Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Have to RANT!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS
I always get a kick out of young cashiers - sometimes the bill comes to like 9.26 then I hand them a 10 and pull the old person "oh wait, I have the change" and give them 30 cents. They just get that oh s--- look since they already put in that they tendered just 10 dollars.

Or better yet, the ones that after the computer tells them what to give me, they can't figure out what coins to give to add up to that (like they've never seen a nickel before).
I'll be honest that move throws me for a loop and is annoying, i gotta stop and think for a min I've had people give me $2 bills, i think its awesome. Both times i managed to take them home. I should give it to someone at mcdonalds and film it

Old 04-15-2012, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by bahdeets
Try giving someone at Mikey D's a $2.00 bill and the cashier tells you she doesn't take Canadian Money. Or another one - "I don't have a slot for $2.00 bills and can't take it" - Real life experiences. The only requirement/question on a Mikey D's job application is: Can you breathe?
Haha check out what I came across today

EDIT: I guess i didn't paste the link

Last edited by Jparks; 04-16-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
You bring up a good point about oil and profits. When it comes to profits when is enough enough? I don't have a problem with a business making a profit but enough is enough. I think that the oil company's have conspired and it is the same as one company having a monopoly. I noticed today that gas at one of the stations I passed on my way to work dropped ten cents. It seems that when the government threatens to investigate or take action against the oil company's the price falls. Strange coincidence? I'm not in favor of government running business but in the cities where the city runs the electric company the electric rates are the lowest in the state. I wonder if the government shouldn't take over the oil companies.
Good point, Gregg. If you run for President in 2016 maybe you could fix this???? (By the way, I've already told all my neighbors to vote for you)

Old 04-15-2012, 08:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

A lot of the stuff McDonald's does like the automated soda machines and picture cash register is to make service faster but It does make it harder for them to change or substitute an item. I do find it funny that the younger generations have never seen a 2 dollar bill or an 8 track tape or a 45 record or an album but that is just the changing time's

Old 04-15-2012, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member

Not sure if i count as younger generation or not, but people have given me $2 bills. I think its awesome, i have 2 of em. Im aware of 8 tracks, mom has a ton of them downstairs. Same with records, got a bunch of them too

Old 04-15-2012, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Possum
Good point, Gregg. If you run for President in 2016 maybe you could fix this???? (By the way, I've already told all my neighbors to vote for you)
Angie; thank you for your support. I still plan on running for president in 2016. This issue is one of the things I do plan on fixing. Our lack of an energy policy is one of the reasons we are in a recession again. It affects almost every other aspect of our society and economy.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:47 PM

BTW I'm 24 have a degree in math and for a short time I worked at hardees. A job is a job in this economy sometimes fastfood is all you can get. Not everyone is dumb that works there for some of us its our only option. Now I'm a grocery store stock boy/ cashier but hay its a job so I'm not complaining. I'm just glad I'm not on welfare. I sometime confuse customers by saying I see you have $2 why don't you give me that and your twenty so I can give you a ten back. It works both ways.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint
BTW I'm 24 have a degree in math and for a short time I worked at hardees. A job is a job in this economy sometimes fastfood is all you can get. Not everyone is dumb that works there for some of us its our only option. Now I'm a grocery store stock boy/ cashier but hay its a job so I'm not complaining. I'm just glad I'm not on welfare. I sometime confuse customers by saying I see you have $2 why don't you give me that and your twenty so I can give you a ten back. It works both ways.

I also worked for McDonalds for a short time. Not everyone who works at a fast food place is dumb as a box of rocks. Please don't take offence. I know of many grocery store managers who started out as stock boys and cashiers. Al Weiss who recently retired as a president of Walt Disney World started out selling ice cream from one of the concession stands in the park. Working at the bottom isn't bad. It is what you make of the experience and how you better yourself. Al Weiss was either the third or forth guy from the top of the food chain of the Disney company. He could have made a choice to continue selling ice cream for his entire Disney career. He chose to do each job to the best of his ability as well as better his education. The sky is the limit if you give it your all and the right opportunity presents itself.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member

The front end manager i usually work with in the evening has been with the company for almost 30 years now and she sarted as a bagger. Proof you can work your way up. Same goes for my cousin who works in the fast food industry. I forget exactly where he started, but now he is the manager of atleast one store and Mcdonalds gave him a house to live in along with the job.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:29 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by bahdeets
Try giving someone at Mikey D's a $2.00 bill and the cashier tells you she doesn't take Canadian Money. Or another one - "I don't have a slot for $2.00 bills and can't take it" - Real life experiences. The only requirement/question on a Mikey D's job application is: Can you breathe?
t
The trick to getting hired is to walk in the day someone has announced they are quitting. They didn't keep applicatoins on file when I was there, you just had to walk in on the right day, like I had. I replaced the regular grill guy and that was my first job wehn I worked there.

The only question they asked me in the interview was "Why do you want to work at McDonalds." That was the beginning of a long series of lies between myself and McDonalds.

The application is one page, portrait form. It doesn't even ask for references, just basic information.

Quick Reply: Have to RANT!!!!!