Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I'm in the wrong profession : (

Old 08-13-2011, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking I'm in the wrong profession : (

Hi Everyone,
I just checked my mail & the below article was on my AOL links My beachbum friends & I watched & liked that 70's show that Ashton Kutcher was in, but WOW , he sure is making big bucks...I've only watched 2 & `a Half Men a few times with Charlie Sheen, & the show was funny...

I guess they don't have to worry about a Mod Budget or Insurance Cost 4 -Sure...I'd sure like to make $700K a episode..and I could not believe that Charlie made a Million a episode I stopped & thought how long it's going to take me to make a Million ~> I'm still thinking (it will take some time 4-Sure: ) LOL

Do you like the show ? Will you watch the new one ?
I don't watch 2 much T.V., but I will try to watch it if I can find the time....Post your thoughts/comments & create some activity on the MCF....Give member's something 2 Read
Wish everyone a Super WeekEnd ~>EnJoy
Oh, Party/Smart....
p.s. AMA Motorcycle racing on 2day @ 3PM E.T on NBC
followed by the Dew Tour : )...I will be on recharge 4 work 2nite....
Ashton Kutcher and Hugh Laurie Are TV's Highest-Paid Actors

by Jean Bentley, posted Aug 10th 2011 1:55PM

Television is attracting more and more big-name stars, but this week's TV Guide Magazine points out that it's probably more of a fiscally sound decision for the actors than we realize.

While the most elite A-Listers make millions in movies, it's much less lucrative for everyone else. TV, on the other hand, offers a steady paycheck. Six-digit paydays add up when you take a 22- or 13-episode season into account.

It probably won't surprise you to know that Ashton Kutcher, who is filling Charlie Sheen's shoes on 'Two and a Half Men,' tops the comedy list with a salary of $700,000 per episode -- half a million dollars less than what Sheen was making. 'House' star Hugh Laurie makes the same $700,000 for every hourlong episode of the Fox medical drama.

Elsewhere on the drama side, Mark Harmon makes half a mil for each episode of 'NCIS.' Mariska Hargitay is the highest-paid female, earning $395,000 for each episode of 'Law & Order: SVU,' with 'CSI''s Marg Helgenberger not far behind at $375,000.

In the sitcom world, Kutcher's co-star Jon Cryer earns just slightly less, $600,000 an episode, while Tina Fey leads the ladies with $350,000 for each episode of '30 Rock.' Interestingly, the highest-paid female in comedy is none other than Julie Kavner, whom you might know better as Marge Simpson. The voice actress banks $400,000 episode for 'The Simpsons.'

It should be noted that actors' deals become more lucrative over time, so the fact that stars of long-running shows like 'House,' 'Law & Order: SVU' and 'The Simpsons' shouldn't come as a surprise. And a big-name actor like Tim Allen will make more money for his new sitcom than, say, Joel McHale would for 'Community.'

Check out the full salary list in this week's TV Guide Magazine.<~Click & then go to Acting School : )

Tell us: Does it surprise you that Ashton Kutcher is making so much money for his new gig in comparison to other TV stars?

Last edited by Space; 08-14-2011 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:57 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I say if the show is lucky, it has 1 season left. The kid in teh show is nearly grown, Charlie Sheen was the main guy... can't just replace him like that. Ashton Kutcher will be funny, but after seeing Sheen in the role, no one wil be able to replace him. I think the show is gone now.

Perhaps you and I should start a race team, Space? You drive, I'll build the cars? Maybe we can recruit a few of the guys on the MCF Fantasy NASCAR to help us out too....

Old 08-14-2011, 03:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I think the show is over too but out of spite they are gonna try to keep it going to prove to charlie sheen they don't need him.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622

Perhaps you and I should start a race team, Space? You drive, I'll build the cars? Maybe we can recruit a few of the guys on the MCF Fantasy NASCAR to help us out too....

Hi `Duane, that's a super dream 4-Sure...It would take big $'s to make it come true 4-Sure...I'd love 2 `be the driver of a race team, but only `if I had the best lap time of everyone on the team...I think the main driver should be the one with the best time/talent...I think being a race car driver would be a super profession 4-Real..."2 dare 2 `dream in SpaceVision"

Thanks to you & Lou for your posts & filling in some space on the MCF...I really don't watch 2 much TV, so it really does not matter if the show is a success or not...I'm still amazed at the Big $'s that actor's make in their
profession...They make more $'s for one show then most people make in a lifetime ? ? ?

It's been proven that 10% of the people in the USA own 2/3 of the net worth of America and only 1/3 own the rest.
No wonder we have so many problems...No one shares the wealth...."The Rich get Richer & the poor get poorer

I just work & dream of winning the Lotto ~>
"Giving `Up 2 Get, giving `Up to `Give & Giving `up to Keep"~>Sure is a lot of `Giving 2 Survive in this
crazy World called Life on Planet Earth"...Wish you reading this the best that you can extract from `Life until we are transferred to another Planet or unknown `Space 4-Sure.....Peace/Out from `Space

Last edited by Space; 08-14-2011 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

We watch it, unsure how it will hold up. Sheen evidently is CRAZY.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:59 AM

great post! i know! i heard somewhere they finallyyyy offered charley the 2MILLION an episode and he said 3. lmao! its not like he needs to work! hahaha but im def going to see how it turns out!

Old 08-15-2011, 09:46 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

I can kind of see why Charlie would ask $3 million an episode... I mean, he has more money than he knows what to do with, and he is probably thinking that maybe the show has run its course and its time to move on to something else. So for him, unless they can give him even more millions, it's no deal.

Basically, I think he was giving CBS some old "runaway" numbers... he didn't want to just outright quit, so he just demanded a salary too big for them to pay. Iv'e done it on some body work projects that I knew were going to be nothing but trouble and the customers weren't the type I wanted to deal with, so I sent them away with runaway numbers. I've known car guys who have someone breathing down their neck to sell their car, they give the guy a ridiculous amount of twice what the car is worht so the guy quits bugging them about it. Oh well....

Charlie didn't want to do the show anymore, so he demanded an unreal salary or he was leaving... simple as that.