Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>Hennessey-Tuned Chevrolet SS Churns Out 1,000 HP, Has 6-Speed Manual<

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up >Hennessey-Tuned Chevrolet SS Churns Out 1,000 HP, Has 6-Speed Manual<

Hennessey-Tuned Chevrolet SS Churns Out 1,000 HP, Has 6-Speed Manual >MCF, What do you think of 'it ?
BONUS POST(S) Also below > EnJoy! Take a break & watch some Super Vid's (WoW)

By Jeff Perez 17 hours ago

If there’s one sports sedan on the market that catches our attention more than most, it’s the Chevrolet SS. Australian-born, and American-bred, this sedan knows how to have a good time. But the folks at Hennessey felt this fun and fashionable four-door needed an upgrade.

1,000 horsepower — that’s how much power Hennessey’s twin-turbo upgrade adds to the already powerful SS. The 6.3-liter V8 gets a plethora of updates including new intakes, headers, a high-flow catalytic converter, and a new ECU.
PHOTOS: See More of the 2014 Hennessey Chevrolet SS

Even better, Hennessey offers a six-speed manual conversion to handle all that power. But if you want to keep it simple (and expensive), you can upgrade the standard automatic with paddle shifters, though it would require a performance build and torque converter upgrade.
At 1,000 horsepower, that easily makes it one of the baddest sports sedans on the planet. But if you want to go tamer with it, Hennessey also offers an HPE475, HPE550, HPE600, HPE650, and an HPE800. All of which, still show enough of an increase over the SS’ standard 415 horsepower to keep things interesting.
PHOTOS: See More of the 2014 Chevrolet SS

Putting on the final touches, Hennessey added some minor aesthetic modifications like an individually-numbered dash plaque, an Alcantara-wrapped steering wheel, new wheels, and custom carbon fiber aero features, just to name a few.
RELATED: See Photos of the 2014 Hennessey Chevrolet Corvette Stingray HPE700

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-02-2014 at 06:49 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:25 AM
Old 05-02-2014, 04:27 AM

Diesel Supercar Has 190-MPH Top Speed, 2,000-Miles Per Tank

This may seem like an unorthodox claim, but all supercars are kinda the same. They have an engine placed behind the driver but ahead of the rear wheels, and usually run some sort of twin turbo V8, V10 or V12. Even the latest crop of hypercars are all forms of hybrids– everyone is copying everyone […]

Boldride

2015 Dodge Challenger Preview

Though its styling receives only minor changes, the 2015 Dodge Challenger is thoroughly updated with a new interior, new technology, and new engine and transmission upgrades.

J.D. Power and Associates

Old 05-02-2014, 04:31 AM
Smile >2`dare 2 `Dream<>It's `free (LOL)<

Supervettes SV7 Coming This Fall with “Well Beyond” 625 HP

Posted on 30 April 2014 by Jeff Perez

So far, we’ve yet to really see too many tuning houses take the new C7 Corvette and customize it to their own liking. But Florida-based Supervettes thinks the new Stingray needs some enhancing. And a widebody kit.

Announcing the arrival of its new SV7 on Facebook, Supervettes gave us a small sampling of what we could expect from the new tuned Stingray. Along with a revised hood line and a widebody kit, the SV7 will come with “well beyond” 625 horsepower and will “rival of the looks of the new Corvette Z06,” says founder Jason Hunkler.
PHOTOS: See More of the 2013 Supervettes SV8.R Concept

Other features are still under wraps at the moment, but Supervettes did say that the new SV7 will be ready for sale beginning this fall. All we know is that if it looks anything like the SV8.R concept pictured here, that would be fine by us.

PHOTOS: See More of the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Old 05-02-2014, 04:45 AM

Your Ride: 1960 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster Jeff Perez Jeff Perez Chevrolet
Your Ride: 1960 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster

Posted on 26 April 2014 by Jeff Perez

When one of our readers, Bob, decided to take his wife Mary Ellen on a special Valentine’s day trip to the Pacific Northwest, little did Mary Ellen know, it would be a trip she wouldn’t soon forget. Read their full story:

How did you acquire your ride?
I want you to meet our Gracie B. My Husband Bob surprised me with her for Valentines Day. He told me to pack an overnight bag for our Valentines date, I was intrigued. We drove to the airport and as soon we were in the air on our way to the Pacific Northwest. A nice guy picked us up and took us to see Gracie B.
PHOTOS: See More of the 1960 Chevrolet Corvette
It was pouring outside which it does in Renton, Washington. They opened a garage door and there she was. Best valentines gift ever! Bob bought my car on Ebay and we were going to drive her back home to California. They begged us to ship her saying she hasn’t been in the rain for 20 years. Sat in an old barn and came out to drive the homecoming queen around the football stadium. Nope we were going to see how she did on the road.

Well the ragtop leaked at the windshield and we were soaked in ten minutes. Bob got some free newspapers at the minimart and put them on top of the windshield and clamped the top down tight. Problem solved. She had on old nylon tires and kinda drifted where she pleased. You have to drive these cars and we sure paid attention. I had told Bob if he ever wanted to get me a classic he could get me a 1960 Corvette because it had the most chrome of any classic corvette. I loved the Horizon blue and white best of all.
Does it have a name?
She is named after my parents, Ethel Grace and Bob. My dad loved classics and I sure wish he could have lived to get in gracieB and take a bold ride.
PHOTOS: See More of the 1960 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster
What do you feel like when you drive it?
I feel like Queen of the road when we take her out for a drive.
What would you change about your car, if anything?
Youngsters always want to know what kind of car she is. I wouldn’t change one thing about her, she is a stock car and why mess with perfection.

