Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I was burglarized today...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011 | 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by juniorcar
lets take out our anger on a volkswagon!
lolol ^^ Agree ^^

Old 03-24-2011 | 04:04 PM
|

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Maybe going ahead and revealing that you're taking her to Charlotte on vacation will cheer her up? I know jewelry usually has to have a footnote on an insurance policy to be covered.... and sometimes it's a good idea to take a video camera and go around your house describing everything you can about once a year and keeping it somewhere so you can prove to an insurance company just exactly what was in your house.
She knows about Charlotte now. It was part of an extravagant birthday gift for her back in early February. I got her the iPad too, which distracted her from checking the gift box more thoroughly where the tickets were hidden. I'm so glad they didn't get that iPad - its the best one and it cost me a grand! The race tickets were right by the iPad when they broke in - thank goodness they left those too! I don't know how they missed it. The gift box the iPad came in was on the kitchen table still and they tore that open looking for it! I keep it in a nice leather case that a dumbass would mistake for a book I guess. Dumbasses don't know what books look like! It was in plain site.

The video thing is a great idea too Duane. The insurance company seems like they're been pretty good - my claim won't be large anyways. But I don't know what proof the wife has about her jewelry.

I'll be beefing up security with extra lock and a monitored security system. My brother is a salesman for the largest security provider in these parts, so you'd think I'd have already hooked up. Used to seem like such a great neighborhood...

Old 03-24-2011 | 04:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Neighborhoods never matter, every good neighborhood has people that are desperate and stupid.

Hope in the end everything works out for you, sorry about everything man. IDK what help any of us can be, but let us know if you need anything.

Old 03-24-2011 | 07:38 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
3 Year Member1 Year Member
5 Year Member

Well, one thing about the tickets.. they now know when you'll be gone again to come back and get the rest of yoru stuff......

Old 03-24-2011 | 08:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would check out the cash for gold stores for the jewelry. I they were nice pieces a lot of those stores resell gold too. Just a thought.

Old 03-24-2011 | 08:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

Really sorry hear that you were the victim of such a low class scum sucking bottom dweller... These comments have been edited since this is a family site or I would have really told you how I feel about scum bags like these and what should happen to them... Hope everything works out... God bless...

Old 03-25-2011 | 07:32 AM

Hi `Brent,
Really sorry about your invasion of privacy 4-Sure. It's great that you had insurance to cover some of your loses, but it's sad that there are humans that take from one another what is not theirs . Maybe you should sell your Monte & get a VW (Since no one would steal it : )

I hope the RCMP's can find the violator(s) of this crime b-4 U `do : )

We shall be LooK'in 4-Sure....

Attached Thumbnails I was burglarized today...-brentvw.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 03-25-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Old 03-25-2011 | 12:10 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Sorry to hear it. Your story sounds like the one a guy I work with had happen. Someone kicked his door in, in broad daylight and walked off with his stuff.

I know I for one HATE thieves. I believe this country should do to them what eastern countries do. Chop off their hands if convicted.

Hope you recover your stuff.

Old 03-25-2011 | 12:50 PM

NOTHING WORSE THEN A THIEF !!!!!

This economy isnt helping,,,,,but no excuse !!!

Old 03-25-2011 | 01:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
3 Year Member1 Year Member
5 Year Member

Space, thats just too much.

Quick Reply: I was burglarized today...