Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I didn't think it could be done.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: I didn't think it could be done.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3347/2F90E52D8A52429799240B594BA992F6.jpg[/IMG]
The paint job on this one kinda reminds me of what DESS03 did with his paint job. Only this one is blue.

If the blue car was mine, I would only change the rims and the doors. I'd put some really sweet lookin 18's and lose the Lambo doors. Nothing personal, I'm just not crazy about Lambo doors in general. But that's just my taste. The rest of that car looks dam cool! That paint job really looks good on the Monte. I'd actually like to see more of the interior and engine bay on that car.

Bottom line (in my humble opinion): As long as the owner of the car is happy with it, that's all that really matters. I can offer constructive criticism, and focus on what I do like about the car. But just offering insults gets people ticked off. I'm not accusing anyone, just offering my opinion.

So let me put the question out there. What rims would you like to see on those cars?

On the blue one above, I would like to see the same rim style, only a little smaller.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:42 PM

wow those wheels sure ruined those cars.

Old 07-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Just call me Dubs

ORIGINAL: Taz

[IMG]local://upfiles/3347/2F90E52D8A52429799240B594BA992F6.jpg[/IMG]
The paint job on this one kinda reminds me of what DESS03 did with his paint job. Only this one is blue.

If the blue car was mine, I would only change the rims and the doors. I'd put some really sweet lookin 18's and lose the Lambo doors. Nothing personal, I'm just not crazy about Lambo doors in general. But that's just my taste. The rest of that car looks dam cool! That paint job really looks good on the Monte. I'd actually like to see more of the interior and engine bay on that car.

Bottom line (in my humble opinion): As long as the owner of the car is happy with it, that's all that really matters. I can offer constructive criticism, and focus on what I do like about the car. But just offering insults gets people ticked off. I'm not accusing anyone, just offering my opinion.

So let me put the question out there. What rims would you like to see on those cars?

On the blue one above, I would like to see the same rim style, only a little smaller.

As for this car I know the lady that owns it and it looks great it's fully customized in and out and I don't know very many woman that are into customizing there cars this much.But the only thing that bothers me and anybody is entitled to put anything on there car that they want to is the rims.This is a problem because we both frequent the same car shows and picnics and sometimes I take my caprice or my monte or both.Now I know this for a fact because the last picnic I went to she was there and she didn't have these rims until she saw my car.Yes there smaller than mine but there the same rims and I try to be different and i'm pretty sure there are plenty of other people with the same rims but I don't see them as much as I do her.I just wished that she would have chosen a different kinda rim other than that her car is one of the illest MC'si've seen. and for the other blue monte i've seen this car on the road on my way home we were both on the express way together I think it's to high and need to be brought back down

Old 07-08-2008, 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: rj

Your car & all. So you can do with it as you please.

But this is getting rediculous.

Just commenting on the size of rims used.

I've posted before, why not just use tractor wheels on your car? And I'm used Wagon wheels as a sugestion before, too.

HA! Why not? Just cut the rubber down to about 1/2" and you'll be set. ) I think some rims are tasteful and some aren't. Take solow's Caprice...That would look sick with a set of 20's...and actually, solow, if you see this again...if you know where I could find a set of 20's with the 5x4.5 Caprice bolt pattern, let me know. I've got a friend with a '91 Caprice Wagon and he's trying to find some 20's. I like the paint job on that Monte though...that does look really similar to DESS's.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Just call me Dubs

ORIGINAL: rysZ34

ORIGINAL: rj

Your car & all. So you can do with it as you please.

But this is getting rediculous.

Just commenting on the size of rims used.

I've posted before, why not just use tractor wheels on your car? And I'm used Wagon wheels as a sugestion before, too.

HA! Why not? Just cut the rubber down to about 1/2" and you'll be set. ) I think some rims are tasteful and some aren't. Take solow's Caprice...That would look sick with a set of 20's...and actually, solow, if you see this again...if you know where I could find a set of 20's with the 5x4.5 Caprice bolt pattern, let me know. I've got a friend with a '91 Caprice Wagon and he's trying to find some 20's. I like the paint job on that Monte though...that does look really similar to DESS's.
before I had it on 14's I did have it on a set of 20's with the hydro's and they tucked really nicely I could drive and make turns with no problems with it slammed all the way down and it was low I would hit a bump and my exhaust tips would scrape

Old 07-08-2008, 08:51 PM

lol how do u drive that caprice? kinda looks a like lopsided to me

Old 07-09-2008, 06:40 AM
Just call me Dubs

ORIGINAL: kweef

lol how do u drive that caprice? kinda looks a like lopsided to me

In the pic I have it on standing 3 wheel and yes it can be driven like that but I have it on 3 wheels in my driveway the drivers is in the air.In the pic below I have it just locked up in the air this is before my cylinder change it goes alot higher

[IMG]local://upfiles/3347/4D36AF01442F4D58B2123A807AEB02FD.jpg[/IMG]