Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Pillar Pods yay? neh?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question Pillar Pods yay? neh?

So I always like the Idea of Pillar pods 1 for information and 2 cuz it's looks hella cool.

Here's a few details/ questions

I have an 06 SS V8 5.3
Is it do-able
And if so how and what would I hook it up to
Oh and where would I get one

Old 04-14-2012, 08:15 PM

If anyone answers let me know I'd love to do it on my 05 Supercharged mainly for looks lol

Old 04-14-2012, 08:35 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Theres universal ones out there but i hate the way the attach, in my F350 i had one the replaced the pilar but i dont think they make em for a monte that way

Old 04-14-2012, 10:53 PM

Hey guys watch a video on utube to do fibergalsss and it seems pretty easy to make just cut a piece of wood out that the guages wood fit in and attach it to pillar then cover in fabric and then fiberglass looks pretty easy i think i seen it done on custom fiberglass boxes ...check out youtube and youll be amazed how easy it would be to make it but connecting it would be the hard part for me...unless i could hook it up to the guages i already have....you guys give me soooo many ideas it crazy

Old 04-14-2012, 11:21 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

member Duderino has pillar pods on his 3.5, 06 monte. He's in Canada also. I think pillar pods are pretty cool, I'd like to get them for my 3.9.......

Old 04-14-2012, 11:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Meh I don't care for them guess ricers killed for me and I guess I feel it's pointless unless you are turbo'd or somthing to keep an eye on air fuel ratio, boost ect,

Old 04-15-2012, 12:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
If anyone answers let me know I'd love to do it on my 05 Supercharged mainly for looks lol
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Says to 04 only but I'm pretty sure it will work for yours? I ordered one the other day.. Slowly starting my build if funds allow Gonna look odd in my monte tho cuz I'm only going to be running one aeroforce gauge for now.. maybe a dual setup later but the third will pry be a dummy gauge lol, maybe a fancy clock haha

Old 04-15-2012, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
Meh I don't care for them guess ricers killed for me and I guess I feel it's pointless unless you are turbo'd or somthing to keep an eye on air fuel ratio, boost ect,
Yeah I figured it wouldn't really be good for anything. I guess I wouldn't have anything for them to read.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Says to 04 only but I'm pretty sure it will work for yours? I ordered one the other day.. Slowly starting my build if funds allow Gonna look odd in my monte tho cuz I'm only going to be running one aeroforce gauge for now.. maybe a dual setup later but the third will pry be a dummy gauge lol, maybe a fancy clock haha
I know how the funds feeling is I just saved up enough to do a mod I've wanted on my truck since I got it. So once thats paid I will be broke agin lol

Old 04-15-2012, 11:11 PM

yes i just got the supercharger and other parts for top swap but i dont have to many money issues right now either but i for dang sure not rich either so it doES still take time to get what i want just not to long at all really benifits of being your own business man i guess and being able to do most of this stuff yourself really help.....good find for 55 dollars not bad at all I guess i will need those once i am supered....i really like the areoforce guage that tells you soooo much stuffman that guage is the best one ive seen YET...SO WHAT TO PUT IN THE OTHER TWO HOLES?

Last edited by MONTE2000SS; 04-15-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Pillar Pods yay? neh?