Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Grrrrr...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Grrrrr...

A couple days ago I had a lady back out onto the roadway in front of me from a driveway. The roads were slick and reaction time was minimal, but I was able to steer out around her as I applied the brakes. The corner of her front bumper just caught my quarter panel in front of the tire. No injuries and damage is minor, but it just torques me off. There's a small crease in the sheet metal and it popped the side skirt loose. I'm just glad there was room for me to drive out around here. If not, I would have slammed right into the passenger door. Grrrrrrrrrr....

Last edited by 03SSLE; 01-02-2014 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Well it doesn't look too noticeable in the pics. Sometimes I feel like I have to watch everyone on the road. Yesterday someone was driving right into my lane head on. This morning someone cut me off. I wish this stuff would happen when I'm in my work truck

Old 10-31-2012, 11:35 AM

Hi `Mike,
I'm sorry to read about your incident Did the police get involved ? Did she admit that she was wrong for backing out into oncoming traffic ? Is she going to pay ? Was she cited ? Does she have insurance to cover the damage ?

It's great that no one was injured, except your awesome Monte Carlo. To me it's stressful to own a super ride in todays world and many times it makes me think `if I want to get another nice ride, or just a ride to get from point A to B

Please give us more details & keep us updated on the resolution or repairs...Good Luck 4-Sure in getting it repaired like new

Old 10-31-2012, 11:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I would have probably opt for a police report and get her insurance information. If I understand it correctly, she was in the wrong for not making sure she could successfully back out on to the road.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I would have probably opt for a police report and get her insurance information. If I understand it correctly, she was in the wrong for not making sure she could successfully back out on to the road.
Hi `Jason,
We need `Mike to post more information...I hope they did not say or site Mike for failure to control...? That would be bad
I just hope that Mike & the violator have insurance

Will look forward to Mike's response with more details? Until then, the suspense will continue Stay tuned for the next episode.....~>"Who was Wrong ?"

Old 10-31-2012, 12:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

At first I was just going to exchange info with her, but she came at me with an attitude when I asked for her license and insurance info so I called the police. The officer that responded to the scene said she was at fault and she was going to be cited for failure to yield the right of way and no insurance. She claims she has insurance but the proof of insurance she showed the police had an expiration date of 9/12. The only damage to her car is some white paint on her bumper. Everything is in place...my choice of shop, rental car, etc. I'm just waiting for an adjuster to come out and physically inspect my car. Once I get the green light from the adjuster I'll take the car in for repair. I have uninsured motorist coverage so the car will get fixed one way or another. I just hope she really does have insurance and didn't have a current proof card in the vehicle. Otherwise I may have to arm wrestle her to get for my deductable back...

Old 10-31-2012, 12:44 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

Don't forget to mention to the adjuster that you Monte is an award winner. August 2012 Monte Of The Month and a contender for the 2012 Monte Of The Year.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by MillerMonteSS
Don't forget to mention to the adjuster that you Monte is an award winner. August 2012 Monte Of The Month and a contender for the 2012 Monte Of The Year.
Yes, Greg, that should atleast double the repair estimate 4-Sure...Good to see you online.
====================================
`Mike, thanks for your update with additional information in your favor...I hope also that she just did not have her new insurance card with her to save you the hassles of small claims court...The best of Luck & keep us updated

Old 10-31-2012, 09:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
At first I was just going to exchange info with her, but she came at me with an attitude when I asked for her license and insurance info so I called the police. The officer that responded to the scene said she was at fault and she was going to be cited for failure to yield the right of way and no insurance. She claims she has insurance but the proof of insurance she showed the police had an expiration date of 9/12. The only damage to her car is some white paint on her bumper. Everything is in place...my choice of shop, rental car, etc. I'm just waiting for an adjuster to come out and physically inspect my car. Once I get the green light from the adjuster I'll take the car in for repair. I have uninsured motorist coverage so the car will get fixed one way or another. I just hope she really does have insurance and didn't have a current proof card in the vehicle. Otherwise I may have to arm wrestle her to get for my deductable back...
Even though you have uninsured motorist coverage...Im not sure what the laws are in washington...But here in Michigan...They have a law called the "Minitorte"...Which means your allowed to sue her for your deductable..in traffic court....Since she was sited for causeing the incident..its with in your rights to sue her for it!
If it turnsout she has NO insurance..the judge will also make her pay for your repairs!....or will allow her to have to pay you up to 3 times your deductable!
Example: Deductable is $500.00 x 3 = $1500.00.

Something to consider!
Srry to see it get damaged...

Old 10-31-2012, 09:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

sorry to see this hope it all works out smooth for you and you get your monte back soon!