Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

has this Monte been wrecked ?! advise please

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 08:11 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Console lid is deff missing but hood just needs adjusting the bump stops are too high but from the pics i doubt its a wreck, might of had a lil damage at one point but nothing major that i can see

Old 02-23-2012, 08:17 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

How does the car handle? Does it pull to one side when you're driving? If so, it may have been in an accident. But I doubt it. Honestly, I think you bought a demodded car. Replace the missing console cover, take care of the fitment issues and you should be good.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:27 PM

no it handles real well . it doesnt drift to one side or anything ... there is a very faint noise , that seems like it coincides with the turning of the wheel ... like its really faint but noticiable if yyour trying to hear it... but its every time the wheel turns and im not sure what its about ... it doestn affect performance but it bugs the hell out of me.... and yes im going to try and get a console cover from a local junk yard... my emblem is missing also ... any ideas on the best way to attach it? it even looks like it has grooves to maybe even slide in some how ? idk ... but mechanically its really sound.... i enjoy it a lot ... i just want to get that hood situated !

Old 02-23-2012, 08:28 PM

I really appreciate everybody's input on this!

Old 02-23-2012, 08:29 PM

of one of the wheels * i think it may be coming from the front right wheel but im definitely not sure.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:38 PM

The car does look nice and the minor little things should be no problem getting fixed. Overall I'd say its a great lookin monte, I especially like the interior.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
The car does look nice and the minor little things should be no problem getting fixed. Overall I'd say its a great lookin monte, I especially like the interior.
I appreciate it ! yea the little things give her character i think haha... but yea i love it

Old 02-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It looks like the bump stops are probably just very high and need to be lowered. The thing that stands out to me is the placement of the upper bumper cover grille area. Looks like the driver side is pushed in further than the passenger side. It's noticeable in a few of the front pictures, especially the one looking straight on. Somebody could have done a poor job on re-installing parts or whatever, but the top portion of the bumper cover secures with clips in holes so you can't really do anything wrong there with alignment. That's the only thing that makes me wonder about what's going on deeper inside with the car's frame. It may only be minor but something definitely doesn't look right there.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:50 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by 30thousandUP
no it handles real well . it doesnt drift to one side or anything ... there is a very faint noise , that seems like it coincides with the turning of the wheel ... like its really faint but noticiable if yyour trying to hear it... but its every time the wheel turns and im not sure what its about ... it doestn affect performance but it bugs the hell out of me.... and yes im going to try and get a console cover from a local junk yard... my emblem is missing also ... any ideas on the best way to attach it? it even looks like it has grooves to maybe even slide in some how ? idk ... but mechanically its really sound.... i enjoy it a lot ... i just want to get that hood situated !
You have two bump stops screw them in a bit theres a right one & a left one thatll adjust the height of the hood & it should line up a bit better

Old 02-23-2012, 08:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Look at the fender bolts on the passenger side to see if the original paint is disturbed. The fender doesnt seem to line up right with the door. If the paint on the bolts is disturbed then you know someone has had that fender off for one reason or another, most likely to replace it. If the fender doesnt look like its been taken off or replaced then the car probably hasnt been in any major accident. The other fender looks like it lines up pretty well so I dont think its been messed with. As the others have said, there could be many reasons for the hood to be miss-aligned, not necessarily because of an accident, tho its still possible.

Quick Reply: has this Monte been wrecked ?! advise please