Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: June 2018 Monte Carlo Forum Monthly Members Blog

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
If I showed up they would say; Dude......what did you bring that peace of junk here for? Lol
When I was in St. Louis back in 2016 I went to a Car show that had a few 4th gens and one of them had been at the MC show in Kentucky. It was Blue with a checkerboard design on the side. I complimented them on the Car and told them I had seen it in Kentucky.
They asked if I had a Monte? I said but mine is the most hated one of all. The guys wife said;
You must have a 5th gen then.
I would be more than happy too have your car, looks much nicer than my ride.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yes, I was squinting at the parking lot panoramic photo, scanning for a 5th-gen... there must be a few, surely at least one?

No?

Guess any that showed up got relegated to the back lot by the dumpsters.
Just can't get no respect, I tell ya!

Old 06-26-2018, 05:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning guys. Chilly 55 degrees this morning, going up to 81.

They asked if I had a Monte? I said but mine is the most hated one of all. The guys wife said;
You must have a 5th gen then.
I guess that depends on who you ask.

Originally Posted by Sidestreet
Yes, I was squinting at the parking lot panoramic photo, scanning for a 5th-gen... there must be a few, surely at least one?

No?

Guess any that showed up got relegated to the back lot by the dumpsters.
Just can't get no respect, I tell ya!
None even showed up. I didn't see any on or near the hotel/mall grounds. As long as your registered by 11 am the morning of the show you're on the show field parked in your class (5th Gens would be in Class 4: Non-SS 95-07). They don't shuffle cars around like that. That's why you guys need to come out and represent. I do know that when I see a 5th Gen in great condition it is something to take in because almost all of them you see are rusted out or destroyed, and honestly that's starting to become the case with the 6th Gens (00-07) too.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Cool You are lucky that it is a shorter drive.

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good morning guys. Chilly 55 degrees this morning, going up to 81.

I guess that depends on who you ask.

None even showed up. I didn't see any on or near the hotel/mall grounds. As long as your registered by 11 am the morning of the show you're on the show field parked in your class (5th Gens would be in Class 4: Non-SS 95-07). They don't shuffle cars around like that. That's why you guys need to come out and represent. I do know that when I see a 5th Gen in great condition it is something to take in because almost all of them you see are rusted out or destroyed, and honestly that's starting to become the case with the 6th Gens (00-07) too.

I don't see them very often. There is one parked here in town at a local dealer. A white one, not sure if it is for sale because it is back of the lot near the Fence.

There used to be a Black one in town here, but I haven't seen that for sometime now. It was a younger kids car.

So I have a show on the 4th of July not to far from my town. I saw a Red one in that town a year ago and maybe it will show up?

Even the U Pull it that I have gone to doesn't have very many listed between 3 yards.

I did see the Black 06/07 that has the silver stripe on it that belongs to Roger Clark I think was in the photo, it has some Dale E. refinements on it.

Like most of these shows it's along trek there, for Sidestreet and I would probably be 800 Miles one way. When I was in Kentucky a few years ago a fellow form Norfolk, NE trailer a 4th Gen down there. That would be the way to do it, I think?

Old 06-26-2018, 08:03 AM
10 Year Member

I did see the Black 06/07 that has the silver stripe on it that belongs to Roger Clark I think was in the photo, it has some Dale E. refinements on it.

Like most of these shows it's along trek there, for Sidestreet and I would probably be 800 Miles one way. When I was in Kentucky a few years ago a fellow form Norfolk, NE trailer a 4th Gen down there. That would be the way to do it, I think?
I completely understand being a long drive. I'd say anything over 400 miles and I start to contemplate that drive. It just makes for a long trip.

Yes Roger was there with his again.

I took this photo below at another event. This is a friend of mine's 5th Gen, he just bought it within the past two years and has done some work to it. The car/paint/body was in excellent condition when he got it. One of the cleanest 5ths I've seen.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

I had one of those Red ones once, it was a nice one. Gave it to my son for his school car and he loved it. After he was married he traded it for a Black Jeep SUV. Now he is back to a Chevy Traverse. Family ride now.

Attached Thumbnails June 2018 Monte Carlo Forum Monthly Members Blog-red-monte-1-.jpg  
Old 06-27-2018, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
Smile photo contest voting link is up

check the link for the contests for June 2018

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...indmill-theme/

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...y-theme-59873/

Old 06-28-2018, 06:49 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. ^Yes, vote for the two photo contests!^

It's going to get hot! Today's going up to a high of 90 degrees, tomorrow 93, Saturday 99, and Sunday 93. The NWS is saying the heat index on Saturday will be about 105.

A week ago, Michigan Stadium unveiled their new field and new blue end zones!

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 06-28-2018 at 07:01 AM.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:22 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good morning guys. ^Yes, vote for the two photo contests!^

It's going to get hot! Today's going up to a high of 90 degrees, tomorrow 93, Saturday 99, and Sunday 93. The NWS is saying the heat index on Saturday will be about 105.

A week ago, Michigan Stadium unveiled their new field and new blue end zones!

Looks good, what do they have the portable sand bags there for are they worried about flooding there too?

Here in Nebraska we have a new coach for NU and they are anticipating big things for him.
I hope he can produce results because these fans a brutal.
The last Championship the team got was when he was the Quarterback in the 90's.
So it will be an interesting year ahead for sure.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:42 AM
10 Year Member

Looks good, what do they have the portable sand bags there for are they worried about flooding there too?

Here in Nebraska we have a new coach for NU and they are anticipating big things for him.
I hope he can produce results because these fans a brutal.
The last Championship the team got was when he was the Quarterback in the 90's.
So it will be an interesting year ahead for sure.
To be honest there's no issue of flooding that I'm aware of so I have no idea what those are. Maybe debris from taking up the old field?

Oh yeah, Nebraska is BigTen now. Sounds like you guys have a similar situation that we had with Harbaugh coming in as coach a few years ago. Overall, Michigan has been really good since he's taken over but I really hope we start seeing some meaningful results this upcoming season - like beating Ohio State (OSU has beat MI the last 6 years and 15/17 years - it's getting old). It'd be nice to win a bowl game too.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: June 2018 Monte Carlo Forum Monthly Members Blog