Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Are you living in Proverty
Yes, I live in proverty *multiple choice
3.85%
I have what I need
7.69%
I have want I need, but not what I want
19.23%
I have what I need, but not everything I want
42.31%
I have what I need & want ~> I'm happy
23.08%
I have a car/shelter/food & a few dollars saved
38.46%
I think it will get better ?
19.23%
I think it will get worse before it gets better
23.08%
I live with my parents/friend/relative to survive
11.54%
I'm homeless or will be soon. I need help from the government
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

= I hope you are not one of them ? =

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Lightbulb = I hope you are not one of them ? =

Hi Member's,
I'm posting the below to remind you how fortunate you are & also to inform our member's that there are many (over 46 Million Americans) living in poverty.

I hope that you & yours are not one of them...I think it should not be in the USA.

I think we need to take care of our own country b-4 we help others....I believe in helping my neighbors, but I will first feed my family. I hope more citizens get involved in their communities and involved with the ones that represent your area of the country...

I believe that people should not be hungry in the greatest nation on planet `Earth 4-Sure....

Please post your thoughts/suggestions etc....
Thanks you for reading/caring ~> Acting Your turn __________Sound`Off
This is a MCF Public Awareness Post. Because we `Care
=============================================
The poorest county in each state

<RICHTEXTABSTRACT>
Most are rural, many are tiny, and a few are huge and urban. The median household income for these 50 counties also varies widely.

By Kali Geldis, MainStreet

Poverty on the rise

The number of Americans living in poverty has been on the rise since the onset of the Great Recession, as many households have seen their incomes drop and their debts mount during the past few years.
More than 15% of the population lived in poverty in 2010, the highest percentage since 1993, according to the most recent data from the Census Bureau. That means more than 46 million people fell below the poverty line, defined as $22,314 for a family of four. If you factor in the income spent on expenses such as medical costs, child care and mortgage payments, the number of Americans whose remaining income falls below the poverty line is closer to 50 million, or roughly 16% of the population.
Some regions in the U.S. are much worse off. In November, the Census Bureau released the poverty rates of every county in the U.S. in 2010. The data showed that in dozens of counties, more than a third of the population lives in poverty, and in a handful, overall poverty rates were closer to 50%.

MainStreet combed through the data to find the county in each state with the highest overall poverty rate. For those results, click through the following slides, listed alphabetically by state.

Last edited by Space; 04-11-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:45 AM

<LI class=first sizcache="30" sizset="80">Do rich people live longer? <LI sizcache="30" sizset="81">A cheap death: Donate your body <LI sizcache="30" sizset="82">Money rules for when kids move back <LI sizcache="30" sizset="83">Fast-growing income gap in US <LI class=last sizcache="30" sizset="84">Why are rich people such jerks?<LI class=last sizcache="30" sizset="84">^^^^Interesting Link ^^^^<LI class=last sizcache="30" sizset="84">
<LI class=last sizcache="30" sizset="84">^^^I don't belong on a Monte Carlo site..
<LI class=last sizcache="30" sizset="84">Please move my picture to a Higher Class site..I demand it...I'm rich ~> LOL

Last edited by Space; 04-11-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I honestly have what I need, but I'm living too close to paycheck to paycheck right now.

I think it will get better when jenna starts working full-time though.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:10 AM

Thanks Mod `Mike for your post.
You are fortunate to be living the American Dream..
I know that you have worked hard for what you have obtained & earned...& I hope that you can still pursue your dreams...

So many are not as fortunate. I posted the above topic to remind myself & others how lucky many of us are, but to also inspire others in get involved in their government or communities to help those in need `if & when they can.

I pray/hope that we can find leaders that can change our World for the betterment of `all. `amen

Old 04-11-2012, 11:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I have what I need and more. I'm very fortunate that I have received various aid and scholarships to attend school. This is the first year I've lived on my own but I still receive a little help from my parents. They give me a little for rent/food/survival and usually gas money when I go home. Thus allowing me to save a majority of my work money. I lived paycheck to paycheck for a few weeks after spending too much on the Monte at once. I could have gotten money out of savings but refused to touch it because I knew that would only start a bad habit. I've backed off of my modding and focused more on saving for now. I'm also very fortunate to have two jobs that pay decent. Lots of people out there who I'm sure would gladly take them.

I do agree that we should focus on our own country before reaching out to others. Either way we must realize that we can't help everyone, we just have to determine where the money/help will be best spent. Helping other countries is great but we have people here barely getting by as well (some their own fault, but for others it's not at all their fault)

Old 04-11-2012, 11:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

I have what I need! I hope it does get better, luckily I have a part time job that pays for my gas for school and I was able to get scholarship money for school and spending. I hope everyone on here has at least what they need.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have what i need and just that. My lousy job's paychecks struggle to get too far above what i spend on gas right now. Dont have much saved up really. Thankfully im living home so my expenses on living aren't much.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:38 AM

Thanks `Justin, `Ashley,`Keane & member's for your post/words & thoughts...4-Sure
============================================

I don't know how bad it is for our Friends North of us in Canada...Please post your thoughts on your proverty conditions ?

Canada Population below poverty line - Economy

Last edited by Space; 04-11-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:48 AM

I'm doing well. For much of my adult life I lived at and around the poverty line. I still live paycheck to paycheck. I need to get better at saving for the future. I no longer have to struggle for what I need and often times what I want. Susan should finish her apprenticeship soon and with that things will get easier yet.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have noticed that nowadays people are losing sight of TRULY what is a want and what is a need.

A smartphone with a data plan is not a need, it is a WANT. If you complain that it is for work, then your business account should cover it.

An SUV that does poorly on fuel is NOT a need if you drive it by yourself 75% of the time.

Having a large screen TV and HD channels and more than basic cable is NOT A NEED.

These are the things that people just write checks for without ever thinking, they just put it as a need and complain when they can't afford things like food or rent.

Priorities in this country have been getting pretty bad.

Quick Reply: = I hope you are not one of them ? =