Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Hate Mustang Owners. No Seriously I Really Do..

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 06:13 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

And there is actually a growing market for restoring a lot of those 80's Ford-Mercury products that Gregg mentioned. We have a guy on the Torino forum restoring an '85 Thunderbird 3.8 V6.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:15 AM

Gregg, the Cougar was available with the manual behind the 3.8L until 91 IIRC. The T-bird supercoupe had a manual till 95 or so as well (the T-bird had the supercharged 3.8 longer than the Cougar did). The Cougar is definitely one of my favorite non-GM vehicles. I do eventually intend to get one of my own at some point (mom had one while I was growing up and my former stepfather wrecked it before I could get my hands on it), preferably with a V8, and I'll probably swap in a manual. Either that, or maybe an LS motor swap hehe. Now THAT would be fun.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Gregg, the Cougar was available with the manual behind the 3.8L until 91 IIRC. The T-bird supercoupe had a manual till 95 or so as well (the T-bird had the supercharged 3.8 longer than the Cougar did). The Cougar is definitely one of my favorite non-GM vehicles. I do eventually intend to get one of my own at some point (mom had one while I was growing up and my former stepfather wrecked it before I could get my hands on it), preferably with a V8, and I'll probably swap in a manual. Either that, or maybe an LS motor swap hehe. Now THAT would be fun.
Drew you are correct. However the supercharged Cougar and Thunderbirds were not Fox bodied cars. They are nice cars too. I did know the blown T-bird was available with a stick but didn't mention it because it wasn't a Fox. I don't know of a stick behind a 3.8 in a fox bodied car.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
And there is actually a growing market for restoring a lot of those 80's Ford-Mercury products that Gregg mentioned. We have a guy on the Torino forum restoring an '85 Thunderbird 3.8 V6.
Duane what is he restoring? For my Mustang I have found many body and soft trim parts to restore it. However I have not found anything for doing any of the other Fox cars. Also have found no performance parts for the 3.8

Old 01-05-2012, 02:37 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Gregg: I have no idea, the guy isn't very far into it. He hasn't told us much.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:13 PM

A message I sent out to the Mustang owners today on the old forum I was part of.
"Tired of reading all this hatred, if any of you were REAL car enthusiasts you would respect a car no matter the make and model, however you guys can't even respect someones car just because it's not a Ford or doesn't have a V8. You guys aren't car enthusiasts, your just a bunch of haters that can't stand any other manufacture, and you still talk **** on them when they have the upper hand on power and appearance. Learn to respect other peoples car rather then hating on them and maybe everyone wouldn't hate Mustang owners so much. Oh and yeah your right I do see more Mustangs on the road, another reason why I don't want one anymore BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY. Why the **** would you want a car everyone else has?"