Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Have to RANT!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 09:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member
Default Have to RANT!!!!!

Ok with the world going to hell in a hand basket. I don't know what the hell that means. But it tough out there. We had a great dinner. Why great? Cause I made it. WE had taco's and Spanish rice. So after that. I said lets go get a D Q. . But the place was packed. so we went across the st to Micky D's. to get two Hot Fudge Sundays. There only a Buck. I tell her what I want. Then she tells me the total pr. I said thats not right. There only a BUCK right ? NO! There a $ 1.79 each now. R U FREAKIN kiddin me. Even Mc Clown is getting in on stickin it to us now! GEEEZ No wonder we can't afford anything. No one's working. Gas is near or over record prices. But everyone thinks this si the time to jack up prices??????? DAMN. I almost told her to keep that damn ice cream. But there was a family behind me. So I payed and walked out. P.S. Same size as it was before also.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:10 PM

Thats just like when I went to the store and a can of corn beef is $3.89 when that stuff use to be $1.50- $1.89 its all jacked up if my packs of noodles go up from 17 cents i'm going to lose my mind !

Old 04-11-2012, 10:12 PM

It is getting bad. The fact that gas is so high has a lot to do with everything else going up also. It costs more for McDonalds to ship that ice cream mix from the warehouse to the store. Same with food, and pretty much everything else. I guess $400 billion per quarter in profits isn't enough for the oil companies. They want more. It doesn't matter who the president is, the government needs to step in and say enough is enough and regulate these companies that are crippling the economy. I don't like to get political, especially on the internet, but I completely hear what you are saying. It is insane!

Old 04-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Everythings going up, i hear it all the itme wokring at the grocery store. I bought a bottle of soda the other day and when the girl told me it was $2.xx i was like what??? Im used to it being a dollar and change, almost told her to keep that stupid thing too.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:40 PM

Rick I hear what you are saying. In addition to their prices going up, their service sucks too. I went to the McDonald's by my house the other day. I ordered their mcdouble, and a large sweet tea both from the dollar menu and a filet o fish which is now almost four bucks. I pay for my meal and the cashier asks me if it is eat in or to go. I tell her it is to go. She processes my payment and then she hands me a large cup and tells me to go to the beverage island to get my tea. I take the cup and walk over to the beverage island to get my tea and the tea dispenser is empty. I go back to the counter and tell her it is empty. She takes my cup and fills it with sweet tea from a dispenser she has behind the counter about five feet from her. She hands me the full cup back without a cover. I ask her for a cover for my tea and she tells me I have to go back to the beverage island to get one. A few minutes pass and the rest of my order is ready. I take the bag and my drink and get in my van. I'm pulling away as I reach into the bag for my sandwich and realize they didn't put a straw or any napkins in the bag. Luckily I had some in the van but I was pissed when I left. Poor service has nothing to do with the price of gas.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by mairj40
It is getting bad. The fact that gas is so high has a lot to do with everything else going up also. It costs more for McDonalds to ship that ice cream mix from the warehouse to the store. Same with food, and pretty much everything else. I guess $400 billion per quarter in profits isn't enough for the oil companies. They want more. It doesn't matter who the president is, the government needs to step in and say enough is enough and regulate these companies that are crippling the economy. I don't like to get political, especially on the internet, but I completely hear what you are saying. It is insane!
You bring up a good point about oil and profits. When it comes to profits when is enough enough? I don't have a problem with a business making a profit but enough is enough. I think that the oil company's have conspired and it is the same as one company having a monopoly. I noticed today that gas at one of the stations I passed on my way to work dropped ten cents. It seems that when the government threatens to investigate or take action against the oil company's the price falls. Strange coincidence? I'm not in favor of government running business but in the cities where the city runs the electric company the electric rates are the lowest in the state. I wonder if the government shouldn't take over the oil companies.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member

Mcdonalds is right next to the store i work at so, myself and many co workers frequent the place. It was recently remodeled and while considerably smaller than the old one its pretty nice. But the people there aren't the brightest. I'll ask for a mcdouble and if they can make that a medium combo (medium drink, medium fries) but they dont understand what a medium combo is and i have to explain it to them

Old 04-11-2012, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Mcdonalds is right next to the store i work at so, myself and many co workers frequent the place. It was recently remodeled and while considerably smaller than the old one its pretty nice. But the people there aren't the brightest. I'll ask for a mcdouble and if they can make that a medium combo (medium drink, medium fries) but they dont understand what a medium combo is and i have to explain it to them
Keane if it isn't on one of the buttons on their fancy register, they don't have a clue. Just for giggles hand them ten dollars and fifty nine cents for an order that comes to six dollars and fifty nine cents and see what happens. Most of them can't figure out the change if the register doesn't tell them. Very sad indeed.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member

If they cant figure that out then they shouldn't be working When i started working that was one place i decided i'll never work. Fast food industry

Old 04-11-2012, 11:43 PM

Save money shop at Aldi. We sell **** dirt cheap. Pay workers double minimum wage. have tyson as our meat co, deans for dairy, and same produce distributor as dierburgs. Yet our prices are 50% lower then everyone elses. exmp. milk 2.89 walmart = 3.57. both are deans. bell pepers 3 pack 1.79, walmart = 1.49 per pepper. Just saying not all companies are selfish.

Quick Reply: Have to RANT!!!!!