Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

KJRich

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by zjerry
Just think of all the good times
Good advice, Jerry, thanks - I've been trying to focus on the fun, happy memories of Lisa rather than the last three years of her life when she got progressively sicker. Today I straightened her kids' rooms and thought about how Lisa could organize ANYTHING better than a General in the Army going into battle.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

[quote=77gp;446791]Grief is hard, but it does subside over time. You never forget the person and always think of them. I lost my father when I was 16 and it took a while to feel better. This isn't my type of subject to comment on. This is my 1st and last time I will. I to lost my DAD at a early age. I never really got to know him. I went into the Navy early. and when I got out 3.5 yrs later. Dad was in bad health. We lost him soon after. I Thank God he got to meet my future wife. I feel sorry that he never got the chance to meet his grand kids. My Mom stayed around alot longer then Dad did. She got to meet her grand kids . So I'm NO one to give advice on this subject cause it still hurts. It never subsided for me. But I hope you two can get on with your lifes. Never ever forget them

Old 04-11-2012, 09:44 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I want to wish the both of you strength to carry on. I too lost a loved one 3 years ago - my mother and it's still hard for me.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Kerry.....

I know the sense of loss annd pain your going thru...first hand.
I lost my wife in a Tragic accident...(she was on the back of our new Harley) when we were hit by a drunk driver....she passed instantly...

That was 14 yrs ago....I ended up an above knee amputee which is a constant reminder daily in my life.....Despite my missing her terribly...
Shes always in my prayers and my thoughts.....She had 2 children ..before
she met me....I stll hear from them and see them from time to time....

Its a pleasant reminder of the life we lived.....

Even though now life feels impossible..It isnt!! As everyone pretty much said before ..it takes time. Which is..... And believe it or not...She will be there for you when you least expect it....

I thought i'd never get remarried.....But I did 7 years later....It probably took me a littlelonger than most as the first 2 1/2 years after the aciident, I was going thru rehab to learn to walk and talk again....after finishing rehab,

I deicded to focus on work....and before i knew it, I met someone
and i wasnt even looking for anyone....Shes nothing like wife....Turns out shes a blessing in disguise and life is good! They say you only get 1 soulmate in a life time..I've been blessed with 2.....I truely believe my deceised wife sent her to me! My best guess is...She saw that I suffered enough and needed help... The same may happen for you as well!!

This is what I truely believe !!!! Theres going to come a day when you suddenly realize.... Im ok .... And your life will move forward which your children will notice as well...And things will Improve...

So, I feel for you and your childrens loss, My heart and prayers go out to you and your family....I know how tough it is....But should you need from someone who knows first hand... Pls feel free to contact me... Im more than willing to help...Talking about her truely helps! It helps to know the good times you shared together and takes the focus off her passing....

So, dont keep it bottled up !!! Its going to be ok It just takes time..
As the old saying goes...

One day at a time..Take it as it comes...Time really does heal all wounds!

Gone but not forgotten is a good thing!!

Prayers and Well wishs from my family to yours...

Its all part of gods plan....keep the faith.

Last edited by STUMPMI; 04-15-2012 at 07:11 AM.