Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I sure hope I never acted like this

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Default RE: I sure hope I never acted like this

i have actually jump started a 71 corvet with my monte at a car show. you want to talk about a up roar.
I actually had a vett owner come ove rto me and tell me to un hook the cars and they would take care of him becuse they didnt want others to see me helping him in sucha "low class car"
Then he procedded to throw a beer at my car when he trund around and scoffed off.
The funny thing of this whole deal was the guy who owns the vet also ownes three other cars. 1 monte carlo SS , One 65 mustang rag top, and also one fast back mustang.

Then as this guy threw the beer Petter(the vet owner)
jumped out of his car and procedded to beat the hell out of this guy he was also German.
When i asked him why he got in the way he told me that becuse it was a German and i was a American they would take m e to jail but him being from there they would not say a word.

After all was said and done they really had to bite thier pride when i had to tow his and three others out of the mud hole they parked them in at the show. I had a frend there with a truck so we got them out.

The one that was thorwing things had to eat crow his was one of them stuck and no one would help him out. Till he came and begged us to hook on to him with a FORD! LOL

I just looked at him as said i guess we have really hit the bottom of the barrel now huh!
/He didnt say a word, got in his car and went home

I have also had Vet clubs stick thier noses up at me becuse of my monte.
But when you come flying past them on the autobahn they try like hell to catch up and never can figure out why they cat catch a monte that is "suposed to shut off at 100MPH"
mine just dont have this issue LOL

Old 05-08-2007, 10:34 PM

man that is some crazy shizzle. some people need to reel themselves in a bit. we're all born, we all live, we all die. that doesn't change not matter what we drive, where we live or how much $ we have.
on the flip side when i went to have my new SS insured at the local allstate agent he had his 04 special edition corvette convertible parked in front of his office. when i told him i had switched from the vette to the monte he was a bit surprised. but once he saw my new SS up close he was very impressed. he especially dug the remote start feature.
& much to the dismay of vette owners the 5.3L SS monte has a more muscular exhaust note than an unmodified corvette.
Cheers,
Glenn

Old 05-08-2007, 10:47 PM

i agree glen ,
But you have to understand that G.M. and even us have done this to our selves somewhat .
Most kids aspire to own a corvett. This is why when they get older most never grow up and they now own thier corvett.

The rest of us to go the good cars the Monte Carlo
LMAO!!!

seriously . it is true they really need to think that htey dont have the only car that was ever produced by G.M. Just one of the several in thier line up that re real nice.

But another group that is just as bad and for years looked down on you fo rhaving anything but .
the cadilac boys/girls.
They seem to think their cars dont sticnk either.
But it has gotten better with them . not great but better non eth less.

Jsu tglad tha tyou being a previous owner of a vet can see it from our point and understand why we dont go out of our way for the new ones out. they are really a nice looking car but i still like my trunk space more then the headlights and the handeling i personally odnt think it is that much better after it breaks in then ours was new.
but then this is opion more then fac ton that point.
but they should sell them with asprin in the glove box for the rattels and also for the headachs you will have everytime it needs some parts to fix it LOL

Old 05-08-2007, 11:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Yeap. Its like the Harley guys vs. the Rice Rocket guys.

Harleys are basically crap, but we still try to wave at them on the highway and they just ignore us.

I never give up trying though because I think of myself as a hardcore biker.

I've been riding for 30 years. Harley's just don't float my boat.

I can't hit 100 mpg on a large sweeping turn in a Harley.

But I still love all bikers.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:18 PM

Unfortunately there are those kind of people for every kind of vehicle, more-so with the "high end" cars. Not all 'Vette owners are jerks, though. The former Portland Club Grand Prix (PDXCGP) president and his wife own an 06 'Vette AND a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. Even they've encountered those 'Vette owners that look down their noses at you like you're suppose to be carrying some kind of **** bucket for them. Kevin and Heather (former prez and wife) have modded their GTP and have encountered the 'Vette owner that's like "well MY car is PERFECT. It doesn't NEED to be MODIFIED." We may not like those kind of people, but all of us should expect it.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:29 PM

im not to sure i agree Harleys are Crap. but i do agree that they are not something made to take cornners at 100mph.

And if ya waved to me i would be waving back .
But i will be the one crusing on the harly next to the ricers anyday.

If your face is in the wind and your wheels are on the ground and it is yours your a biker.
Thing is most harley guys/gals think they have to add all the damed chrome to look good.
I have actually been looking for another bike here recently and would love to have my HOG back but not real sure it will happen Might go find me another Cruzer bike and turn it in to one like the las tone. looked like a cruser but would eat a rice rocket for lunch and ask for more. LOL
talk about gettign under thier skin! LOL
when they pull up with a bike made to go race and you eat thier lunch they get oh so Pissed off!!
last bike i had was a gs1000 cc punched out to about the same as a 1400cc with a bottel hidden in the air box. it was actually gutted out and was more fo rthe looks then anything els i had velocity stacks on it. behind the cover and the back was all cu tout.
Also had a good headder on it

you would think that the steering stbilsers on it would have given it away for them but most thought it was for show.

I still like the V-twin just as a Crusier but want to have a bike that is reliabel.

Also dont confuse the chopper kids with a harley. those guys are just plain stuck so far up that cant even walk threw a door with out the cut out for thier noses.

But im with ya on loveing all Female bikers the guys i will just like alot in a total platonic way. LMAO!!

Old 05-09-2007, 06:52 AM

I do beleive in the 2006 Monte Carlo showroom brochure it does mention that the 5.3 liter heads were originally developed for the Z06 Corvette.It is on the page showing the cutaway engine.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

Harleys are basically crap, but we still try to wave at them on the highway and they just ignore us.
oh you did not say that! lol

i love harley's, i would take a harley over a rice rocket any day...

but i do agree with you some harley driver's are stuck up! but there are some really nice ones too

but i do agree with everyone saying that people that own vette's and cars like vipers and lamborghini's are a more stuck up crowd, there are some nice ones..but there are a lot of stuck up ones and those are the ones you remember...

Old 05-09-2007, 10:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Laserblue06ss

I do beleive in the 2006 Monte Carlo showroom brochure it does mention that the 5.3 liter heads were originally developed for the Z06 Corvette.It is on the page showing the cutaway engine.
That makesperfect sense since the LS2 heads are the same as the LS6(C5 Z06) heads.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:33 AM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

oh you did not say that! lol

i love harley's, i would take a harley over a rice rocket any day...

but i do agree with you some harley driver's are stuck up! but there are some really nice ones too

but i do agree with everyone saying that people that own vette's and cars like vipers and lamborghini's are a more stuck up crowd, there are some nice ones..but there are a lot of stuck up ones and those are the ones you remember...
I've owned a few bikes (none of them Harley's, though I do want one) from cruisers to crotch rockets & I must say I've never had a negative encounter with a Harley rider. I think Mickey's comment "If your face is in the wind and your wheels are on the ground and it is yours your a biker" says it all. In fact I've had many Harley riders pull up next to me while I was on my old Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 & give me a big fat thumbs up. I tended to get more flak from people in cars & trucks with HD stickers. I would always say to them, "Nice sticker you got there, so where's your actual HD?!"
For the true bikers out there it does not matter what you ride, as long as you ride.
Cheers,
Glenn

Quick Reply: I sure hope I never acted like this