Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

God was looking down on Good Friday

Old 04-25-2011, 08:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Unhappy God was looking down on Good Friday

Soo some of you may have heard about the horrible storms that have been pounding down on Missouri. Well Good Friday marks a historic day. The storms that day in Saint Louis were the worse they've been in like 30 years they said on the news and they caused a great amount of damage. Including a crazy amount of damage to Lambert Airport about 30-40ish miles away from my house. It was the first time the airport had to shut down in years! I keep seeing and hearing about the damage the F4 tornado did not too far south of where I live did and it makes me thankful that I didn't get hurt, my family that lives close to where the tornado didn't get hurt and that shockingly no one died or got severely injured. It sucks because the area just keeps getting hit! Last week there were about 22 tornadoes reported in the area when Bowling Green up north from me closer to our shop in Troy got hit hard. & guess what....more severe storms are in the future for today-Wednesday and then again on Saturday night-Sunday and who knows how much longer. Hopefully these storms will stop soon so the people affected by these storms can heal.
Of course flooding is an issue now too. On Friday we may not have gotten hit with the tornado but it did get nasty and we got crazy flooding. I have pics of cars going down the street with huge waves of water on either side of them, I have pics of a visible current at the end of my street, and the storm drains trying to keep up with all the water drainage along with the gutters spitting our water at their max. The storms knocked out my internet so unless my school internet cooperates, I won't be able to upload pics I have for a while.

Here is a link about the path of the first F4 tornado in Saint Louis since 1967
St. Louis Good Friday Tornado

Hopefully no members in the area were hurt. Mike is alright too down south.

Here is a link about the airport
Planes to land again at St. Louis airport a day after historic tornado - CNN

Some pics of the damage that I could find...
Airport:

Besides the airport, this is the other place that got heavy damage from the tornado that's all over the news

Video showing damage

Can't find good pics really

Not good stuff. Also I forgot to mention that some areas got hail the size of tennis *****, softballs, and even grapefruit size (4 inch diameter)! We got mostly pea sized hail with some biggies here and there

Seriously what is going on?!? First the Southeast gets nailed with like 200 tornadoes and now Missouri and Illinois are getting nailed with them?!? Who is next!

Old 04-25-2011, 08:53 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Britt, We have no damage from the tornado down south 55 & 270 ,Just a swamp in backyard,Glad everyone didn't get hurt.. The wind was strong friday here..

Old 04-25-2011, 09:01 AM

~~"God looking down on us "~~

Dear Brittany, my child,
I had nothing to do with it..
It's all Mother Natures `Fault
She's been outa control 4-Sure
Please stop blaming `me..`Amen

p.s. Great Thread Brittany.
Life is fragile & many have lost
so much : ( Thank You for all
your contributions & reminders
to live your `Now & be Thankful

Last edited by Space; 04-25-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by zjerry
Britt, We have no damage from the tornado down south 55 & 270 ,Just a swamp in backyard,Glad everyone didn't get hurt.. The wind was strong friday here..
That's good. I thought you said before that you lived somewhere down by 270

Originally Posted by KidSpace
~~"God looking down on us "~~

Dear Brittany, my child,
I had nothing to do with it..
It's all Mother Natures `Fault
She's been outa control 4-Sure
Please stop blaming `me..`Amen
haha Mother Nature is super pissed at us for some reason

Old 04-25-2011, 10:11 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Crazy weather. I guess tehy call it tornado alley for a reason. Glad you're all okay, hope everyone is back on their feet soon.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:44 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

These sets of storms have been crazy, been lucky that all the bad stuff keeps skipping over but was without power for 39hrs which was bs i think wen it only took them 2 miniutes to turn it back on

Old 04-26-2011, 12:15 PM

Yeah & the crazy thing is that May is our peak month for tornadoes....if we have had this many already and all this damage, I dread the month of May