Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Would you like to travel in outer `space ?
Yes, I'd love to travel in outer `space
53.85%
No Way
7.69%
Only to go visit `Space & family (LOL)
38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

> Going 2 Outer`Space <

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 07:13 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Lightbulb > Going 2 Outer`Space <

Humans are so creative
It won't be long before they have a private spaceship
to transport people to other planets.
Would you like to travel in outer space ?
Look what people are doing to Planet Earth
They sure aren't taking care of it 4-Sure.
They can't seem to live in Pe@ce.
Our waters are polluted & so is our air.
I'm homesick

Last edited by Space; 09-08-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:39 AM

No ones saying goodbye & we'll miss you space when you blast `off to another planet or `space. LOL
We think you belong in your own space...You've been
taking `up 2 much space on the MCF 4-Sure.
There's plenty of space up there for you to post all you want.

I'm sorry to see you go `Space, but I wanted to bump this thread to see what happens ?

Oh...^ that's a
peace sign I'm giving U with my fingers

(I think ?) Did I
post one 2 many
===========================

It's time to `go

I think everyone needs their own space
4-Sure
Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 09-06-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow, I'm the only one that wouldn't want to go to Space

It just seems like so much work, doesn't seem like you can do too much.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:24 AM

Hi `Mike,
It all depends on where you go 2 in outer `Space.
It's just like Planet `Earth,
there are many places that you wouldn't like to `go,
but then there are many that you've love to `go & stay
for eternity
Can't you just imagine what life is going to be like a century from now ? > WOW
I'm looking 4ward to it 4-Sure.

We have some super Space Highways to get to many
Party Planets & Family Planets
"To dare to `dream in SpaceVision"
It's never ending in space

Last edited by Space; 09-06-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

OH MY GOODNESS, YES!
I'm not a Star Trek, Star Wars, Science and Sci-fi geek who would luv to work for N.A.S.A for nothing. The Universe would be the Ultimate Teacher. And when you think of the Insignificance of Earth, compared to the size of the Universe, we have not even begun to learn. We haven't even been weaned from mother earth's breast. There is so much more out there than we can even begin to fathom. So many thing we still can't see. We are Nieve enough to believe that we are the only life in this Vast Universe. We can't even conceive the distance and time it would take to travel to our closest solar neighbor.
Yes I would go, and I would model myself after Scotty , Geordy and Miles, and I would have the most hopped up ship in Space! And in the short time I have left, in comparison to the lifespan of the univers, I would learn all I could. And I would Love my job. I would Love to be able to say, "I live in NJ, BUT, I work in Outer Space! Oh Yeah! I'm a Geek, and I Luv it!!!

Old 09-06-2013, 11:34 AM

Thanks J.C. for your great words & thoughts...

I post threads like this to not just fill in space on the MCF, but it's in hopes that I inspire member's to sometimes think out of the box & learn to dream more....
Name:  earthzoom.gif
Views: 52
Size:  39.0 KB
I believe in Dreaming `it > Making a `plan & then making `it happen
"Dreams are still `free" that is, until our government can find a way to tax them Dream on my `friends Wish `all happy/fun dreams 4-Sure

Last edited by Space; 09-06-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

with the advances in technology since I was born, it is amazing to think of how much more we as a race are still capable of achieving. I have had a fascination for space since I saw Star Wars on the Drive in screen back when it first came out. The possibility of finding new civilizations is also fascinating, as I believe we can not be the only living life forms out there, but at the same time I don't want to be probed by them to further their scientific research.
But yes I think it would be an experience of a lifetime with the exception of the whole height thing (only slightly scared of heights but extremely scared of the rapid descent associated with them lol)

If given the opportunity to do it I would jump at it, but the price of such a vacation would probably be well beyond the means that I can afford in this lifetime

Old 09-06-2013, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
Default Comments for Space and Ohara

Space, when you sit and think about it Dreams are what life is all about. In 1967 Gene Rottenberry dreamed of a way for Captain Kirk the talk to his ship, Hundreds of miles above his head. He called it a Communicator. Today we call it a Cell Phone. The world is not perfect. If it was, we would have No reason to dream. Life is made of dreams! Life is a dream! So I say "Dream On"!
Ohara: if you are in space, you and down is only relative. You don't have to worry about falling. If you step out of your ship you stay right there. But I understand your feelings. I once had to climb a 350' water tower to repair the radio antenna at the top. I was fine climbing the ladder and walking around the cat walk. But couldn't climb the tank. Never new I had a fear of lights till that moment. But I would not hesitate to zoom around the galaxy. If the opportunity come around for me I think I might mentally explode before I got to take advantage of it. At that point, height would not matter to me. I wouldn't do a vacation, u would have to work there and take vacations on earth. That's my dream!

Old 09-06-2013, 08:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

It's pretty neat a company is planning on space flights. Granted, right now I imagine it's more of a "tour" to the outer atmosphere. I thought I read or heard N.A.S.A. is looking to start a colony on another planet, but for those going, it's pretty much a one way trip (again, from what I heard). Even though I am not interested in being a space colonist, I think it's a cool next advancement.
I'm convinced there is other life in the universe. I have a lot of trouble believing we're all that there is with how big and unexplored the universe is. And for all I know, claims of people with sitings or abductions, maybe they are legit. Bottom line, some day I think man kind will hear of life elsewhere. It would be neat if it was within my lifetime and the hope, they are friendly

Perhaps the universal greeting would help:
Bah Weep Granna Weep Nini Bong
Now if anyone knows what that is from WITHOUT using Google, PM me and I'll tell you if your right

Old 09-07-2013, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member

I know what he's saying he speaks TV,
s!

Quick Reply: > Going 2 Outer`Space <