Dream accessory for it and why?
We bought a hard top for her and that was my dream accessory. So I’m good.
PHOTOS: See More of the 1960 Chevrolet Corvette 283/290 Fuel-Injected Roadster

Remembering the Hurst Olds: Flickr photo of the day

It was 10 years ago today that the last Oldsmobile rolled off the line in Lansing, Mich., after 106 years of production. By that point, Oldsmobile had withered to a shell of its former self, with little of the glory it once held on American roads. (Anyone else remember its starring role in the…

6 car styling cliches of 2014

Automotive styling tastes can be more fickle than fashion; and it only takes a quick look at how cars are seen as a sort of extended fashion statement here in the U.S. to understand why.

The Car Connection

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-02-2014 at 04:48 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:21 AM
Talking >More Dreams 2 fill your `Mind< WoW<

Watch the Ferrari LaFerrari get put through its paces by Top Gear and Evo

Do you know what today is? Well, besides being the anniversary of the signing of the Louisiana Purchase (thanks France!), Consumer Protection Day in Thailand and Michael Waltrip's birthday, April 30 marks the expiration of the first of two embargoes on the Ferrari LaFerrari.
Click the below 'Vid > Oh > Buckle `Up > EnJoy 4>Sure (WoW)>Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee's
It's worth a click > ride & a new dream ride 4 `me > Let me know `if U like it ? `OK

Autoblog

SaveMore like thisRemove
This 4.5-minute video of supercars and classics starting up is oddly mesmerizing

Click below Super `Vid 2 listen, see > EnJoy > WoW

There's way more to cars than just about how they drive – any auto enthusiast can tell you that. While the way a car feels is vital, the way it sounds plays a huge role in making it exciting as well. Some cars, like the V12 of a '60s Ferrari, are famous partially because of the fantastic noises…
Chevrolet to Offer Two New Design Packages for 2015 Corvette Stingray

Chevrolet to Offer Two New Design Packages for 2015 Corvette Stingray

April 30, 2014 6:33 PM

The Chevrolet Corvette, famous since the 1950s as a "raceway meets highway" concept, features two new design packages for 2015. The Atlantic luxury convertible and the Pacific performance coupe will go on sale later this year with the rest of the 2015 Corvette Stingray lineup.
"One of the design goals for the Corvette Stingray was to provide customers with the flexibility to tailor the car to their personality," said Kirk Bennion, Corvette exterior design manager. "The Atlantic and Pacific Design Packages were originally designed to showcase how the Stingray could be configured as a luxury sport GT car or as a high-performance motorsport car."

The Atlantic Design package has a European flair. It's available in all Corvette Stingray colors and is offered on Z51-equipped convertibles, in 2LT or 3LT trim levels. Features include:
  • Front Z06-style splitter
  • Shark Gray exterior vents, hood "stinger" graphic, and tonneau inserts
  • Chrome Torque wheels with Stingray center caps
  • Stingray underhood liner and floor mats
  • Custom splash guards, license plate frame, and logo valve stem caps
  • Custom luggage

The Pacific Design package has a West Coast-inspired look, and is offered as a Z51-equipped coupe, in 2LT and 3LT trim levels. Features include:
  • Color choices of Torch Red, Black, Arctic White, Blade Silver, and Shark Gray
  • Satin black racing stripes
  • Satin black Z51 wheels with red stripe and Stingray center caps
  • "CFZ" carbon fiber ground effects package and visible carbon fiber roof panel
  • Carbon Flash spoiler, outside mirrors, and exterior badges
  • Red brake calipers
  • Competition Sport Seats in red or black
  • Carbon fiber interior trim, Stingray sill plates and floor mats
  • Custom splash guards and license plate frame
  • Indoor car cover (gray)
A 7-speed manual transmission is standard; an 8-speed paddle-shift automatic is optional.

Additional Research:The ?Chevrolet Corvette, famous since the 1950s as a "raceway meets highway" concept, features two new design packages for 2015. The Atlantic luxury convertible and the Pacific performance coupe will go on sale later this year with the rest of the 2015 Corvette Stingray lineup.

J.D. Power and Associates

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-02-2014 at 05:44 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Lotsa baddass there! Very impressive SS! Its kinda funny and timely, as yesterday at work my co-workers and I were discussing Mugen Honda's. Our delivery drivers think the world of Honda - like they build the greatest cars on earth. I think Honda is okay for people who are not so passionate about cars. They were just discovering the Mugen's, which are after market built Hondas like Hennessey. They were so impressed and telling me they could keep up with any Chevrolets. I laughed and mentioned Hennesey. Mugen builds Honda to keep up with stock GM's. That SS above would eat a Mugen...

Old 05-02-2014, 08:23 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That ss is pretty impressive and would be quite a sleeper car if it has that much horsepower and looks stock with 4 doors. It would surprise a lot of people when you pull away from them with ease.
The diesel super car would be one badass ride. You could make a smoke path doing 190 miles per hour like what the diesel trucks do.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:28 AM
Question >Is this a Bump Thread ?<

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Lotsa baddass there! Very impressive SS! Its kinda funny and timely, as yesterday at work my co-workers and I were discussing Mugen Honda's. Our delivery drivers think the world of Honda - like they build the greatest cars on earth. I think Honda is okay for people who are not so passionate about cars. They were just discovering the Mugen's, which are after market built Hondas like Hennessey. They were so impressed and telling me they could keep up with any Chevrolets. I laughed and mentioned Hennesey. Mugen builds Honda to keep up with stock GM's. That SS above would eat a Mugen...

Hi `Brent,
Thanks for your active contributions to our MCF 4-Sure