Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

= = Sex & Driving = =

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking = = Sex & Driving = =

Hi Member's,

I thought the above Thread title would get your attention

There's just 2 many distractions 2 day while driving..

I hope that you really think about the dangers of
talking on the phone & texting while driving
your Monte Carlo...
Everytime I get a chance to get out & drive I constantly
see many on the phone or distracted &
not paying any attention to the roads.

This has been a MCF Public Service Advisory
I hope it's a good reminder.
We don't want anything to happen 2 U or your Monte
Cell Phone & Texting Accident Statistics

Data regarding car accidents involving cell phone use and/or texting while driving has been limited in the past, but it’s slowly becoming available to the public.
The information on this page reflects the most current statistics regarding cell phone usage and text messaging during car accidents.

While the popularity of mobile phones has grown enormously in the past two decades, it’s still unclear how greatly cell phone calls and texting contribute to car crashes. What is clear is that talking on the phone and texting behind the wheel both lead to distraction, and driver inattention is the leading cause of car accidents.
2011 Distracted Driving Statistics

Most adults who drive admit to engaging in distracted driving behaviors, according to a HealthDay poll from November 10-14, 2011. More than 2,800 American adults responded to the poll. Results showed the following statistics:
  • Approximately 86% of drivers said they ate or drank while driving at some point, and 57% said they do it “sometimes” or “often.”
  • Over 1/3 of drivers (37%) have sent or received text messages while driving, and 18% said they do it regularly.
  • Forty-one percent of adult drivers have set or changed a GPS system while driving, and 21% do it “more frequently.”
  • Many adult drivers (36%) have read a map while driving, and 10% do it “sometimes” or “often.”
  • One in five drivers have combed or styled his or her hair while driving. One in ten does it regularly.
  • Have you ever seen a driver putting on makeup? Approximately 14% have done it once, and 7% do it frequently.
  • About 13% of adult drivers have surfed the Internet while driving.
  • Results of the poll showed that younger drivers were more likely to engage in distracted driving. Men were more likely to drive while drowsy, drive after drinking, read a map, use a GPS system, and use the Internet.
  • A large percentage of the people said they know distracted driving is dangerous, but do it anyway.

Source link above

Last edited by Space; 02-04-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I never sext and drive (LOL)

Old 02-04-2012, 07:51 AM

LOL `Tadd, thanks for being the 1st to post
It's going to be interesting to see how many hit's this thread gets, and how many member's admit & make a post

Tadd & Member's, do you see many drivers on the phone or texting when you are out on the road ? Post & let us know your stories or close calls when you are out there driving...

I know I now drive more defensively when I'm out on the roads 4-Sure .....I hope that you the reader are 2

Wish everyone a Safe `Journey in Life...Be Careful out there

Old 02-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Ronda was driving my 2001 Monte home from work. She was in the left lane to turn left. the lane next on th right to her was for going straight only. the young lady was on her cell phone and turned left in front of Ronda. I totaled my Monte but wifey was ok.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Well it certainly got my attention Its amazing how many people you see driving around while on their cell phone and how badly it affects their driving, weaving around in their lane. Not going when the light turns green etc.. It seems the only way people learn is the hard way because everyone thinks they are invincible.

I'll admit i use my phone while driving but only when on straight/empty roads. Alot of times though i use speec to text on my phone so i dont have to look anyway. I even have an app like Siri on iphone where i just talk to it and it'll do what i want

Old 02-04-2012, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Well it certainly got my attention I even have an app like Siri on iphone where i just talk to it and it'll do what i want

Hi `Keane, and thanks for your post...Does Siri iPhone make a female that you can just talk 2 & it will do anything you want ? Where can I buy this robotic lady ? ~> LOL ~>
Hope U R having a great class 2day & are learning something ? Have a safe trip home & have some fun

Old 02-04-2012, 08:23 AM

I'm surprised that high of a percentage of people (36%) read a map anymore to be honest. Most plug in their GPS and then if something is messed up or they miss a turn they're screwed and don't know what to do. I've seen people cross 3 lanes of traffic and nearly hit me to get off on an exit because they didn't plan their trip out beforehand or check the map at all.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

I think we've all seen that, people shoot across a highway to jump off an exit. Which is stupid because a gps will usually tell you long before the exit that you need to get off. I think the 2 we have tell you 2 miles before the exit. So if you miss it or jump across a highway its your own fault..

Old 02-04-2012, 08:46 AM

I don't even use mine until I'm within a few miles of my destination if I haven't been there before. Getting into the general area is a lot simpler with a map and prior planning. People are relying way too much on GPS in my opinion to the extent that they don't even plan their trips. When I go on a road trip I have all my stops planned out. Even my gas stops are planned based on the range of whichever vehicle I'm driving and the expected conditions.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

There are some sexy idiots out there! I do not own a GPS or have I ever used one. I am a good old Atlas guy. I plan my trip and write down directions prior to leaving. Then the map helps to keep wife and kid occupied while on road trip. Always seeing where we are and what is around. although a GPS wouldn't be a bad thing, I would never leave home without my Atlas. Got a new one for Christmas by the way. Already took it to Florida after Christmas. I am guilty of talking on cell but never text while driving.

Quick Reply: = = Sex & Driving = =