/align][align=center]and I like movie`s/TV programs with fast cars : )[/align][align=center]If you watch it tonight, please post your review `ok...thanks[/align][align=center][:-]

[:-]

[:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][ul][align=center]View Vehicle Photos
See Related Stories

Read article
[:-][/align][/ul][align=center][/align][ul][*][align=center]Chevrolet Camaro [/align][*][align=center]Driving the Transformers Movie Camaro Concept [/align][*][align=center]Hemi-Powered 1957 Chevy [/align][*][align=center]The Resurrection of General Lee [/align][*][align=center]Straightnin' the Curves, Flattenin' the Hills [/align][*][align=center]Behind the Scenes of The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo DrDriving the Transformers Beater Bumblebee 1976 Camaro
[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/9BA2A303974A43BFB9131CE7884BEF74.gif[/IMG] [/align][/ul][align=center]`Space, this is a freak`in Chevrolet Monte Carlo Forum,[/align][align=center]and not a Ford Forum `WTF.[/align][align=center]Place yourself back in2 `Time Out ~ Now `ok[/align]

Old 09-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Default RE: KnightRider Returns 2Night + More 76 Camaro : )

I got the DVR set for it. I grew up watching the original Knight Rider, I hate that they didn't make it a Trans-Am again. I understandGM hasn't producedany Trans-Ams for 6-years but itdidn't stop producers of the Dukes of Hazzard from making a new TV series in 1978 based on a 1969Dodge.

The 2002 WS6 should be the new KITT.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: bwill314

I got the DVR set for it. I grew up watching the original Knight Rider, I hate that they didn't make it a Trans-Am again. I understandGM hasn't producedany Trans-Ams for 6-years but itdidn't stop producers of the Dukes of Hazzard from making a new TV series in 1978 based on a 1969Dodge.

The 2002 WS6 should be the new KITT.
Same here. I also grew up watching the original Knight Rider. I didn't catch tonights episode, so I missed out. I realized the original KITT wouldn't cut it, seeing as it's supposed to be a car on the cutting edge of technology. But they could have used the 2002 WS6 like bwill said. I think they could have very easily explained that the reason KITT is a 2002 because of all the R&D involved in the engineering. If they even needed to explain it at all.

But when Ford sponsors your show, I guess that pretty much means that KITT has to be a Mustang.

From the pics I've seen, I don't like the exterior of the new KITT. I'm guessing the new KITT was not designed by Barris like the original was. Is Barris even still alive? I think he would have done a much better job. With all the aftermarket bodykit makers out there, like RK Sport for example, most people are very familiar with the idea of body kit add-ons. This new Knight Rider KITT looks way too much like a stock Mustang with a bunch of bodykit crap stuck onto it. I think the show could have done a better job than this. In my opinion, it looks like RK Sport barfed all over a Mustang. And the signature red lights in front look like a cheap add on as well.

I think if Barris had designed this, everything would look cleaner and more custom. I think the red lights should have either been molded into the bumper between the amber turn signals, or inside the grill. Not stuck on top of the hood like a Pep Boys add-on. Personally, I would like to see what Chip Foose would have done to create a new KITT. (I'm hoping he didn't design this one.)

I'm guessing some or all of the add ons will be available as a kit sometime in the future.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Mustang. Just not this one. Yuck! [:@]

Old 09-26-2008, 10:44 AM

This was cool, but nothing beats the original. Turbo boost was a little too cheesy...I mean, he didn't have enough room to jump. The worse part was when KITT turned into the F150. I think that was just Ford's way of sticking an advertisement into their show. Part of the appeal KITT has is that it can do all those things while still being a sports car.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:12 PM

[align=center]I missed it, and the VCR tape broke when the[/align][align=center]Bums tried to tape it for me.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Maybe Chevrolet can produce a Movie with the new[/align][align=center]Camaro ?, & then the CamaroSpaceRider could[/align][align=center]have a special series, & Race KnightRider & kick its butt : )[/align][align=center]That would be SuperBadd 4-Sure: )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 09-26-2008, 07:11 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I too am old school when it comes to Knight Rider. I am not interested in the new show at all. And Taz, yes George Barris is still alive and kicking! He comes every year and does a big custom show at Volo Auto Museum every July here in IL. This year we went to the show, and then afterwards we went to a local drive in called Dog N Suds in Fox Lake. They have a classic cruise every Sat night there and George showed up in one of the original Batmobiles! (I don’t know how many they made) It was sooo cool. He walked right by our 72 Monte and said ”nice car” to my fiancee. Heeheehee!