Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I-Pods Who has them?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Default RE: I-Pods Who has them?

Cool, there you go.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:32 PM

i pod sucks ***

Old 02-03-2007, 04:07 AM

I've got a Nano, I love it. iTunes leaves alot to be desired, I only use it to sync my pictures. For drag and drop transfers of music to and from the ipod, I use XPlay, it's awesome.

I've been thinking about downloading MediaMonkey for a couple weeks now, how do you like it? What's so special about it? I currently have iTunes, XPlay, and JetAudio for my media player, should I get MediaMonkey too?

Old 02-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i pod sucks ***
I wouldnt go so far to say that. I actually like the I-pod it's seelf it is the dame I-tunes software i dont care for.

04montels
Media monkey is nice it will go threw and pull all the audio files you ahv eon the computer and ptu them in teh Libray (i relise they all do this) when it dose it it will get all of them for you and also puts them in order. you have some choces as to what you rank the higest to be the only ones seen or all or even a certin play list.
this is not really diffrent then the others you have mentioned. but to me it seems like the whole interface is more persnal and you can modify it more then others.
also it seems to do a better job of keeping track of things for ya.

IE. i have a external full of MP3's that normally dont get seen. or if it dose you have to leave it connected otehr wise it wil not allow it to find it agian.
thsi one i can unhook it for a month and it wont make a diffrence it the songs are not on the drive i sync with it dont show up in the play list.

i would say try it if ya dont like it it is not hard ot get rid of.
also it is I-pod compatiabel and also othe rMP3 devices.

Old 02-03-2007, 06:20 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

04montels
Media monkey is nice it will go threw and pull all the audio files you ahv eon the computer and ptu them in teh Libray (i relise they all do this) when it dose it it will get all of them for you and also puts them in order. you have some choces as to what you rank the higest to be the only ones seen or all or even a certin play list.
this is not really diffrent then the others you have mentioned. but to me it seems like the whole interface is more persnal and you can modify it more then others.
also it seems to do a better job of keeping track of things for ya.

IE. i have a external full of MP3's that normally dont get seen. or if it dose you have to leave it connected otehr wise it wil not allow it to find it agian.
thsi one i can unhook it for a month and it wont make a diffrence it the songs are not on the drive i sync with it dont show up in the play list.

i would say try it if ya dont like it it is not hard ot get rid of.
also it is I-pod compatiabel and also othe rMP3 devices.
I downloaded it last night, haven't installed it yet, will do later on tonight. I'll let you know how I like it.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

kool le tme know what ya think .
to me it just seems more user frendly.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:46 PM

Hey, that's pretty sweet, to be honest, I thought Itunes was the only compatible program with the Ipod, but I hate it. So I'm going to download that as well and give it a whirl. I agree with Mickey tho, I love the Ipod's themselves, it's not because I'm not original, but the reason they're so popular is because they're smart and user friendly, I had a touch screen Mp3 player for about 6 months before my Nano, and it just couldn't compete with the scroll pad on the Ipods. It's Itunes that really sucks.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:22 AM

Well, I d/l MediaMonkey and after importing my library (all 37 gigs of it), I found that the actual player part of it didn't work for me. I didn't dig into it at all since i've already got probably the sweetest media player of them all, JetAudio, and I know how to repopulate my iTunes library. iTunes does a great job at categorizing and organizing my mp3's, the only thing I wish it would do is sync with my music folder and add the songs not currently in the library. That's all I use it for, and to put pics on my ipod, so I have no complaints as it does what I ask of it. I refuse to update to the current version though as i've been hearing nightmare after nightmare about instability and usability after upgrading.