Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: July 2020 All Members and New members post something here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 11:25 AM

@drivernumber3 Love that flagpole! Never saw something like this. Great presentation. In my neck of the woods, my car made 3x 2nd place and 1st last year at the biggest event
cars of the 90's. Tried to make it 5 years in the row,...stupid f.... virus.

Old 07-25-2020, 04:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by volkerc
@drivernumber3 Love that flagpole! Never saw something like this. Great presentation. In my neck of the woods, my car made 3x 2nd place and 1st last year at the biggest event
cars of the 90's. Tried to make it 5 years in the row,...stupid f.... virus.
I used to run two of them that I borrowed from a friend of mine and found a replacement for it with just one pole so I have the American Flag at the top and my Dale one too. I am a Vet and my son is an Eagle Scout so Patriotic stuff is what I do. I also particpate in the American Legion Honor Guard too.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

From the archives. Pacific Grove, California. The Point Pinos lighthouse.

Old 07-27-2020, 07:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning guys. The weekend was beautiful, 90 and sunny both days. Mid-80s and very muggy today with a slight chance of storms after Noon. And baseball's back, Tiger's home opener today!

After sitting 23 straight days after returning from Chevy Nationals, I had the Monte out a couple times last week for some brief 15 mile drives. I am hopeful to be able to do at least one car show before the end of this season. Covid has cancelled everything I normally would have done through September.

Pictured - a throwback to my 'Top 40' win at the 2018 Durand Car Show in Durand, MI. This one means a lot because there was close to 300 vehicles in the show and it was participant voting.

Originally Posted by chifan
The car looks fantastic! Yours definitely sets the standard for 7th Gen Monte Carlos...
Thank you, I appreciate that

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 07-27-2020 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:58 AM
5 Year Member
Cool

[QUOTE=06mistreSS;723085]Good morning guys. The weekend was beautiful, 90 and sunny both days. Mid-80s and very muggy today with a slight chance of storms after Noon. And baseball's back, Tiger's home opener today!

After sitting 23 straight days after returning from Chevy Nationals, I had the Monte out a couple times last week for some brief 15 mile drives. I am hopeful to be able to do at least one car show before the end of this season. Covid has cancelled everything I normally would have done through September.

Pictured - a throwback to my 'Top 40' win at the 2018 Durand Car Show in Durand, MI. This one means a lot because there was close to 300 vehicles in the show and it was participant voting.

Matt your Monte Carlo has be one of the Best out there. Setting the standard for the rest.
If there was a stop to admire meter infront of all the cars yours would probably hit the high numbers for sure.
Theses Cars are getting so rare now. That they are hard to find. Folks often comment that they just don't see them any more.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member

Okay Carshow Sunday I got another first place So far there have been 5 shows and I placed in 3 of them. This one had a unique Trophy they used a connecting rod for this one.
There was one other Monte Carlo there a 3rd Gen Monte Carlo. We talked for sometime about Monte Carlos its good to see a few more of them out there.
Rain threatened all day but just a few sprinkles is all we got even for my drive home. Hot a humid day not much sun for this one, which was good. The humidity made it a 3 shirt day.
The flags I set up were not moving to much all day.
They brought the trophy to me and then after all the awards were delivered, they announced who won what class and what the entry was.
Everyone maintained the social distance requirements and it was a safe show. Only a few masks at this one.

Display all set up and ready to go

The results a 1st place

Got everything taken down and put away

Old 07-27-2020, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by RedandBlackSS
I sent in the registration for the black car, wanting to transfer the plates from the red car (which I was going to sell, or keep for parts -- ) and got a phone call from the DMV asking me "who did you sell the old one to?"
"Nobody yet -- might sell it or keep it for parts."
"Well, you can't keep it. You have to sell it or get new plates."
That is pretty stupid. Someone there has way too much time on their hands. What law prevents you from just pushing it into the backyard and using it as lawn art? As long as it's not caught out on the roads, who is going to enforce it anyways even if there is some regulation they're citing?