Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

GM Style Rocks Detroit : )

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Default RE: GM Style Rocks Detroit : )

i wll be going in a few hours.not looking forward to the parking should be madness.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:54 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: jay26

i wll be going in a few hours.not looking forward to the parking should be madness.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`Jeff, I envy you [/align][align=center]I would not care `if I had to park & walk a mile or more `if[/align][align=center]I could go to the auto show. To me, it's like a Auto Candy Store : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please post how your liked it, and what were your favorite auto's.[/align][align=center]You lucky guy : )[/align][align=center]You can be our MCF respresentative/reporter with Craig, Wayne, and maybe[/align][align=center]more fortunate members will be able to attend.[/align][align=center]I'm just happy to to be ableto creeponline, and read all about it,[/align][align=center]and view the pic's on the web: )[/align][align=center]I would really be lost without the internet.[/align][align=center]I use to be just a FloridaBeachRedneck, now, I'm a[/align][align=center]informed one : )[/align][align=center]Peace/Out/Space[/align]

Old 01-19-2008, 11:05 AM

i will and if i could not be lazy and figure how to post pic's i'll do that to.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:24 AM

They are all nice cars, but as I've said before, why do the American car co's wait so long to bring these things out???

While the Americans sit there and say "Look what we're going to make!" (aren't we special), the Japanese, Koreans, Germans, and everyone else MAKE and SELL their cars.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:42 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: mad717

They are all nice cars, but as I've said before, why do the American car co's wait so long to bring these things out???

While the Americans sit there and say "Look what we're going to make!" (aren't we special), the Japanese, Koreans, Germans, and everyone else MAKE and SELL their cars.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi `Mark,[/align][align=center]Maybe the Foreign auto companies are [/align][align=center]Working Harder/Smarter/Cheaper[/align][align=center]&[/align][align=center]Don't have to pay big medical insurance.[/align][align=center]From what I've read, our American Unions are hampered[/align][align=center]with corruption : ( and I don't believe they are doing the best[/align][align=center]for the employee's of the US Automakers.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You may find the below link a interesting read on the subject.[/align][align=center]The readers have posted several posts on the subect.[/align][align=center][:-][/align]

Saturday, January 19, 2008

America’s Sagging Automakers
Robert L. Nardelli, who was just named chief executive at Chrysler, faces enormous challenges. Chrysler is in the midst of its fourth turnaround effort in three decades and Japanese companies like Toyota and Honda are surging.[X(] In July, foreign auto companies surpassed their American counterparts in monthly sales for the first time.[X(][X(][X(]
What changes do you think are needed in the American auto industry?
[:-]
http://news.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/0...ng-automakers/

Old 01-19-2008, 12:11 PM

[align=center]Hi Members, which one of the cars listed on this thread @ the Detroit Auto Show,[/align][align=center]do you like ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]One that I like isthe space concept machine that Mitsubishi did : ) [:-][/align][align=center]I like the design/size/rims/doors/+ [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Mitsubishi Concept-RA
The Japan-based automaker may be headed in the right direction with the introduction of the aggressive-looking Concept-RA. This low-slung sports coupe concept takes styling cues from the new Lancer Evolution.Decked out with 21-inch wheels anddual exhaust tips, it features doors that open like those on an exotic sports car. To help reduce the car’s weight, outer panels are made from recyclable plastic resin; therigid body structure sits on an aluminum spaceframe. Combinerelatively lowweight with a turbodiesel powertrain and it’sevident that the Concept-RA is not all show with no go. The 2.2-liter 4-cylinder engine produces 201 horsepower and310 lb-ft of torque. Mitsubishi’s next-generation all-wheel-drive system putspower to the pavement at all four corners.[/align][align=center] WoW [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]WoW ~ Wee [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The End& Rear End : ) [:-][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 01-19-2008, 01:00 PM

Damn, that ZR1 supercharged is one pretty machine. I'd probably take one of them in a heartbeat over any other car ever produced.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

ORIGINAL: God_Bot

Damn, that ZR1 supercharged is one pretty machine. I'd probably take one of them in a heartbeat over any other car ever produced.
AT $110,000 it is YOURS!!! We have one coming to us... You can pay-pal me your $4,000 Deposit... I will Flat-bed it to your house upon arrival...

Old 01-19-2008, 01:57 PM

Yeah, that's a bit of a problem... Maybe once I make it outta college I could pick up a used one...

Old 01-19-2008, 02:28 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: God_Bot

Yeah, that's a bit of a problem... Maybe once I make it outta college I could pick up a used one...
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Garrett, ditto on your post : ([/align][align=center]It's still `free 2 dream I could come up with the $4K deposit,[/align][align=center]but then I wouldn't have any money for `gas [X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I hope that my future provides me with a chance to drive one : )[/align][align=center]But, `if I hit the Lotto, watch out Planet Earth [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`Craig, when you get your ZR-1 in, please let us know[/align][align=center]what you think, and what it sounds like, how you think the[/align][align=center]quality is for the $110K price ...WoW[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]When do you think it will come in ? If I was paying that[/align][align=center]much I would travel to Kentucky & watch it being built.[/align][align=center]Does Corvette still have that policy where you can go[/align][align=center]to the plant and pick up your Vette.....[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think I will go buy a Florida Lotto 2night for $1 & dream[/align][align=center]until the number's are called. Oh, I'll pray 2 : )[/align][align=center]Then I'll cry [X(]when I don't get the right #'s : )[/align][align=center]But, no one can steal our dreams...can they ? LOL [/align]

Quick Reply: GM Style Rocks Detroit : )