Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

How did you get to the montes?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

for how cheap it was, it's been the most reliable car i've ever had. and honestly, even though lately it's just been our family's "backup" car for about a year now, it's still one of the most reliable cars our household has had, i can let it sit for 3-4 months and it'll fire right up and drive like i just parked it yesterday.

plus, it's RED!! and a 2 DOOR!

Old 11-22-2011, 10:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Have just always been a fan of Monte Carlos. In 2000 the remodel of the 6th Gen was just amazing.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

well my first car was a 97 green mazda millenia, nice little car. started having many problems with it so we traded it in for a Pearl White 97 Acura RL "gold package". Awesome awesome car for sure!
after a few months we traded the RL for a 2002 Yellow monte Ls with 95k miles in great condition. the previous owner had SS emblems on it so i figured it was pretty cool
i didnt know anything about montes at the time so i figured it was an actual SS until i found this site. never really got on or even posted, i eventually lost my password so that was that until now that i have another profile
but ever since that LS, i've been in love with montes. its just something about this body style that makes them special especially montes with the High Sport Kit!!

Old 11-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

During the summer i was in the market to pick up a cheap commuter car to go back and forth to college with. As i didn't want to put all the miles on my horizon and my dads suv is a gas hog. Searching local craigslist ads i came across this car and it looked nice. I test drove it couldn't find anything wrong with it. Told the girl on the spot that i'd buy it and here i am 7,000 miles later. Best $1000 i ever spent.

Got the monte then started looking for an online community and here i am with a bunch of wonderful fellow monte owners.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I found mine while looking for a family daily driver. I first noticed the supercharged 04's at a nascar show car event at a local lot when they came out. So when I see one for sale 6 years later I had to buy it. After we looked at it I was doing some research and I found MCF and have been here every since.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I had a plan in motion to replace my daily driver, which is a '94 Grand Am. Almost since the day I bought the Grand Am (back in '03), I wanted a '97-'02 Grand Prix and it HAD to be a 3800 powered car.
In '08 my DD had 150,000ish miles. I had some cash saved up, went looking. My goal was that if anything happened and my DD puked one day, I was not in a crunch to replace it, I had something sitting and waiting (back then I drove 40+ miles, sometimes 80+ miles round trip to work). By the time I was shopping, I had reasons to no longer want that year range of Grand Prix (and yes, I knew at the time most items I could list, the Monte is built on the same platform). I'm not sure, but something made me really LOVE the blue/silver Montes.
Went shopping, found my blue and silver on eBay from a guy 4+ hours away. Made a deal outside of eBay when it did not sell, he met me half way, I gave him a cashiers check and I've been a fan since.

OH and that '94 Grand Am STILL runs (210,000+ miles). My wife agrees so long as the Grand Am runs or is inexpensive to fix, I can park the Monte during the winter.

Sounds like a sweet deal to me! Im looking for an older more ruffed up monte for winter

Old 11-22-2011, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by skylark65
for how cheap it was, it's been the most reliable car i've ever had. and honestly, even though lately it's just been our family's "backup" car for about a year now, it's still one of the most reliable cars our household has had, i can let it sit for 3-4 months and it'll fire right up and drive like i just parked it yesterday.

plus, it's RED!! and a 2 DOOR!
Sounds like you got the deal i want! Is this the $400 monte?:p

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Have just always been a fan of Monte Carlos. In 2000 the remodel of the 6th Gen was just amazing.
Same here,they were the first style i ever remember seeing!

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
My Monte belonged to my son in law. The car was in pieces. He was going to send it to a junk yard. I saved it from that fate. I put it back together and drove it daily for close to two years. It is off the road now. I have collected a lot of parts to restore it. Still need more parts. My car is one of 3017 turbo Monte Carlos.

Thats pretty sweet.I'd love to restore a car some day

Old 11-22-2011, 12:36 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Cause I didn't want to buy another Grand Prix.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

for me it was all about the body of the 6 th gen I just love the Lines of this car !!

Old 11-22-2011, 12:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

I was looking for my second car, because my mom wanted my cavalier to trade in so she could get a new ride. I searched for a new car to get online, and after ugly car after ugly car after ugly car, i came across the BEAUTIFUL monte carlo, and i knew once i saw one, i NEEDED one! So i finally found my red 6th gen monte. and test drove it, bought it and wow! ever since been hooked!!

I traded it in for this amazing 7th gen monte, and OH! it just made my addiction for montes incease 10 fold!!!

They are GORGEOUS and drive so smooth!!!! long live the monte carlo!!

Quick Reply: How did you get to the montes?