New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Whats Goood? Ss started pimpin more work to come

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 01:37 AM
Cool Whats Goood? Ss started pimpin more work to come

Whats up everyone, the names Bob im 19 and live in Metro Detroit. I ride a fully loaded 04 Monte SS, Im real big into systems and design custom boxes and such, my monte carlo as of right now is all stock except for the system. the system i got is a FI audio 12 inch q in a 2.5cu ft box excluding port tuned to 28hz with a kenwood amp that doesnt push the power the sub can take. the system is in the progress of an upgrade, and so is some more stuff. things that are happinin soon are i have 8000k hids in the mail, im bout to upgrade the altenater and battery so i can beef my amp up to 1300rms without voltage drops. im trying to learn how to tint i just bought all the stuff for it and I knew it was hard but it turned out a lot harder than i thought. i figured id try to tint the tailights with actual window tint but that turned out to be extremely hard going by how friggen bulby and curved the tails are. i WILL learn how to tint correctly over the next month and i WILL tint my windows myself and refuse to let anyone else do it even though its not an issue of money. i think when it comes to the tails im just gonna buy some darker leds cause im sure those would look beautiful.(anyone got pics of em installed?) before the snow leaves ill have a double din kenwood to. allso im in the process of learning how to fiberglass and have plans on turning my trunk into nothing but a flashy *** system. and doin the door panels and such. there are some things i want to do but am a little clueless such as exhaust system, i know absolutly nothing about that and just want my car to sound a lil beefy instead of dead silent. but if the 3.8 v6 can only achieve that winey high pitched exhaust than thats an absolutely no no. I hate nothing more in the world than somebody with a cheap ricer exhaust or an expensive ricey high pitch ehaust period. allso i want to tint the headlights somehow but really really dont want to spray them with anything would rather try window tint. someday im gonna try to do a really really out of the box crazy headliner that i thought of but its a secret untill its actually done or a complete failure.and those are my as of plans. You guys are all gonna get to know me cause ill be posting quite a bit and am a real go getter, Ocd, get stuff done type of guy, so when i say all those things are gonna happen just watch the posts baby.

Attached Thumbnails Whats Goood? Ss started pimpin more work to come-whip.jpg  

Last edited by RosDaddy; 01-21-2010 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Add pic
Old 01-21-2010, 08:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome!

Old 01-21-2010, 10:57 AM

welcome. hopefully your car has more than just looks and sounds. a true monte walks it like it talks. pretty can only get you so far

Old 01-21-2010, 12:58 PM

nice monte! welcome to the forum!

Old 01-21-2010, 01:31 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

welcome to the forum

Old 01-21-2010, 01:45 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Welcome.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:39 PM

Welcome, sounds like you have many plans for your Monte.
The audio/sound section will be your heaven, good luck with everything.
Post pics of your costumed sub box ^.^ i highly believe that a custom sub box is definitely needed for our trunks because a square box like the one i have, blocks the spare tire which is crappy trying to move once i need to get the spare and tire jack etc.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

heyy! welcome to the forum!

Old 01-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

welcome to the forum! sounds like ya got some good plans for your monte.

if your lookin into doing an exaust, a cat back system is a popular mod, or a downpipe from SLP ( i think, haha ) and a full dual exaust w/ high flow cats. good systems can be had from borla, flowmaster, dynomax, ect. it would only sound ricer-esque if ya put a fart can on it or lopped the exaust off at the header. its still not gonna sound like a V8, but not like a 4-banger eather. if done right ya can get a nice, mellow exaust note from these cars. im sure everyone else on here can point ya in a good direction

and BTW, im diggin the javalin in the backround of that pic. is it a '70? '71? cool car!

Old 01-21-2010, 08:08 PM

thanks everyone and actually i dont even have a spare tire my box takes up the trunk and its still a rectangle box but its real big and sounds spectacular, I know looks can only get you so far but man can they can get you far lol. in all honesty i dont plan to beef the engine up cause im not that good at mechanics (way better than average joe tho) im more into electrical and i do systems as a ways of side cash. latly i have been getting really big into the systems and am trying to push it on people i dont know which is turning out pretty good. my specialty is taking a decently low power sub (400rms for example) building a big *** ported box than selling the sub in the box after they hear a demonstration of it in my car, after i turn my 500rms system up ill ask them what they think i got in the trunk and theyl ussually say something along the lines of 2 15s? 4 12s? on 3000watts and im just like nope 1 12, 500watts. they never believe me, ill pop the trunk theyl poop themself and want me to build them a system more than anything. im working on a video right now where i take a regular flee market box with a l7 in it turn it up, take a db reading, than litterally keep the camera rolling and stick it in my box i have next to it and take another db reading and show some flex. as of right now my system isnt powerd to nearly its potential because of the 103amp stock alt which has kept me from getting a nice amp, luckily my fathers best friend owns an electrical shop and i just placed an order for a built up alternater hes making for my car. the finished product is gonna be 210 amps instead of 103 so more than twice the power. ima allso slap an optima yellowtop in the trunk after hes down and buy a sundown audio SAE 1200D amplifier to power the fi. if everything works out without any issues this should be done within a week to 2 weeks. (window tint and hids will happen within 2 weeks allso) after this is done im going to redo the trunk fully fiberglassed and will be logging it for all of your viewing pleasure. o and that javelins my fathers, its a 73 and holy dammit is that thing the funnist to drive. learned how to do dry pavement donuts in that bad boy in a matter of seconds lol, makes me feel like beefing up my 3.8 v6 is kind of a lost cause lol.

Quick Reply: Whats Goood? Ss started pimpin more work to come