Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

the god of all HID questions :D

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Default the god of all HID questions :D

alright so at the local auto accessories place in the town i live in..

i've decided to go with 8000k HID's, now.. everywhere on the net says that HID's are easy, plug n play applications

now the shop says that its a pain in the *** and that they have to crawl all thru the inside of the car and under the hood of the car

now is that true? the shop is known to lie A LOT, and they always screw people over so idk if its true or not and i'd really appreciate it someone could tell me the truth since there are some well rounded people on MCF

now another question, they carry TView HID kits and Xenonworks HID Kits, he says that xenonworks is the more "expensive" kit and that Tview is cheaper, but.. i couldnt find much on xenonworks but Tview has their own website and seem to have a lot of customers, so which is the better kit? i'd prefer not to order online so please dont suggest so

and last but not least, if anyone can email me or post a step by step installation detail i'll greatly appreciate it, my monte is an 05

lets see some answers

Old 08-04-2009, 11:32 PM

if you know they lie a lot, then what would your conclusion be about this shop?! theres enough said. ive personaly never heard of any of thoses, you can search up online to see which gives a better review if they are any or comments made by other buyers. it truely isnt hard to install your own hids, but i think of for your year, you have to route a bypass to your battery. for me, i just connected the wires with the light plug and ballasts and it lit up fine

Old 08-04-2009, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by sonin66
if you know they lie a lot, then what would your conclusion be about this shop?! theres enough said. ive personaly never heard of any of thoses, you can search up online to see which gives a better review if they are any or comments made by other buyers. it truely isnt hard to install your own hids, but i think of for your year, you have to route a bypass to your battery. for me, i just connected the wires with the light plug and ballasts and it lit up fine

well i know that i shouldnt be doing business with the shop anyhow, BUT, they have done me right before, i've been there for a lot so im good with the people, its just that they're shady, and i fear for my cars life if it has to go there for something on the inside

i wanna install them myself and i hope that i can, if anybody has any input please please let me know, i'll take whatever i can

Old 08-05-2009, 02:46 AM

for my car, an '02 LS. It was pretty easy to install them, you just need to figure out where your going to mount the ballasts. I got my HID's from intensehid.com for $99 with free shipping. Now I know there's sites that are lower priced, but im afraid I'll get ripped off somehow. Whatever you do DO NOT touch the bulbs themselves with your fingers, they'll explode because of the oil on your hands. Be careful not to handle them rough lol. And if they don't turn on right away, lol make sure the bulbs are plugged into the ballasts the right way, I had mine reversed haha.

It's not that hard really. Well, I love to work on my car. I've done everything by myself mostly. Can't trust people. but hey, that's just me lol.

Good luck, and enjoy your new HID's

Old 08-05-2009, 03:45 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've heard bosch kits are very good. used to have H.I.D. kit before the accident, but honestly it was a bigger pain in the butt just to deal with. for some reason my car kept blowing fuses, and i just didnt like that. the accident forced me to go back to stock, but at least i got black housings for free
im not sure with 05's as mine is an 03, but mine was simple plug and play. i think they are just trying to milk you for money.
there are plenty of other shops looking for money that are willing to do a great job ALL the time to every customer. go support a shop that deserves business

Old 08-12-2009, 12:34 PM

Just what folks who drive at night need, another HID kit that annoys the hell out of everybody else driving!

Old 08-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I only had to read up to the part where you said the shop is known to lie a lot.... Go some where else or buy them online and install them yourself. The kits come with instructions.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by hctr154
Just what folks who drive at night need, another HID kit that annoys the hell out of everybody else driving!

why post in a thread in which i need help on and serious answers? i spend money on what i want, not to please others buddy

but to all others who helped, i appreciate it greatly, i had an 8000k kit installed

Last edited by ChibiBlackSheep; 09-16-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:54 AM

Nice, 8000k HID kit looks very nice. I like the color of them.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:04 PM

how do you like the hids? and who did you have to install it

Quick Reply: the god of all HID questions :D