New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

What's wrong with my Monte??

Old 05-31-2007, 02:31 PM
Default What's wrong with my Monte??

Hey whats going on? I'm new to this site. I own a 2002 Monte Carlo SS Dale Earnhardt Edition. Lately, my engine light came on. Took it to the local auto parts store, had them plug it in and tell me it was nothing but a gas cap problem. Simply replaced the gas cap, and the light turned off. Then about 2 weeks later, whenever I would accelerate my car wouldnt go anywhere. When I hit the gas is SLOWLY gets to speed and it's like I have to let go of the gas between gears. My Check Engine light then came on, along with Service Traction Sysytem, and my ABS lights. Now, the TS (traction system) and the ABS don't really concern me. It's more of the bogging down on the engine and the high rpms it hits without accelerating at all that is bothering me. Right now it's in the dealership getting looked at, but I dont want them to screw me over. Some friends of mine are telling me it sounds like an emissions problem, catylitic converter perhaps? I'm asking for anyone elses advice out there who might have experienced this problem or someone who knows more about cars than I do. Which is 99.8% of the members on here, lol. Thanks.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:14 PM
Default RE: What's wrong with my Monte??

Based on the HUGE response I got, I figured I'd answer my own commercial. Def. the CC. Thanks for all the replies.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

these posts were done only 4 hours apart...most people work during the day...and i had inventory all day @ work then had to come home and put the baby to sleep but my first answer would have been you need a new cat convertor and that they are covered under warranty...also run some sea foam through your car too..that should help

Old 05-31-2007, 08:08 PM

Please Ricky, chill. *****-free zone remember?

You posted at 11:30 am, then reposted at 3:15 Pm the same day. I dunno about you, butthe majorityof us work for a living, including the ones that could've helped you with the problem.

I'm glad you got your car fixed, but remember, this forum is here for M/C enthusiasts, to hang out, share ideas, etc. We're not all waiting around to jump on every question that gets asked. That said, how many questions go unanswered? Not many, when given the proper amount of time. We're more than happy to help-when we can.

You're always more than welcome to inquire of our knowledge, but please understand that we will help when we can, as much as we can.

--Peace,

Old 05-31-2007, 08:10 PM

You read my mind Wiz! lmao! Just took me longer to type it up....

Old 05-31-2007, 08:13 PM

ORIGINAL: FlynhghR

Please Ricky, chill. *****-free zone remember?

You posted at 11:30 am, then reposted at 3:15 Pm the same day. I dunno about you, butthe majorityof us work for a living, including the ones that could've helped you with the problem.

I'm glad you got your car fixed, but remember, this forum is here for M/C enthusiasts, to hang out, share ideas, etc. We're not all waiting around to jump on every question that gets asked. That said, how many questions go unanswered? Not many, when given the proper amount of time. We're more than happy to help-when we can.

You're always more than welcome to inquire of our knowledge, but please understand that we will help when we can, as much as we can.

--Peace,
Could not have said it any nicer or better Thnaks Flying R
Im the only ***** alowed here LOL

Old 06-01-2007, 01:35 AM

I will be welling to guess that it is not the cat but
it seems to me that he is having Tranny issues.....