Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I sure hope I never acted like this

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Default RE: I sure hope I never acted like this

Now in all fairness to the guys/gals over on the vette forum there are a good number who have been quite supportive of my question & have reacted accordingly. Some with good humor as well. I've actually injected a bit of humor myself. To those folks I give a big fat[sm=smiley20.gif]I'm glad to see there are "down to earth" members over there, that do not think their fecal matter does not stink just because they own a vette.
Cheers,
Glenn

Old 05-09-2007, 10:49 AM

[align=center]Hi Glenn, there are arrogantpeople everywhere [X(][/align][align=center]Some buy expensive adult toys to impress and[/align][align=center]some for the enjoyment of everyone in their life.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I've learned that it's not the car that makes the man, but[/align][align=center]it's the man that makes the car : )[/align][align=center]arrogant:
When a person is led to believe that they are in some way more superior to everybody else. Pride is fine up until a point, but as soon as you believe that you are in some special way better than everybody else, you become a D i c k - Head : )

[:-]Drive's a Corvette [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Off Duty Cop [/align][align=center]I'm happy that there's no arrogant Members on the MCF,[/align][align=center]but I still think that I'm better then you... LOL : )[/align][align=center][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=guilty.gif][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 05-09-2007, 11:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Mick,awesome to hear that you are a real biker.

I didn't mean that they are technically crap, just crap for the way I like to ride.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:24 AM

haha well as far as bikes go im not into harleys or crotch ricers i am into the choppers with the stretch and the high handlebars. if i wanna corner at 100 ill jump in the monte hell even if i could i wouldnt go that fast on a motorcycle. and as far as cool d00ds go every single person on mcf for the exception of the 2 that josh delt with for me are just flat awesome. this is by far the best forum im on. people wise. help wise, info wise, and nonassholeness wise. ill never ever leave and i hope that this forum goes on forever

Old 05-09-2007, 01:17 PM

Its funny that we still say "ricers."

The majority of the parts on a Harley or Chevy are made in other parts of the world.

Expecially China, the country that eats more rice than any other!

We can even call Nissan's "Beaners" because they are now being built in Mexico

Old 05-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i think with me, its just the look, the sound and the size of the harley i like

i'm 6'9" and almost 300lbs and i think i'd look retarded on a rice rocket jmo though

Old 05-09-2007, 02:58 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Glenn,

Sorry some of your X-Vette buds are acting like 2 year olds.

My personal experience with a few Vette owners, they tend to look down on 99% of the population cause they don't drive Vettes. I've had negative comments made about my toys from a Vette owner or two but that's okay cause we're all GM family.

Up till now I get the impression you're a pretty cool guy. You knew you wanted someone a little more practical from the car you did own and you were willing to give other models a chance.

Okay so the Monte may not hold the same place in our society the Vette does. You can't deny the Monte has stamina. It's lasted 35 years. And it has loyal followers (myself included).

One thing if I could offer some advice.
Don't let the negative comments get to you. They aren't worth bothering with. Some of us have to make up for our inadequate body parts and some of us don't. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Not that Vettes aren't nice cars, I just don't feel the need to own one at this time. For one I own enough "Toys" and don't need another one. (Note to self: remember, new Monte is not a toy, newMonte is not a toy, new Monte is NOT a toy. Keep telling myself this)
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 05-09-2007, 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

i think with me, its just the look, the sound and the size of the harley i like

i'm 6'9" and almost 300lbs and i think i'd look retarded on a rice rocket jmo though
Touche'

Old 05-09-2007, 05:10 PM

For one I own enough "Toys" and don't need another one. (Note to self: remember, new Monte is not a toy, newMonte is not a toy, new Monte is NOT a toy. Keep telling myself this)
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Yes it is!!! My MC is two years old and it's still my new toyLOL [sm=gears.gif]

Old 05-09-2007, 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: rj

Glenn,

Sorry some of your X-Vette buds are acting like 2 year olds.

My personal experience with a few Vette owners, they tend to look down on 99% of the population cause they don't drive Vettes. I've had negative comments made about my toys from a Vette owner or two but that's okay cause we're all GM family.

Up till now I get the impression you're a pretty cool guy. You knew you wanted someone a little more practical from the car you did own and you were willing to give other models a chance.

Okay so the Monte may not hold the same place in our society the Vette does. You can't deny the Monte has stamina. It's lasted 35 years. And it has loyal followers (myself included).

One thing if I could offer some advice.
Don't let the negative comments get to you. They aren't worth bothering with. Some of us have to make up for our inadequate body parts and some of us don't. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Not that Vettes aren't nice cars, I just don't feel the need to own one at this time. For one I own enough "Toys" and don't need another one. (Note to self: remember, new Monte is not a toy, newMonte is not a toy, new Monte is NOT a toy. Keep telling myself this)
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Thanks RJ,
The truth is I have not let it bother me. I have kept my humor about the whole thing. After all the ones who made the ****ty responses are the one's who came off looking like jerks. There have actually been some very cool responses to my question over on that other forum such as this one by a corvetteforum member called Jeffthunbird:

"This was all new to me. Monte is a brother so Corvette lovers should have interest. They all have chevy blood"[/align][/align]I could not have said it better myself. That was where I was going with my post in the first place. It's just too bad that there are a few bad apples that don't know how to civilly express there opinions.[/align]So far all MCF members ROCK![/align]Cheers,[/align]Glenn[/align][/align]

Quick Reply: I sure hope I never acted like this