Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I'm gonna vent here- scratch!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 01:41 AM
Default RE: I'm gonna vent here- scratch!!!!!!

Stand up, or face continued abuse.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:32 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

my little experience with these people tells me they will forget all about it in a week and start doing the same **** again. do you have a car cover at all? keep a car cover on the car when you're in the area. use bungee straps and strip it down.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

man that sux! unfortunetly there's nothing you can do about it in a private parking lot, even if you had camera's its a private lot (i think you said lot anyway) it sux i know, but i think your just gonna have to try to polish it out, did it go right to the metal or can it be polished?

trust me i'm going through the same thing with a car in my lot opens their door into my car, i have 3 tiny tents in my drivers side back door that weren't there before, and this person doesn't even live or visit someone anywhere near where i live, so i'm gonna have the car towed next time its there

Old 05-08-2008, 09:14 AM

Sticky Situtation. As far as the car check with your insurance see if they might cover it under comprehensive.
Also I would make it known to those people not to f**k with my car. Raise some stink at least it might prevent tit from happening again. Dont just let it slide cuz the kid will do it again.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:29 AM

[align=center]Hi `Thomas,[/align][align=center]I feell your pain & Frustrations in your words : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think children are a reflection of the teachings of their parents.[/align][align=center]If the parents have not been taught/learned respect,[/align][align=center]their children will follow/learn from their parentsexamples.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's sad, [X(]but to me it's reality. Unless the cycle of badteachings[/align][align=center]can be corrected, it unfortunately will continue in our World.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I have decided not to have/purchase another super clean[/align][align=center]car until I can afford a garage to keep `it, but then[/align][align=center]I'd still have to watch where I park it when out[/align][align=center]in our automotive world. (Malls/stores/etc.)[/align][align=center]It's saddens me when I see people carelessly banging/hurting[/align][align=center]other peoples vehicles : ( There seems to be more & more[/align][align=center]disrespect in our World & they don't seen to know/care[/align][align=center]how much you had to give `up to have your dream Monte) [:@][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I hope that `if you can't afford to resolve the problems[/align][align=center]with your neighbor's, that you start looking for a better[/align][align=center]place for you & your Awesome Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]Good Luck Thomas, from `Space[/align][align=center]Peace/Out[/align][align=center]"Only Love can Change Our World"[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]p.s. `if the children are destructive, you can call children services[/align][align=center]and report them. Especially `if the parents are neglecting[/align][align=center]their children, and not watching over them in a parking lot where[/align][align=center]they could get hit/harmed by vehicles.[/align][align=center]Parents are respondsible for the actions of their children.[/align]

Old 05-08-2008, 09:46 AM

Tell the parents you are religious------ An eye for an eye----- If you are sure they won't pay

Tell the father if one of your kids damages any of my property again I'll ripe your eye out.

That might help train his kids faster and better.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

SORRY to hear about your troubles with the neighbors. Neighbors can and usually are a pain, or they are just the opposite and wonderful.
Our house sits on (2) half acre lots. I bought the vacant lot next to us and put ip a 300 ft long split rail fence to help keep the neighbors (renters) from running their go-kart thru our flowers. I was told by another neighbor that he overheard their mon telling them to do so, for whatever reason. Still have problems with kids tresspassing, but it slowed the problems down.
As it stands now, you have several options, the way I see it:
1. Get a car cover and use it RELIGIOUSLY!
2. Park in a corner away from where the youngsters play, as you would in a parking lot. Don't hide it, just find a different place to park.
3. MOVE! Find a house somewhere to rent, or buy. I don't know your situation, but I understand the finance thing. Even a new or used modular in a park would give you a little more privacy, your own driveway, and get you away from the apartment living and all the problems associated with it, such as your scratch. I did this for 7 years. Not the ideal situation, but it worked.
I don't feel there is any good way to resolve the scratch issue other than trying to remove yourself and your car from the situation you are in. I FEEL for you, been there, done that.
My 2 cents.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:28 AM

You have some options...
#1 Have your insurance pay for it.
#2 If you own your home have your home owners insurance pay for it.
#3 If they are renters you can take the land lord to Tennant's court. They hold the insurance on renters.
#4 Fix your self and drive on.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:56 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

First, little kids are just little kids. They only do what they see and are told to do.

