Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

? If you could be any age ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question ? If you could be any age ?

Hi Member's,
If there was a magic pill that you could take
to `be any `age ?

What age would you like to `be ?
Why ?

Look forward to reading your reply & why
you choose the `age you posted.

Thank You!

Last edited by Space; 09-15-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:37 AM

I really liked my pre-teen & teen years.
The bum's & I have always worked, but we worked for member's of our Beach Village or jobs for my grandfather at sea & we were always by the beach & were able to take breaks & have fun. It was a fun & carefree time in my life. My Beach Bum friends & I were together all the time. Morning/noon & night...We homeschooled 2gether, worked 2-gether & played hard 2gether...We still are in constant contact, but life & time seem to be stealing our good times.

I miss `it 4-Sure...It seems the older I got , the more responsibilities that I had to prepare for my life & help those that help raise me. We didn't have a lot of material things, but we were always happy with what we had 4-Sure & Enjoyed!!!

I'd love to take a pill (or find a `genie) & go back to those times
Look 4ward to seeing what you reading my words post for the age you'd like 2 `be ?

Enjoy your Life's Journey 4-Sure...No one knows how many days they will get on their journey of life ? What `if ? 4-Real
Thanks You!

Last edited by Space; 09-16-2013 at 03:54 AM.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Space, I would have to say my Late 30s. By that time, I was out of the Navy, and All my Kids were born! I wouldn't want to go back to any age before my kids because then, although I would more than likely still be a Dad, I would not have the same kids I have now. They are where my Heart is at!!!!
Otherwise, I would go back to the day I Graduated Boot Camp, in my 26th year. That was the day I completed my transition from Joel the BOY to JC the Man!

Attached Thumbnails ? If you could be any age ?-31687_1393723056913_1655345_n.jpg  
Old 09-15-2013, 04:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I would go back to 23, that was a time in my life, when I had a great paying job, no responsibilities and was old enough to go anywhere I wanted and get in to any place I wanted to be at, but was also mature enough to not get myself in to trouble plus it was prior to my motorcycle accident, so I didn't have a bunch of metal inside my face (long story but in the end I'm alive and well so it's all good ) but I used to love getting done work @ 11pm on Friday nights, and jumping on the harley and pretty much riding til the sun came up all weekend long. They were good times, from my memories anyways lol

Old 09-15-2013, 07:45 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This reminds me of that poem about resigning as an adult.

----------------------------------

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of a 6 year old again.

I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant.

I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make ripples with rocks.

I want to think M&M's are better than money, because you can eat them.

I want to play kickball during recess and paint with watercolors in art.

I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day.

I want to return to a time when life was simple. When all you knew were colors, addition tables and simple nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care.

When all you knew was to be happy because you didn't know all the things that should make you worried and upset.

I want to think that the world is fair. That everyone in it is honest and good. I want to believe that anything is possible.

But somewhere in my youth I matured, and I learned too much.

I learned of nuclear weapons, war, prejudice, starvation and abused children. I learned of lies, unhappy marriages, suffering, illness, pain and death.

I learned of a world where men left their families to go and fight for our country, and return only to end up living on the streets begging for their next meal.

I learned of a world where children knew how to kill... and did!

What happened to the time when we thought that everyone would live forever, because we didn't grasp the concept of death? When we thought the worst thing in the world was if someone took the jump rope from you or picked you last for kickball?

I want to be oblivious to the complexity of life and be overly excited by little things once again.

I want to return to the days when reading was fun and music was clean.

When television was used to report the news or for family entertainment and not to promote sex, violence and deceit.

I remember being naive and thinking that everyone was happy because I was.

I would walk on the beach and only think of the sand between my toes and the nicest seashell I could find. I would spend my afternoons climbing trees and riding my bike. I didn't worry about time, or where I was going to find the money to fix my car and pay the bills.

I used to wonder what I was going to do or be when I grew up. Not worry about what I'll do if this doesn't work out.

I want to live simple again. I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness and loss of loved ones.

I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind and making snow angels.

I want to be 6 again.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:09 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I wouldn't mind being 28 again. Connor was born then. I was still in good shape an had energy to do things. Those first few month after he was born I kinda miss

Old 09-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If I could go back to when I was 25, I would do a lot of things differently. Would've taken more chances in life. And actually taking time to enjoy life instead of always playing it safe. Always playing it safe makes for a boring, lonely life.

Old 09-16-2013, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
If I could go back to when I was 25, I would do a lot of things differently. Would've taken more chances in life. And actually taking time to enjoy life instead of always playing it safe. Always playing it safe makes for a boring, lonely life.

Hello `Lou, I also wish we could go back & change things, but we can't change the past, but we can change our present & future for the better `if we never stop trying
poem about resigning as an adult.

I loved your posted poem & it says volumes 4-Sure..
I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind and driving a new Corvette Stingray .

"Dream `it > Plan `it > Act `it" > EnJoy

Thanks everyone for your words/posts & sharing.
"Be the driver of your Life & keep driving to where you want to `be"
"Don't give `up 4-Sure or you will never get to where you want to `be"