Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

It's Official: US Ends Iraq War

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 09:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

glad we are done with it.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:50 PM

Just find it ironic that presidents can sacrifice american lives without worrying about their own

Old 12-16-2011, 10:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

finally! glad its over

Old 12-17-2011, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by 05MonteLS
Finally! I'm glad that our troops can finally come home and be with their families. The only problem is that the US doesn't really leave a country entirely. (See bases in Germany, S. Korea, Japan, Kuwait, etc.)
According to everything I have heard and read this time is different. Iraq does not want a US presence now that the war is over. We are leaving lock stock and barrel. I am fairly certain that Iraq will not be a peaceful place and war there is not over.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
According to everything I have heard and read this time is different. Iraq does not want a US presence now that the war is over. We are leaving lock stock and barrel. I am fairly certain that Iraq will not be a peaceful place and war there is not over.
this will never happen...

it's over, but it will never truly be over, there will always be troops there and unfortunately there will always be US fatalities over there.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by oneslowmonte
A country we did not need to be in at all in my eyes.
I happen to agree. This is another example of our country manipulating "facts" to sway the public opinion and to pursue its own agenda. George Bush had a personal vendetta to take out Sadam Huessein and he put our troops in harms way to achieve to get what he wanted. What we should have done was complete the mission in Afganistan while we had the support of the world to do it and then get out. Instead we prolonged the mission there and we will never accomplish what needs done because we no longer have the support of the rest of the world. We lied to our allies to justify the occupation of Iraq and have lost credibility around the world. I do hope that when I become president I never have to order our troops to war. I do promise never to fabricate facts to go to war.

Please remember one thing. Regardless of what your views are of the war; our troops were not the decision makers about going to war. Our troops were asked and ordered to go and they all paid a price, some the ultimate price. Please respect our troops and know they did what they were instructed to do. They deserve the greatest respect from all of us.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
this will never happen...

it's over, but it will never truly be over, there will always be troops there and unfortunately there will always be US fatalities over there.
From what I understand the Iraqi government has refused to give us the land to set up a US military base. They also refused to give us immunity for future actions. The Iraqi government wants to do there own peace keeping without US intervention. Unless these have changed and I didn't hear about it, we are completely leaving and reallocating those resources to home and Afganistan.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Now that the US military is withdrawing from Iraq, phase 2 of the peacemaking begins. Canada will move in and teach Iraqi's hockey. And Iraqi's will be good hockey players and a big threat at the winter Olympics. Cause once you've master ice skating on sand, doing it on actual ice is easy breezy...

Old 12-17-2011, 06:36 AM

I hope/pray that our country continues to honor those that gave there life in this brutal war, and that they take good care of those that were injured. Also, to help all our past/present veteran's with health/mental issue & jobs.
I'm thankful that I did not have to go 4-Sure, but I have high respect for all that have...I do believe in defending our country with all it's force & resources, but I also think that all the countries in the United Nation should also contribute as much as the USA. I don't presently know the cost of our involvement, but I know it has to be in the multi billions.
But how do we put a price on one American Solider ? '
We can't......
VIDEO

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=middle>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Year in 60 seconds: 2011
it's about 1 minute.
Below links are worth a click `if you have the time or interest.
A multimedia showcase of some of 2011's top stories, including Japan's tragic earthquake, the Arab Spring, the demise of Osama bin Laden and Muammar Gaddafi, the shooting rampage in Norway, famine in Somalia and the Royal Wedding. Video

Last edited by Space; 12-17-2011 at 06:40 AM.