Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Gas Prices....

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Thats a retarded law no way in hell will i ever let someone else pump gas in my car
Same here! I also hate prepaying. When I was in Missouri it seemed like every place wanted you to pay first. I'm use to just putting some in and paying for it after.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:42 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Only ones like that by me are Rhodes stations & well everyone in STL is too lol i hate it cuz i always pay cash

Old 07-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I remember the days of pumping and then paying, oh man those days are looooong gone around here. Everything is pre pay cash. Its an interesting law for sure, but i dont think there is anything they can do if you pump your own gas.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Only ones like that by me are Rhodes stations & well everyone in STL is too lol i hate it cuz i always pay cash
When I was going through saint louis i stopped at a shell gas station. I had to use the rest room, lets just say it was scary gang mebers had written hitlists. Racist white people had drawn pics of black males performusing lewd acts on each other guy n guy there were many gang logos drawn on, and the worst part had to be the ladys garmets hanging around in there, i wondered if anyone ever cleaned in there! Needless to say i didn't use it.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
I remember the days of pumping and then paying, oh man those days are looooong gone around here. Everything is pre pay cash. Its an interesting law for sure, but i dont think there is anything they can do if you pump your own gas.
I guess Iowa trusting? Lol I would never get use to having to prepay. EVER! I like going and basically deciding at the pump weather I'll fill it up or just put a few bucks in it. Me and my buddys use to mess around n just tap the handle so it'd be a nickel or 50 cents worth while we were in highschool. First time I did it I went to the counter and said I'm on pump 4. She looked and said 50 cents I was like yeah thats it hope that lasts me the rest of the week should have saw her face!

Old 07-05-2012, 09:40 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Its an interesting law for sure, but i dont think there is anything they can do if you pump your own gas.
Youll prob get 20 years in a maximum security prision with the way our legal system works

Old 07-06-2012, 10:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
What would the fools do to your car ? LOL
Space, in New Jersey(and Oregon) its actually against the law to pump your own gas. Stations have attendants that do it for you. Sometimes if they take too long i jump out and pump it myself. Not gonna sit there and wait all freakin day ya know...:p
Yep, you can't pump your own gas. Also, unless you SPECIFY, they will round you up to the nearest dollar after the pump kicks off. Which I HATE having done. Also, you specify what grade fuel, and then you have to make sure they are actually giving you that one.

I don't care if NJ was $2/gal cheaper, I pump my own gas. Before we go to NJ for the shore/weekend, I make sure to fill up in PA and that I am good for the weekend.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

In California it has been Pre-Pay all of my life, at least as far back as I can remember.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

jumped 20 cents yesterday around here back up in the 3.40's and 3.50's

Pre pay all depends on where you are here, close to the minneapolis or saint paul your more likly to have to prepay, or if they can't see your licence plate, i have to make sure i park so my rear is facing the building becuase if the front is facing that way, without the front plate being on they want me to pre pay

Old 07-06-2012, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
Same here! I also hate prepaying. When I was in Missouri it seemed like every place wanted you to pay first. I'm use to just putting some in and paying for it after.
its like that everywhere i have been, it used to be that way in north carolina, but not for while

Quick Reply: Gas Prices....