Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

> Has anyone driven one or ran over one ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 05:02 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question > Has anyone driven one or ran over one ?

Hi `Member's,
Has anyone ever driven one of these or know someone that
has one ?
One of the employee's just got one, & said he'd let me
drive `it
He calls it his street Go-Kart >
Would you drive one ?

\
2014 Fiat 500 Abarth

Gallery: 30 Pictures - See All Those who enjoy the style of the Fiat 500 but want increased power and more precise handling should look no further than the Abarth model. Along with a tuned suspension, upgraded brakes and a more aggressive look, this diminutive hot hatch boasts a turbocharged motor with nearly 60 percent more horsepower than the standard 500.
Much attention went to tuning the 500 Abarth's suspension: the front and rear springs are stiffer by 40 and 20 percent, respectively, ride height is lowered by 0.7 inches and Koni shocks have been installed up front. The front brakes have also grown an inch in diameter to 11.1 inches total. The result of all the changes is a car that turns in more eagerly, corners with a minimum of body roll and stops with authority.

The modest output of the normal 500's 1.4-liter four-cylinder (101 horsepower, 98 lb-ft of torque) is increased to a stout 160 horsepower and 170 lb-ft of torque thanks to a turbocharger. The only transmission available is a five-speed manual, which sends power to the front wheels and helps the tiny Fiat attain sixty mph from a dead stop in under seven seconds.
To help drivers learn how to make the most of the car, the price of admission includes a track day at the Abarth Driving Experience. The day-long track event is conducted by instructors from the Richard Petty Driving Experience.
Fuel economy is rated at 28 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway.
Helping the 500 Abarth look the part is a meaner front fascia with dual "nostrils" designed to maximize airflow in and out of twin intercoolers, unique 16-inch wheels (17-inchers are optional), special Abarth badging and a dual-exhaust setup. Around back, the car gets aerodynamic enhancements like a rear spoiler and diffuser.
Inside, the steering wheel is a thick-rimmed, flat bottom Abarth unit with perforated leather trim. Racy touches include aluminum pedals, a black leather-trimmed shift **** and a unique analog turbo-boost gauge with LED shift lights that illuminate during gear changes. Both the front and rear seats feature additional bolstering to keep everyone in place during spirited drives.
The options list includes a TomTom navigation system with a 4.3-inch touchscreen display along with a Safety and Convenience package that bundles automatic climate control, satellite radio and a security alarm.
Occupant Safety
In addition to seven airbags, the 500 Abarth comes with smart pedals that move out of the way during a collision to better protect the driver's feet and legs. Traction and stability control systems are also fitted as standard, as is a tire pressure monitoring system.
Key Competitors
Alternatives to the 500 Abarth include larger and more powerful (but more expensive) models like the MINI Cooper S, the Volkswagen GTI and the Honda Civic SI Coupe.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:12 AM
Old 10-31-2013, 07:26 AM
Default > Surprise `Bonus <

2014 Fiat 500 Abarth Overview - AOL On

Surprise `Bonus
Your Choice to click or `not, but you could be missing something ?
Click next > Once connection > GT-R + + +

Old 10-31-2013, 07:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

I think I stepped over one that was in the way, I never give most small cars a passing thought. Either no head room or no leg room or both.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks like they would be fun, small go kart like car to zip in and out of traffic with. And they sound cool too. Its the only small car i'd consider

Old 10-31-2013, 07:52 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I liked my Mini Cooper S better

Old 10-31-2013, 09:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I sat at one at a new car show once a couple years ago. The throw on the shifter a couple years ago was crazy far!! When you had the shifter at it's farthest gate, I felt you were a bit close to the passenger!

Old 10-31-2013, 09:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

i wouldn't mind owning one.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

If it drives and feels anything like a mini cooper count me out. Never been a fan of those. Although those 500s sound decent.

Old 11-01-2013, 05:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

In my last job we had the Fiat 500 and the sports model for road service. I liked it. It was like a go cart on steroids. It was quick, not Fast, quick. And comfortable for driver and front passenger. The rear seat is more like Extra trunk space. There is no leg room in the rear. Good for a Baby seat. But you can put a 2.5 x2.5 box in the trunk with the back seat down.
It gets about 317 miles per tank. With a 10 gal. Tank. Overall I say if you have to commute or you are getting your kid a car, it works well. Not foot for a family of 4!

Last edited by JC Colon; 11-01-2013 at 05:51 AM.

Quick Reply: > Has anyone driven one or ran over one ?