Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

If you could be the Opposite Sex for a Day....

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: If you could be the Opposite Sex for a Day....

You're exactly right rj.

Is it so hard for a woman to simply ask, "Honey, how do you like my new lipstick?"

Old 03-21-2008, 05:25 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

lol... rj and taz are right on.

what fun

Old 03-22-2008, 08:01 AM

Sorry cowboy, I don't have a younger sister, I'm the baby of the family at 22. The 3-5 lb fluctuations are the ones I was talking about that girl friends actually will notice, even thought they're totally normal among all people. I really haven't ever had the lipstick fight with a guy, I only have 4 shades, date night, work, car show, and formal. Car show matches the paint on my Mustang, and work is dictated by regulation. LoL. I would try to match the Montes, but one's silver and one's gold, and that would look a little odd. If I expect a guy to notice a difference, I generally assume I need a whole different style, my hair done, and to tell him that I bought a new outfit and had my hair done. It's good to know that men really don't nitpick as much as women, because if we had to try nearly so hard with men as we do with each other, it would be impossible to get a date. I'm still curious what it would be like to be a man for awhile though... Might learn a few things that could come in handy later on.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I only have 4 shades, date night, work, car show, and formal. Car show matches the paint on my Mustang
If I expect a guy to notice a difference, I generally assume I need a whole different style, my hair done, and to tell him that I bought a new outfit and had my hair done.
I love it. You know how many guys here are thinking, "Why can't my wife/girlfriend be like her?" LOL.

As for what it's like to be a guy, it's really not that hard. We generally like to take the path of least resistance/least amount of work in anything. Except when it comes to things we're really passionate about. For example, we'll spend 10 minutes cutting the lawn, but spend 6 hours washing/waxing our car.

I won't get into the whole sex issue. Doesn't really seem appropriate for a site like this. Besides, I think it's fairly obvious to most women, how guys are about that topic. I will say this though. We don't usually discuss "how things went" with our friends.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:43 AM

I have learned alot hanging out with all the guys. I have a few friends who do occassionally forget I'm not one. For awhile it was a little disconcerting, because I never thought I would find a guy if I couldn't get them to remember I was a girl, but as I let it go, it turned out to be really nice to have friends that close. I'm the moderator for many of my friends' relationships, because I can normally see things from both sides and do a little "decoding" for both parties. Generally it turns out to be "Man, she just needs you to tell her you appreciate her, try it on Tuesdays and Fridays" (my friends tend to keep to schedules better than remembering to do something randomly, and the girls tend to keep score of the words, but not the days. LoL)and "Sweetie, he wasn't ignoring you, he really didn't hear you because the TV was on and he's kind of one track. Of course he still loves you." Makes it easy when it's always the same lines, and helps to pick up on the little things I can do to make my relationships go smoother. Being able to defend/translate fora gender doesn't necessarily mean full understanding, though, and as was previously mentioned, being able to shut the brain completely down might be nice sometimes.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:12 PM

hell yes i would