Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

GM Style Rocks Detroit : )

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default RE: GM Style Rocks Detroit : )

I sure will space! I'll record the sound and post a sound post.

As to your Union thing... What the U.S. Auto Makers want is to get the hourly wage from $28-an hour down to $14-an hour. The problem with that is $29,000 a year or rough $21,000 after taxes, there own employees will not be able to afford their cars... and I promise you, the prices will not come down! Just more profit for the stock holders... which is not a bad thing, but fair is fair.

Here is the problem. I made $11.35 an-hour back in 1978. Most companies today pay less than that today and inflation wasn't anywhere near what it is today. My house payment was $258 including taxes and insurance. My car payment was $218 a month. Gas was $0.65 a gallon, and life was good.

I seriously cannot imagine trying to raise a family on 21k net. It might work for someone single, but not a family. I know there are people here probably living on that and I feel for you... That is one hard way to live!

Old 01-19-2008, 05:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

There will always be a warm spot in my heard for Caddy's.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

The Cadillac CTS has always been one my favorite cars. I drove one for a year as a Demo and LOVED IT!!! I cried when I had to give it up... and the V is killer!

Old 01-19-2008, 11:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Yeap, I'm savings my duckets for an 04 "V"

Old 01-20-2008, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Craig,
Thanks for your posts, and yes it's difficult to live on 18-21K
in todays ecomony : (
I am really looking forward to hearing the sounds of the
2008 Corvette ZR - 1
I just love listening to the sounds of a powerful Chevrolet
V-8 It's really music to my ears/mind : )
Thanks in advance....It's a great benefit to be able to go to
the auto show as part of your job. I look forward to your
post, and also Wayne's and Jeff's : )
GP `Dave, I really like the Caddy CTS -V : )
Caddy seems to have stepped `up their performance division.
I like what they are doing. I think it would be great
to see a new affordable Monte Carlo with one of their
engines and rear wheel or AWD systems : )
"To Dare to Dream"
Thanks for your post input...I enjoy : )

Old 01-20-2008, 05:30 AM

well gonna hve to wait till next sat.for mine.i got i little to busy yesterday and decided to wait till next week.sorry

Old 01-20-2008, 05:56 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: jay26

well gonna hve to wait till next sat.for mine.i got i little to busy yesterday and decided to wait till next week.sorry
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi `Jeff, The MCF only gives you one [/align][align=center] homework assignment, and now you tell us, you will be[/align][align=center]turning your homework report in a week late LOL [/align][align=center]No Gold Star 4 U this week : ) [8D][/align][align=center]My professor's give me extra credit for washing their cars : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I found the below infor on the Web/ I share : )[/align][align=center][:-]EnJoy [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Detroit 2008: The Definitive Desktop Wallpaper Gallery
Posted Jan 15th 2008 2:02PM by Drew Phillips
Filed under: Detroit Auto Show

Click the image above for dozens of wallpaper for your desktop
We've spent the first two days of the 2008 Detroit Auto Show going full throttle - attending press conferences, photographing vehicles, and posting non-stop. The only problem is that thousands of other journalists are doing the same, and it can sometimes be tough to get good, clean photographs of the vehicles without dozens of people crowding the cars. Fortunately, the third press day is more relaxed and offers a better chance to take pictures of the cars. All of the press conferences are over, the vehicles are displayed nicely in their stands, and the crowds of journalists and photographers have lessened. We spent the first half of today photographing our favorite vehicles at the show and have created a gallery of super high resolution images (1920 pixels wide!) just so you can adorn your desktop with the likes of the Audi R8 V12 TDI, Mazda Furai, Land Rover LRX, and more. Feel free to browse through the gallery below and download your favorites.

Gallery: Detroit 2008: Desktop Wallpaper Gallery
[URL=http://www.autoblog.com/photos/detroit-2008-desktop-wallpaper-gallery/586784/][b][IMG]http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/01

Old 01-20-2008, 10:43 AM

[align=center]WoW, sometimes you get a bonus in life : )[/align][align=center][sm=happy046.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=happy046.gif][/align][align=center]A friend just called me & said that the Auto Show[/align][align=center]will be on Broadcast TV NBC[/align][align=center]I thought I would post for members to know[/align][align=center]that may want to watch.[/align][align=center]Detroit[/align][align=center]
January 20, 2008 Sunday[/align]
[/align][align=center]
International Auto Show Detroit[/align]

60Min. 03:00PM ESTSun., Jan 20 NBC
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
Check your local listing for time in your area.
[align=center][/align]
`Space is `Happy : )
[/align][/align][/align]

Old 01-20-2008, 03:21 PM

I got to watch the TV coverage at a friends with
a 42 inch Wide Screen. (4 me it was like being @ a movie theater: )
The Show is Super/Super/Super WoW
The TV coverage was pro GM : ) & the09 SuperChargedZR-1
looked AWESOME on the screen. It's better then `****
The Nissan GT-R really looked good on TV.
I would love to be there....4-Sure : )
I could spend a month there looking, and dreaming : )
Look forward to Members `Craig's, and Jeff's review of the
show. Wayne already made a super post about his visit/review.
I was really just happy to be able to see the show on TV.
Oh, I got a super/super free HomeCooked meal. [8D]WoW
Isn't life great ?.....EnJoy....Peace/Out,
`Space

Old 01-20-2008, 08:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Check out my post giving my opinion on the best of the auto show:
https://montecarloforum.com/m_73511/tm.htm
Basically, I thought most everything there was totally BORING, including most everything GM had. If you take off the emblems and cover the grilles of every vehicle made today, honestly, could you tell what it was or even who made it? Trucks are the worst! Nothing there was unique. Yes, maybe a curve here, or a line there, hidden compartments, big wheels and nice stereos, but NOTHING really distinctive in the looks department. MOST of the cars there were 4 door sedans. They all look alike. Some of the manufacturers have a distinctive vehicle or 2. GM has the expensive Corvette, and the Pontiac Solstice. The Saturn Sky looks just like a Cadillac CTS or CTS-V, or whatever the mumbo-jumbo letters are. What happened to names?
Ford has the Mustang. Chrysler has the Viper, and we can't afford it. Yes, the exotics are notable, but you and I will never own one.
Everything else just looks like one car or another. What does Toyota, Nissan, or any other car company have that doesn't LOOK like another car? The Mini Cooper, the Smart Fortwo, and....well I guess that's about it. There are a few, but not many.
As for cutting wages, sure go ahead and cut wages, let's cut the price of gas in half, along with food, houses, and EVERYTHING ELSE that has multiplied in cost in the 30+ years I've been on my own.
My 2 cents

Quick Reply: GM Style Rocks Detroit : )