If they have no positive example to follow, then there's your answer as to why the car got scratched.

But remembering the stupid things I did as child it may be the girl likes your Monte so much she loves to be near it. That MAYBE, she pretends it's her parents car or even her's and this particular time she got too close and the scratch happened? (she admires your taste from afar)

I do know when a child is unhappy in their surroundings they tend to dream of how they wish things were for them. It offers escape from the life they were born in to.

We have renters on two sides of us. Those who move in right next door love to mow our grass. I guess the hedge line we created isn't a good enough sign for them? But also when ever they feel like damaging the shrubs we bought and planted.......... THEY DO!
So then we now get to go out and plant a replacement for the one that got killed.

I used to park my white '94 Dodge Shadow ES out infront of the house. And the people who lived right across the street from us had a grandchild, or neice, or step child they bought a trike for. One evening I heard a loud noise so I got up and looked out the front door. I heard the woman who lived across from us say, "It's okay honey." And I just happen to see her looking at our house while she helped the little girl back across the street with her trike. I went out later and found damage to the hood of my car and the pass front fender. Sure my auto insurance fixed my car. But I had to pay the deductable ($100) and this woman could have at least owned up to the damage this little girl caused.

Shortly afterwards they moved out.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:25 PM

ORIGINAL: RocknSS04

SORRY to hear about your troubles with the neighbors. Neighbors can and usually are a pain, or they are just the opposite and wonderful.
Our house sits on (2) half acre lots. I bought the vacant lot next to us and put ip a 300 ft long split rail fence to help keep the neighbors (renters) from running their go-kart thru our flowers. I was told by another neighbor that he overheard their mon telling them to do so, for whatever reason. Still have problems with kids tresspassing, but it slowed the problems down.
As it stands now, you have several options, the way I see it:
1. Get a car cover and use it RELIGIOUSLY!
2. Park in a corner away from where the youngsters play, as you would in a parking lot. Don't hide it, just find a different place to park.
3. MOVE! Find a house somewhere to rent, or buy. I don't know your situation, but I understand the finance thing. Even a new or used modular in a park would give you a little more privacy, your own driveway, and get you away from the apartment living and all the problems associated with it, such as your scratch. I did this for 7 years. Not the ideal situation, but it worked.
I don't feel there is any good way to resolve the scratch issue other than trying to remove yourself and your car from the situation you are in. I FEEL for you, been there, done that.
My 2 cents.
Not to go off topic, I'll touch on Thomas' issue too. Rockn, if you are still having aproblem with the neighbors:next time you see them on your land, call the police, file a formal trespass warning and explain the history of the neighbors. Unfortunately, heresay won't get a ticket. ) Next time after that it is a citation and after that it is a misdemeanor. Thomas, man that is terrible. I understand where you are coming from about people abusing the system. I work 50+ hours a week and can't seem to make ends meet for my family and I, and then you have people who sit on their butts because if they get a job and contribute to society, they lose their welfare. I can't remember who said it, but I agree...talk to your insurance and see if you can make a comp claim w/your deductible waved and your rates stay the same. My dad's wife's Jeep was hit by a plow truck and he ran, we filled out a police report and her comp covered it. Good luck, and keep us updated. I'm glad that you didn't retaliate though, I'd hate to see an honest person (at least I hope you're honest) get in trouble for something so minor. In the grand scheme of things, a scratch is not a big deal. It would be different if it was a 1984 DeLorean in mint condition, or that 1987 Buick GNX that 'Space found...but I know it IS YOUR car, but it IS a Monte Carlo. Be safe everyone; that's just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: I'm gonna vent here- scratch!!!!!!