Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

If you could ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 07:27 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yep... Hell of a weekend.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:24 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Man.. I'll have to think about this for one for awhile. Does the person have to be living, or since it's hypothetica, living or dead?

I'd like a day with all the people I know on the car forums... my 3 Monte Carlo forums and the one Torino forum I mess with. Big BBQ and beer at Brent (JuniorCar's) house.... we all bring our cars, and just have a big time for a day and get to see each other in the flesh for once.

As far a major figure, historical person... can't think of many I'd like to meet really. Ever heard the phrase "Never meet your heroes?" Yeah, well, I'd hate to say I'd love to meet George Washington and he turn out to be a major @$$hole. Atleast I halfway know the car forum guys, right?

Off the top of my head though... I'd have to go with David Pearson. Big hero of mine, I feel we share a bit of a personality. I even have a note he wrote me when I wrote him a letter requesting an autograph and asked him about racing the '68-9 Torinos. I sent letters to several of the people who drove them. I know they're busy, and respect taht they don't have time to answer each letter, but Pearson took the time to write me a short note about the car. That has always stuck with me.

With my being the forums now designated NASCAR Historian, I think that would be appropriate.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:30 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Didn't we have this thread not too long ago.

I believe I chose you Space :p

Hi `Mike, yes but the other one was Who you would like to spend a day with ? & this one is Who you would like to spend a weekend with ? LOL...Yes, I'm losing it 4-Sure.

You just want to spend a day with me to break my fingers so that I can't make any more crazy threads/posts LOL

I laughed at my friend BeachBum `Mike and his posts..I did not even know that he logged on yesterday until this morning. My boss & Mike woke me `up with testing the warehouse fire alarm ..(not a good way 2 wake up: ) at 5 PM...I showered & my boss took Mike & I to Denny's 4 some food : ) b-4 I had to return for work @ 7PM...It's been a super slow night & morning & I still have a few more hours b=4 I'm finished.
============================================
Cowboy `Duane,
I think you made a super choice being our MCF NASCAR Historian & choosing David Pearson or your forum auto friends..Thanks for posting and sharing... Wish you the chance to meet those in life that you would like to meet 4-Sure : )
============================================
`Brent, Great choice & love for your daughter, but I hope that you can spend many weekends with her..Besides your daughter what other person in this world would you pick..

Oh, can you still have smoke flashbacks from your teens ?
Maybe that's my problem ? I have so many & get so confused by all of my problems I must THINK ?
Ok, I 4-got what else I was going to post (?) If I remember ? I will............................................?

Last edited by Space; 09-24-2011 at 05:41 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:50 AM

How come I can never just pick one? Since I have many weekends, I have many choices.

My first choice would be my son GJ. He is in the Navy stationed in Seattle. Every time he comes home he has so many people to visit that I don't get much of his time. I love my son.

My second choice would be my Memere. She is well into her 90's and lives in Massachusetts. My life seems to keep getting in the way of planning a trip north. I miss my grandmother a lot and it is a trip I really need to prioritize.

My third choice would be Richard Petty. I have never met him but it seems he is a family man and is a quality man. I aspire to be more like him. Not to mention he is the ultimate mopar guy.

My next choice would be Dale Jarret. He is my favorite NASCAR driver and seems like a nice guy. I would like to know that for certain.

Next would be Barbra Streisand. She is so gifted in so many ways. Just being around her would be a treat.

Kasey Kayne as he is my favorite current NASCAR driver. His experiences working with many of the greatest of recent NASCAR history. He has worked with Ray Evernham, Bill Elliot, Richard Petty, and Robert Yates. Next year he will be working with Dale Earnhardt Jr, Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, and Rick Hendrick.

For people who are no longer with us would be John F. Kennedy. Our country needs his kind of inspiration again. Perhaps spending time with him he would say something to me that would allow me to inspire a nation.

The next person would be Davy Allison as he was my first driver that was my favorite. I think he would have achieved the greatness of Jeff Gordon and Jimmy Johnson had he not died.

For my last weekend I would choose the Playboy Bunnies that Space posted a pic of in a different thread. I would do what Playboy Bunnies do best. The reason I picked them last is If they didn't kill me during the weekends activity, Susan would after the weekend was over. Lol.

Until then I will be content spending my weekends with my two girls who adore their daddy and Susan who loves me too.