Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

i need to vent/rant alittle

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 09:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default i need to vent/rant alittle

right nowi am having an extreemly hard time, i have kept spirits up but don't know what to do right now, we r struggling big time.... right now amy is working full time at a dentist office as a receptionist.... makes ok money, and sells jewelry on the side which depends on people buying stuff....so the money is not constant..she got a call from the old vet clinic she used to work at about a receptionist position she went on an interview and hasn't heard anything... it'll be a week tomarow..... i am working part time at a vet supply company working part time, making probably less than i should an hr and i do my detailing on the side which again money's nice but isn't constant...

with what we make a month we can barly cover our monthly expences let alone anything extra for ourselfs... if we get alittle extra $ it's usually spent on groceries... seriously i don't think our fridge has been well stocked since tax time...

we do treat ourselfs here n there when there's just that smidgin of wiggle room, which doesn't happen often,

right now we r looking at our phones getting shut off... i have been trying to work out a new plan so it won't be as much but with them beign our home/cell/buisness phones and using them for email, the net and at this point everything... we need them,

our car ins is due... thats $500 bucks we gatta pull from our **** or not drive seprate cars until we can pay it which posses a problem becuase of my detailing, amy's jewelry buisness, and our work scheduals....

we really want to own our own place... we r sick of this place as we have done soooo much worl and none is appreciated, i have no garage so projects become more difficult having to move it to somewhere else or it invades the house which amy doesn't appreciate....and my landlords want my car gone(monte)... thats a whole others irritation but it will be going to rest in my parents garage soon....

JUST AAAAAAAAHHHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

thanks for reading now back to your regularly schedualed forum!

Old 08-11-2010, 09:54 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Just keep on truckin man. Hope some expert members here have some advice.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Default stay focused........

...You just have to keep persevering and stay focused. Your honest hard work will pay off some day. Don't know if you're a Christian or not but if you can , put your trust in God and everything will come together......just be patient with yourself.
Stay focused....

Old 08-11-2010, 10:48 PM

Things are rough right now for sure. My brother just lost his house and one of his cars and moved his wife and 4 kids into his in-laws house. He is in the same boat you are and there are no easy answers? Not sure what kind of assistance your state offers, but look there if you have not already. I know here you can get money for food and utilities and we have low income housing. I wish I had some helpful advice for you, but you have to just keeping fighting and pushing ahead.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

I got to agree with Richard above. IF you believe in God AND Jesus Christ, There IS hope.
Justin, I can't get into all the details, but we are in the same boat, maybe worse. My debt load right now is WAY over 6 digits, my income is 40,000 a year less than it was 2 years ago, and we now have to sell this P.O.S. double wide house and find something different in a different area because LadyT took this promotion in Lansing. My anxiety level is at time "off the chart".

LadyT took this promotion because of our faith that God WILL take care of ALL of our NEEDS, and get us through this transition of moving and probably a new job for me in Grand Rapids somewhere. We have FAITH that God gave this job to LadyT (she will be the administrator in charge of all the adult foster care clients in Michigan). She no longer has to do adult protective services (YEAH!!!), but can still use her VAST knowledge in elderly care and abuse issues to help others in Michigan, and potentially in the entire U.S. if she has her way with some issues.

We have NO clear direction for our future, and with a 97 mile commute 1 way for her, and winter coming up soon, well...... the future is most definetely uncertain.

God WILL take care of our NEEDS. Maybe not our WANTS, but our needs.

Look at the positives in your life. You just got your GED, you are both working, you have Jack, and you have your heath and a roof over your head and food on the table.

God WILL provide for you, IF you have FAITH that He WILL answer your prayers. But you MUST believe that God IS in control, and honor Him in everything.

I trust that God WILL provide your needs, that the money WILL show up somehow, and you WILL be stronger through all of this. Check out all of your options, and ask God to direct your decisions. He IS in control, but we must trust Him to guide us in making the correct decisions, because "choice" is a gift of God.

Lastly, remember: "That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Believe it. I'm living, walking proof of that.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Justin, these are hard times for all of us. With a great support network of friends and family I think you will be able to get through it.

Growing up, my Dad was out of work for a long time, and my Mom doesn't make good money. We used to eat instant rice constantly, but my parents explained the situation to me, and I never minded. You do what you have to do, and for Jack's sake, you do what needs to be done.

Never give up hope.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

idk justin, i think i would be searching for a possible differant job, a fulltime position. actually i would look into local schools & educational stuff, not as a teacher but a janitor. beleive me, decent pay, great hours, and better benifits than the teachers. i know locally quite a few schools are shorthanded with janitors, alot are looking for full time help. if any of the districts near you may even have a possibility of hiring, look into it. hope things can get better for you man.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:39 AM

Hi `Justin,
I read (feel) the pains of life in your words, and you are not alone in our World 2day 4-Sure....
Life is a challenge to all, and the key is to never give up hope and do everything possible to keep searching for the solutions to the many problems in life...

I've found that the World Wide Web has many connections, and solutions to many problems that are encountered in life.
Check sites for your State & Federal sites that give assistance or guidance in the area's that you are having problems...
There is help out there if we continue to search...
You are blessed with a good mind and hard work ethic...Like
many above have already mentioned: Believe in Yourself & you will believe in a Master Creator of `All (no matter what you want to call him/her: ) Don't give up `Hope....and make a priority list (2 `do list) of things you need and keep working your life plan...

We wish you the best ~> Good Luck 2 you & yours 4-RealSure....

Old 08-12-2010, 11:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Justin, you know you can always call me and rant when ever you want man.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

www.indeed.com is your friend.