Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

If you could `Live anywhere ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011 | 10:03 PM

id stay in florida for sure. but probably move farther south to around west palm beach or boca raton and be in the city. I HATE cold weather with a passion. i lived in michigan for 16 years and will never move move back north. although the summers in the north are pretty nice!

Old 11-19-2011 | 03:48 AM
|
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Crusader SS
Well, all awsome places to live 4-sure... Mine would be in Europe... More specifically Portugal... Zeroeing in even more would be Lisbon (Lisboa)... I have travelled there many, many times and feel a real affiliation with the city, it's people, culture and it's ever present unrestrained energy... It's cradled between 7 hills and has history dating back to 1148 AD (including the 1st University in the world) when Portugal declared it's self a country (making it one of the oldest European states)... The old quarter of the city is undisturbed by the world wars and thus prestine... You truly can walk in the foot steps of kings for almost 1000 years... Also, it is the only state where the Templars were not persecuted and actually stayed and thrived after their brutal disbanding on Friday the 13th, 1307... If you haven't discovered it yet, I would highly recommend you do...

Our first member to post a foreign country to live & I agree from my Web Travels that it would be on my dream travel list 4-Sure. Thanks for posting/sharing.
<TABLE style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 256px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 89%; PADDING-TOP: 0px" class="infobox geography"><TBODY><TR class=mergedtoprow title="Location name (local name)"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(223,223,223); FONT-SIZE: 1.25em; FONT-WEIGHT: bold" colSpan=2>Lisbon (Lisboa)</TD></TR><TR class=mergedbottomrow title=Category><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(223,223,223)" colSpan=2>Settlement</TD></TR><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.5em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.5em; PADDING-TOP: 0.5em" colSpan=2>
From top to right: Panoramic view of Lisbon from the Ponte 25 de Abril; the Castelo de São Jorge; the Baixa Pombalina de Lisboa; a Lisbon trolley; Praça do Comércio at Christmas; Palácio de São Bento; Torre de Belém; Parque das Nações; the triumphal arch in the Praça do Comércio; Estádio da Luz; Sé de Lisboa; Gare do Oriente; the 25 de Abril bridge over the Rio Tejo; Eduardo VII Park and the Marquês de Pombal square; view of Lisbon from the Castelo de São Jorge; Aeroporto da Portela

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Old 11-19-2011 | 03:59 AM
|

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
I would choose Salem New Hampshire for the spring, summer, and fall. I would want a warm climate for the winter. I just know it wouldn't be Central Florida. Salem is still rural but close to all the culture and happening things in Massachusetts, and lower New Hampshire. Within a two hour drive you can be doing anything that you could imagine. It is also very scenic. Live Free or Die!

Hi `Gregg, why not Central Florida ? "Drive & Die"
I don't like Big Cities & prefer the isolation of small beach communities like Sebastian Inlet area of Florida (but it's also changing)...Driving in Orlando area is like a constant Defensive Driving lesson....4-Sure...
==========================================
Thanks Member's for sharing your dreams on where you would like to live, or that you are happy with where you are living now...Your posts reflects the diversity of our MCF MemberShip....Thanks for taking you time to share
<TABLE border=4 borderColor=#808080 width=380 bgColor=#808080 height=379><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#808080 height=379 borderColor=#808080 width=380 align=center>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
^^click on the image^^ for the high resolution image (1820x1560) ...
Above picture is updated about every 30 minutes

Last edited by Space; 11-19-2011 at 06:22 AM.
Old 11-19-2011 | 05:58 AM
|

There are so many beautiful & unique places to travel & live on Planet `Earth....& it's great that we are still `free & have so many choices in life...We can live anywhere we really want to live, and drive anything that we can afford....I am Thankful that I'm connected to the World Wide Web & can travel online to anywhere I want to go from the comfort of my home ~>4-Sure..(I don't know how anyone can get bored `if they are fortunate to be connected to the Web..

Last edited by Space; 11-19-2011 at 06:02 AM.
Old 11-19-2011 | 07:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
3 Year Member1 Year Member
5 Year Member

Wife and I have decided to settle some where in Northern Arizonia when we retire. A little change of season but no severe winters like MI. Second choce for me would be the Keys but I don't like huricanes

Grown tired of the winters here in Mich.

Old 11-19-2011 | 06:36 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
I would say Alaska in the summer and Arizona in the winter.
Even the view for the airport is amazing.I got to visit the airport for a few hours on a lay from cali to japan.
I would like to maybe go back to Japan for a while.Maybe climb Mt. Fuji again.

Old 11-19-2011 | 07:00 PM

If I HAD to leave my state, I'd either move to Oregon, Seattle, San Francisco or Denver

Old 11-19-2011 | 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Crusader SS
Well, all awsome places to live 4-sure... Mine would be in Europe... More specifically Portugal... Zeroeing in even more would be Lisbon (Lisboa)... I have travelled there many, many times and feel a real affiliation with the city, it's people, culture and it's ever present unrestrained energy... It's cradled between 7 hills and has history dating back to 1148 AD (including the 1st University in the world) when Portugal declared it's self a country (making it one of the oldest European states)... The old quarter of the city is undisturbed by the world wars and thus prestine... You truly can walk in the foot steps of kings for almost 1000 years... Also, it is the only state where the Templars were not persecuted and actually stayed and thrived after their brutal disbanding on Friday the 13th, 1307... If you haven't discovered it yet, I would highly recommend you do...
Wow, I didn't even think out of the country, what was I thinking? And another thing about Portugal is that they are very big on alternative energy sources, I did a report in 8th grade and at that time they were utilizing solar, wind and even the energy from waves of the Atlantic (for some reason the word won't come to me....)

Old 11-19-2011 | 07:37 PM

Even though I've been saying for 3 years now that I hate Iowa and can't wait to move out, I'd like to stay here but with ah ouse with a garage lol.