Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Good god... help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Good god... help?

well, its been raining here a few days in Madison South Dakota... and I went out to my car for the first time today, and well, relized that there was a puddle of water on my passenger seat. well, looking up I see water marks on my roof. Frickin great right? I take a look at it, feel around with my hand and notice the passanger visor is dripping wet, and that the rest of the headliner, from the passanger handle to the sunroof open/close button is wet to the touch

Old 10-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Default RE: Good god... help?

That does suck massively... I'd have to say if it's not from the sunroof, then it's the windsheild. Use a hose (without a nozzle) and see if you can find out where the water is coming in.. Don't want it to get any electronnics wet for sure.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:53 PM

winshield seal? or door possibly? or worst case scenario hole in your roof (which would blow)

Old 10-16-2007, 06:41 AM

[align=center]Hi `Mike ~Vita ~,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Sorry to read your post about yourleaks [X(][/align][align=center](Suggest covering top during bad weather, until problem is solved)[/align][align=center]Check your seals/tracks on sunroof, & windshield seals.[/align][align=center]*Check sunroof drain plugs/ if clogged ? they can overflow into Monte.[/align][align=center]Let us know your results/repairs.[/align][align=center]Is this the first time that you have noticed a leak ?[/align][align=center]Wish you good luck on finding the problem.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 10-16-2007, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

captains log... day 3 of rain. I checked it again this morning and there isnt the amount of water that was in there last night as there is now... its still damp to the touch, but I cant ring water out of the headliner like I could last time. possibly water just resoaking it from the insulation above? Its forcasting rain for the rest of today and possibly tomorrow, so whenever it takes a break Ill take off the duct tape and fully check all the rubber sealing around the sunroof. any ideas on what maybe I could put on the rubber to maybe loosen it up and make sure its not letting water go through that way?

Old 10-16-2007, 11:42 AM

[align=center]Hi `Mike - Vita -,[/align][align=center]It's hard to determine your leak problem by just your written[/align][align=center]words, and not seeing the problem.[/align][align=center]SOMETIME THE SUNROOF DRAIN, WHICH COMES OUT AT THE Front EDGE OF THE DRIVERS DOOR CAN BECOME CLOGGED AND/OR PINCHED. THAT WOULD BE WHERE I WOULD CHECK FIRST. [/align][align=center]I would run a thick gauge wire into the drain holes, or also [/align][align=center]compressed air.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Good Luck `Mike[/align]