Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Have to RANT!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 12:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Don't even get me started on McDonalds Shakes. Apparently all you have to do is put it in a clear cup add some whipped cream and a cherry and you can charge 3 bucks for it.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Don't even get me started on McDonalds Shakes. Apparently all you have to do is put it in a clear cup add some whipped cream and a cherry and you can charge 3 bucks for it.
Yeah I've noticed this too? What's up with the half filled cup of shake and half of whipped cream? I got one a few weeks back and refuse to go back... Seemed like not too long ago they were a FULL glass and you could get a large for the price of the current small/medium. No whipped cream or cherry either lol.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint
Save money shop at Aldi. We sell **** dirt cheap. Pay workers double minimum wage. have tyson as our meat co, deans for dairy, and same produce distributor as dierburgs. Yet our prices are 50% lower then everyone elses. exmp. milk 2.89 walmart = 3.57. both are deans. bell pepers 3 pack 1.79, walmart = 1.49 per pepper. Just saying not all companies are selfish.
We do try to shop at Aldi. The store is always clean and the prices are always good compared to others. We would shop there more often but the hours the store are open doesn't always work with our schedule.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:00 PM

ITT: Foodservice complaints

If you guys remember any history lessons in high school/college, a thing like this started happening ~120 years ago with Carnegie's Steel company and JD Rockefeller's Standard Oil Co. In the 1880s the steel mills and oil co started an eventual takeover of several giant monopolies well into the 20s. Eventually it started to destroy the economy, directly and indirectly. One major cause of the Depression was big businesses going unchecked, like today. People lost their jobs, but were still spending more on luxuries and buying on credit which they couldn't afford to pay back. In the end, big business AND economic ignorance are the ultimate catalysts of a poor economy.

It is partly their fault for these rising prices across the board, but we are partly to blame as well, especially with the decline in purchasing power. The latter point isn't what this thread is about, but it's still relevant and something to keep in mind if you still plan to spend spend spend on luxuries. Even the little things count

I don't mean to get all dark and gloomy or ruin the fun of the rant, but let's just keep things in perspective. Times like these are when I worship the off-brands.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by milrlyt
ITT: Foodservice complaints

If you guys remember any history lessons in high school/college, a thing like this started happening ~120 years ago with Carnegie's Steel company and JD Rockefeller's Standard Oil Co. In the 1880s the steel mills and oil co started an eventual takeover of several giant monopolies well into the 20s. Eventually it started to destroy the economy, directly and indirectly. One major cause of the Depression was big businesses going unchecked, like today. People lost their jobs, but were still spending more on luxuries and buying on credit which they couldn't afford to pay back. In the end, big business AND economic ignorance are the ultimate catalysts of a poor economy.

It is partly their fault for these rising prices across the board, but we are partly to blame as well, especially with the decline in purchasing power. The latter point isn't what this thread is about, but it's still relevant and something to keep in mind if you still plan to spend spend spend on luxuries. Even the little things count

I don't mean to get all dark and gloomy or ruin the fun of the rant, but let's just keep things in perspective. Times like these are when I worship the off-brands.
I didn't get that specific history lesson but it certainly makes sense and it seems history is repeating.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:53 PM

As much as I hate helping out Malroony (Ambassador Bridge owner/ Business Mogul) paying for gas at the bridge to fill up only cost $55 for Premium 93 in Canada where me produce all our own oil and gas I would have to pay $70+ to fill up on REGULAR!!!

Oh and yeah I hate the my beloved Oreo Mcfluries are outrageously priced now

Old 04-12-2012, 06:20 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I wouldn't hold it against Mcdonalds workers... I worked there. No one treats you like hell and doesn't appreciate you quite like McDonalds does. It has to be one of the sorriest places to work in the United STates.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:26 PM

I always get a kick out of young cashiers - sometimes the bill comes to like 9.26 then I hand them a 10 and pull the old person "oh wait, I have the change" and give them 30 cents. They just get that oh s--- look since they already put in that they tendered just 10 dollars.

Or better yet, the ones that after the computer tells them what to give me, they can't figure out what coins to give to add up to that (like they've never seen a nickel before).

Old 04-12-2012, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS
I always get a kick out of young cashiers - sometimes the bill comes to like 9.26 then I hand them a 10 and pull the old person "oh wait, I have the change" and give them 30 cents. They just get that oh s--- look since they already put in that they tendered just 10 dollars.

Or better yet, the ones that after the computer tells them what to give me, they can't figure out what coins to give to add up to that (like they've never seen a nickel before).
Here's what's pathetic at the Mc D's In my city it they put in how much they are given and the proper change comes out for them also something new or at least to me the drinks are AUTO POURED!!! like are you kidding.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:39 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Try giving someone at Mikey D's a $2.00 bill and the cashier tells you she doesn't take Canadian Money. Or another one - "I don't have a slot for $2.00 bills and can't take it" - Real life experiences. The only requirement/question on a Mikey D's job application is: Can you breathe?

Quick Reply: Have to RANT!!!!!