Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I sure hope I never acted like this

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 08:37 PM
Default I sure hope I never acted like this

Check out this thread I started earlier over on one of my old Corvette forum haunts. I'm pretty blown away by some of the responses. I figured I would be ok asking the question. I guess I was wrong. I mean we'reall motorheadsto some degree & the fact that we're fellow Chevyenthusiasts I thought would certainly make it a legitimate question. I would sure hope the people on this forum would not act like some of the jerkoffs over there. Though there are actually a fewcivil responses by some of the folks.
Cheers,
Glenn

Interestinglythe C6 Corvette LS2 enginehas the same cylinder head (casting #243)

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1560171128

Old 05-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Default RE: I sure hope I never acted like this

wow can u say stuck up much? i guess those vette guys look down on us MC guys like their crap dont stink i dunno. as that one guy said "dont know dont really care" so yeah those vette guys can just live in their own little world but IMO id rather drive a MC then push a vette

Old 05-08-2007, 08:56 PM

Yeah I use to think they were a pretty good bunch of guys. I guess if you're a fellow vette owner they are, as far as some of them are concerned. But I would never treat anyone, regardless of car of choice, the way some of the a-holes over there treated me.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:00 PM

for real man i mean if u came on the site and completely started talkin bout how crappy vettes are and how they suck and how ford is superior ect... youd expect them to go off but good lord you asked a innocent question and they jumped on you like you were carrying a chevy sucks sign. i honestly have half a mind to go on there and be all like "my mc would pawn your vette cos vettes suck" just to really get them going hahahah give them a lil taste of aggrivation to see what happens.[sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 05-08-2007, 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: scc24540

for real man i mean if u came on the site and completely started talkin bout how crappy vettes are and how they suck and how ford is superior ect... youd expect them to go off but good lord you asked a innocent question and they jumped on you like you were carrying a chevy sucks sign. i honestly have half a mind to go on there and be all like "my mc would pawn your vette cos vettes suck" just to really get them going hahahah give them a lil taste of aggrivation to see what happens.[sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif]
yeah some of them really have their noses up in the air. the one thing they seem to forget sometimes is they are driving a "Chevy" not a freakin' ferrari. my $53K vette rattled like a diamondback from the first day i got it & only got worse. needless to say i was not impressed. however my "low-brow" MC is quiet as a mouse fart... so far.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:19 PM

haha yeah buncha snooty sob's. i mean good lord a chevy is a chevy. i guess if the MC cost 60k and the vette cost 20k then they would be snooty bout MC's. im extremely happy with mine, quiet cept for the exhaust. fast, good mileage, and i can actually get someone in it and put stuff in the trunk thats bigger then a twinkey. now im not dissing a vette its a nice car for 1 person with no baggage and who isnt very big. but honestly calling yourself a chevy fan and then bashing a chevy is sacreligious. i love all chevies from the astro to the z71's haha. and everything in between

Old 05-08-2007, 09:54 PM

I'm not really too worried about it. It just opened up my eyes that they are a bunch of snobs & that's not what I'm like, so I'm glad to be here with a more "down to earth" group of folks. Hell I think I've posted twice as much in the few weeks I've been a member on this forum than the year & a half I was on that "other" forum.
Cheers,
Glenn

Old 05-08-2007, 09:57 PM

its a pleasure having a cool d00d member as yourself

Old 05-08-2007, 10:03 PM

Love of the car, or love of the company, makes us different that those with only love of themselves and the **** they buy themselves.

They're the people that buy a 1080i HDTV because it was advertised on TV, when the 1080p is superior.... but try and talk them into that....

Old 05-08-2007, 10:05 PM

ORIGINAL: scc24540

its a pleasure having a cool d00d member as yourself
hehehe... thanks chris. i don't know how big ofa 'cool d00d' dude member i am, but i do know this...
"I LOVE MAMA" (Adam Sandler as Bobby Bouchetin"The Waterboy")
oh &, of course, MCs kick a$$!!!
Cheers,
Glenn

Quick Reply: I sure hope I never acted like this