Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

How to get started with car shows?

Old 06-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Default How to get started with car shows?

So I am wondering does anybody really know a good way to get a sponsor for a car show......

So I am doing a lot of upgrades now and tryin to turn the monte into a car show car.....
After I get the interior all redone with a custom print, and the custom paint on the outside .....next would be the car show.

Now I know you can enter some local type car show events to show your car off but I am talking about really getting sponsored to where you have someone helpin out a little bit cuz you got mad badges/advertising on the car.....
(The best advertising his a head turning monte if you ask me...)

Just lookin for some good input on how to get started....
Thanks guys....

Old 06-26-2008, 07:50 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: How to get started with car shows?

Chris, member scc24540 may could tell you more... pm him if he don't pop up in here.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:56 PM

www.getsponsored.net cost 95 bucks if accepted but they start you with a 10k sponsorship. or just keep hittin the shows with what you got and send letters to businesses until it finally happens

Old 06-27-2008, 08:59 PM

umm that get sponsored .com is a scam.
If you truley want to get a sponsord car you need to contac tthe companies tha tyou would liek to have a sponsorship from.
Find out where you or who you need to contact. Also you will need to come up with a personal perposal for what you want to get from them and what you will give them.
basically if you want speakers you need to say i want this or that in and for thie products you will give up your tiem in shows for X amount of shows per year for so many years.
Also remebe rthis is not the only one like this they will get from the person looking fo rthis "free ride" type deal.

Most are not a full sponsorship most are wha thtey call quazi or in lamans terms a good discount.

you will have to put the car togeather threw thier local area dealer and wiht this type of sponsorship. show tha tyou can handel the sceduals and also tha tyour serious and really want it. then if your lucky and nobody else has beat you out you might get offerd next years model of thier product for a full ride or a even better discount . this can go on for a while .

I did a ton of resech on this while in Germany due to the lack of amaerican cars. Also I actually had several that wanted my car to rep them there in the shows etc... But the whole Sings by Drex crap killed it for me when i could not produce the car in the form it was suposed to be done.

Also you will need ot figure out for like a system .
speaker placment, wires your going to use, distroblocks and also sub boxes and the rest of wireing that you will need to put in your car for their product.

It is well worth it if you get noticed from the right folks and can keep a car that is up todate with the styles of things out there and willing to put tons of work in to your car for it.

But if your not abel or willing to devote all of the time tha tyou can in to your car and thier product placment then i would say settel for a really nice daily driver and make sur eit is well protected.

Belive me when i say i know wha tit is like to put that much in to a car to find out that when all is said and done the car is not worth what you have in to it.
great exampel I have recipets for over 10,000.00 worth of work and mods and stereo in my car not to include the rims and tires under now etc...
I was offed from a G.M. dealer today 7500.00 for my car.
It is a 03 SS with less then 52000 miles on it and even they say it looks brand new still.

This was even witht he system wetc still in the car.
SO i will be taking that out befor ei try again to trade it off for a diffrent car for the wife

Old 06-27-2008, 09:15 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

umm that get sponsored .com is a scam.
worked for me...

Old 06-27-2008, 10:49 PM

congrats, but i know many folks it has also screwed over .
best of luck to you and your car. I seriously hope they dont do that to you.