Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Great start to the season for Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default Great start to the season for Toyota

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...ies/index.html

Severe penalties levied against Waltrip Racing
Two MWR members ejected, Waltrip loses 100 points
By Dave Rodman, NASCAR.COM
February 15, 2007
09:45 AM EST[/align][/align][/align]
var clickExpire = "-1";

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR announced Wednesday that it has confiscated the primary car of the No. 55 Toyota team that competes in the Nextel Cup Series with driver Michael Waltrip, as a result of rule violations found during pre- and post-qualifying inspection for the Daytona 500.
Crew chief Larry (David) Hyder and the team's vice president of competition Bobby Kennedy have been ejected from this week's events at Daytona International Speedway and suspended indefinitely. Hyder also has been fined $100,000.
NASCAR also penalized Waltrip with the loss of 100 driver points. His qualifying time from pole day on Feb. 11 was disallowed.

Michael Waltrip[/align][/align]The car owner, cited by NASCAR as Waltrip's wife, Elizabeth Waltrip, was also penalized 100 owner points.
"During preparations for the 2007 season and especially the 2007 Daytona 500, I specifically requested that our competition teams not disrespect NASCAR, our competitors or our sponsors by blatantly circumventing the rules," Waltrip said in a team statement released Wednesday night.
"This is not the action of an organization, a manufacturer or a sponsor. This was an independent act done without consent or authorization from me or any of my executive management team. As an owner, I realize I am ultimately held responsible for the actions of my employees. Therefore, I accept the penalties issued tonight by NASCAR.
"I respect NASCAR's rules, its people and the sport's integrity, which is why I am so sad and embarrassed. I am dedicated to get to the bottom of this because I will not let the independent act of an individual or individuals tarnish the incredible accomplishment my organization has made to be where we are today."
The actions taken by NASCAR resulted from violations of 12- 4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing), 12-4-Q (car, car parts components and/or equipment not conforming to NASCAR rules) and 20-15.2C (gasoline must not be blended with alcohols, ethers or other oxygenates).
When asked how long indefinite might be, NASCAR vice president for competition Robin Pemberton said "that's very long. When it decides it wants to, the team can apply for them to be reinstated."

Pemberton added that ejections were not open for appeal the National Stock Car Commission.
NASCAR cleared Waltrip's back-up No. 55 Camry to participate in Wednesday's two practices for Thursday's Gatorade Duel qualifying races, but it never left the garage. Pemberton said at 6:15 p.m. ET the car had not yet cleared inspection.

"As an owner, I realize I am ultimately held responsible for the actions of my employees. Therefore, I accept the penalties issued tonight by NASCAR."
Michael Waltrip[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]The confiscated car and the parts related to the violations will be transported to the NASCAR Research and Development Center in Concord, N.C., for further inspection.
NASCAR said the investigation of the confiscated car is ongoing.
When asked how long indefinite might be, Pemberton said "that's very long. When it decides it wants to, the team can apply for them to be reinstated."
Pemberton added that ej

Old 02-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Default RE: Great start to the season for Toyota

[align=center]Thanks Moderator Wiz Kidd for your post & update of NASCAR [/align][align=center]The forecast for the Daytona 500 race[/align][align=center]on Sunday 2-18-07[/align][align=center]is Clear and in the low 60's[/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/89934B6560CC44F38454A39DCC20E621.gif[/IMG]
[:-]May the best driver/car/team Win
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/BBB2FB525122489F9871A93F8A82BFCB.gif[/IMG] [/align][align=center]MCF Members, please don't 4-get 2 Vote your choice[/align][align=center]for March Monte of the Month[/align][align=center][:-]click link 2 go Vote [:-][/align][align=center]https://montecarloforum.com/m_27069/tm.htm[/align][align=center]Thanks,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 02-19-2007, 01:19 PM

I feel the same way Wizz I really like Mikie Waltrip It sure is a shame
He's from a town in Ky not too far from me so he's kind of a "home town"
guy for me, I gotta say I quit pulling for him when he started driving a toyota
u-know the whole Chevy manufactor points thing and all, plus that I'm a
die hard Chevrolet fan but I still think and agree with you he's probbly
one of the most honest guys inNASCAR and I do like him as a person.......
however his comment about not knowing about the ....well lets call it added
performance that was done to his car before the 500 I just can't believe
he's the owner of that race team now not just a driver it's his job to know
and I think he did

Good post man I love NASCAR and really enjoy talking about current
topics

DINO KY

Old 02-19-2007, 05:51 PM

When will people learn that cheaters NEVER WIN......

Old 02-19-2007, 08:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Mrrench

When will people learn that cheaters NEVER WIN......
because not cheating until you get caught........

Old 02-20-2007, 04:49 AM

I think he or at least someone on his team got caught......
Fuel is one of the biggest things you dont mess with in NASCAR.......
but I guess someone did not think he was good enough to make it in the race......

Old 02-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

being from ky too i dont like him but then again i am completly against imports in nascar ... 84406...what part of ky are you from...im livin in tx right now but i head up there every christmas and summer

Old 02-21-2007, 01:06 AM

ORIGINAL: big green dog

being from ky too i dont like him but then again i am completly against imports in nascar ... 84406...what part of ky are you from...im livin in tx right now but i head up there every christmas and summer
Hey Dog I agree I too am aganist imports[:'(] in NASCAR ..............I'm in Nicolasville KY about
5 miles south of Lexington......next time you come this way if you get close to Lex
let me know we'll do lunch DINO