Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Global Warming (and what it means to you)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Some of us had this discussion at work last winter. One guy said that global warming is actually the cause of our colder climate.

HUNH???

He said that global warming is causing the polar ice caps to melt. And all that freezing water and ice flows are causing our climate to get colder.

Personally, I think it's special interest groups simply spreading panic in an effort to get governments to give them what ever they want...... money for "research". (notice the quotes around the word "research")

Everytime I have to shovel the snow, I keep thinking "global warming my a$$".

Attached Thumbnails Global Warming (and what it means to you)-img_2517a.jpg  
Old 07-14-2009, 09:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Proof of global warming...

Right Now for
Lawton, OK (73505)

Clear 96°F
Feels Like
96°F

Tomorrow....

Wed
Jul 15

Sunny

104°
75°

Old 07-15-2009, 09:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Remember, they say global warming actually would bring on an ice age...

So don't complain about no heat :P It's the heat not where you live that would effect the cold coming.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i was up at my buddies campground yesterday ( where that dodge is), we were playing pool in the little genral store / gameroom they have there, and some campers came in to get some drinks, so my buddie goes over to take care of the register. so the one camper, who is like 12, decides that he should explain how my friend is "contributing to global warming by not having CFL bulbs in the overhead lights. im sitting there lisining to this kid, and when he was done i felt i should inform him that the overhead lights in the store are FLORESSENT tube lights, the efficant precursor to CFL bulbs, lol. the kid was pissed, he would not accept that i was telling the truth, so we told them "the store is closed now" shooed them out, and went back to our game of pool, lol.

its amazing how the media & enviromentalists has brainwashed the public into being afraid of global warming. i think we as the human race should try to keep our planet neat and tidy, and do our best to concerve and reuse what we can, but just because i dont drive a prius doesint mean i am a horrible slob contribuing to the end of the world, contrary to what gores little fan club would like to beleive. the planet has been through many similar cycles, and my guess is that the government is gonna send us all into nuclear anihalation before a few plastic bottles can create a new ice age.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

IDK...I think the planet wll change regaurdless. Not to say us humans don't pollute it, because trust me, the smog in the bay area where I live in CA can be horrible at times....but I don't think all of this is neccesarily the cause of global warming, things naturally change over time.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:42 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Monte2K
we MIGHT of accelerated the process by wut? maybe 1%? like some of you have said, its gonna happen with or without us... so f*** it, ride it out, besides.. we'll be fine.. its our children's childrens who are gonna have to pay for it haha.. just like the canadian pention plan lol
They say in the past 100 years the earth's temperature has risen one degree. This is a generalization. Meaning some places it's fallen by one, maybe two degrees while in other places it risen that much.

And I agree the earth goes through natural changes.

Heck when I was little it was nothing for it to snow like crazy here in OH. One year my uncle came over on his tractor to shovel the drive out. He stayed and did the entire street for us. (which ment we had to go to school the next day)

But certainly since what time it's snowed an similar amount. Like the year it dumped a ton of snow on us and I talked one of the guys in a county dump truck to plow our drive. He could have gotten in a lot of trouble for doing it, but he had it clear in 5 minutes or less.