Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Knight Rider Returns to TV : )

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Knight Rider Returns to TV : )

[align=center]
When `Space was wittle, he built a model Knight Riderkit car
Did any member's watch the old show ?
[/align][align=center]It was on TV before Space was created : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Like from 82-86[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's coming back on NBC 2-17-08[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]They changed cars...Have anyone seen the promo[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]commercial of the new show ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Information below from Daemon's TV [:-][/align][align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]KNIGHT RIDER - Meet the new K.I.T.T.Posted by: Daemon's TV in Knight Rider
[/align]
[align=center][/align][align=center]Don't know reporters name below infor[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]This morning I got to attend a press event at NBC for the reveal of the new K.I.T.T. (Knight Industries Three Thousand) car in the new two-hour movie event for the new KNIGHT RIDER[/b].
Needless to say it was a pretty exciting morning for me. Would you take a look at the new car, pretty cool right?! I won’t say too much right now because I want to write a full report of the event, but I will give you a few fun facts that I learned this morning:
[/align][ul][align=center]The voice of KITT will be done by none other than Will Arnett (30 Rock[/b], “Blades of Glory[/b]“).
David Hasseloff (
Michael Knight in the original Knight Rider[/b] TV show) will make a guest appearance in the new Knight Rider[/b] movie. [/align][/ul][align=center]
Knight Rider[/b] will air on Sunday, February 17th from 9-11pm on NBC.
I will have more interviews from the cast and
executive producer[size=4][font="times new r

Old 01-21-2008, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Knight Rider Returns to TV : )

[align=center]I know it's a Mustang, but I love cars[/align][align=center]and I would love to drive KITT : )[/align][align=center]Go ahead, go throw stones @ `Space : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think it looks Super I'll watch the show just 2 C `it : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]UPDATE: Sources with the involved companies tell us this is the real car -- the actual car to be used in the show. But, because "it wasn't working at the effects studio yesterday," someone did photoshop the red light. UPDATE #2: We now have the official first images from the folks at NBC and Ford here, and the exclusive first video of the new KITT available here. Our detective work's paid off on yesterday's rumor on the new KITT. Now not only do we have off the record confirmation from the "involved parties" that KITT will lose the GM third generation F-body (and legions of mullet-swinging fans), but also that he'll be moving up a few steps on the horsepower ladder. That's right, everyone's favorite talking car (no, not spelled K-A-R-R) will be played by a black-with-gray-stripes 550 HP Ford Shelby GT500KR Mustang in the new Knight Rider TV show. And thanks to a very helpful tipster who's preference is to remain anonymous (we don't blame 'em) we've got the proof to show you -- photos taken from inside of the vehicle build facility out in LA where they're prepping the new Knight Industries 'stang for Cylon-like close-ups. Yes friends, this is the new KI Two Thousand -- who wants to touch it?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][b]
Mustang Is The New F-Body[*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]

Old 01-21-2008, 05:06 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

UH!!!! Looks riced out to me. I guess they are tryign to appeal to the majority of people our age group space... but we're not like most of our generation . I might watch it... KITT and David Hasselhoff were my brothers heroes growing up in the 80's.... them and the Duke Boys and General Lee.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

I dont like that it is a mustang. I would rather it have been at least a new camaro. Best case, wait a little bit longer and hope that maybe if the camaro does well that pontiac will make a new TA and then use that for the show!

Old 01-21-2008, 08:22 PM

The double wings gotta go but other then that its HOT!

Old 01-21-2008, 10:01 PM

i vote for a new poll option:
I will watch it, but will be disgusted with nbc everytime i see KITT for switching from gm to ford

Old 01-21-2008, 10:05 PM

KITT isn't KITT unless he's a Trans Am. They could have at least used the modified Stealth they used in Knight Rider 2000, a new Camaro or maybe an '02 T/A. But a fricken Rustang? No thanks. When I saw the pics of the new "KITT" I just about threw up.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:08 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i'm sure the Ford crowd is happy about it... i just cna't stand how they riced the thing out though. they should have used a Supra or an EVOif this is the crap they were going to do to it.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The promos for the show were amusing, but I doubt I'll watch the show, and yeah I'm with everybody else who questions why they'd decide on the mustang (oh wait, sponsorship, ad placements etc... blech)

Old 01-22-2008, 12:07 AM

I loved the old show although very corny at times...like the old Dukes of Hazzard..lol i love 80s TV. I will give the new show a shot they better do it right. unlike the new Dukes of Hazzard movie other than some awesome scenery of Jessica Simpson a completely terrible movie...from a true fans perspective. I am bringin that up cuz im afraid the same thing is going to happen.

Although I like the new Mustangs I am not a fan of the Fin it looks like a street racer honda. I know some people like them , And I hate Black rims absolutly horrible touch to a car (in my opinion) no offense to any we are all differant. I also am not a fan of any rims bigger than 18 (and that size in only some cases) these 20s and 22's horrible! well there i go again..lol

I have often been described as opinionated!!

Quick Reply: Knight Rider Returns to TV : )