Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, November 9th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Good Morning Everyone

Good Morning `Mike,
I hope you are going to share your new pictures of your winter `ride ? Is it supercharged/turbo'ed or does it have a snow plow ~> Look 4-Ward to seeing it...sounds like you got a good deal ~>, but you always `do 4-Sure...

Also, thanks again for your consistantly posting our MCF Blog every morning of a new day...~> We do appreciate even though we 4-Get to tell `ya

Wish U a Super Day & WeekEnd ~>EnJoy

Last edited by Space; 11-09-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When jenna was hit in a car accident we upgraded her Cavalier to an Impala

But I had her get the 3.5L, I didn't want her having the faster car

Old 11-09-2012, 08:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nobody commented on Amy's picture of her 75 Firebird last night.
Amy-that is a sharp Bird!!!
Not so sure about the Black but I love Black. Just takes it's originality away. I can't say anything since we just bought the Silver Impala and it is in the shop getting blacked.
Where at in Indiana? Maybe close to me....

Sitting at work, easy day...

Old 11-09-2012, 08:08 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
When jenna was hit in a car accident we upgraded her Cavalier to an Impala

But I had her get the 3.5L, I didn't want her having the faster car
I can see you doing that too.

Have fun in the Poconos this weekend Mike.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well she bought the Impala SS! I think i would win by .000001 if we raced LOL 2 door>4door with same engine
I'll pull Monte out for a day (going to be 60 sunday! ) and get some pics of hers and mine

On the way to the dealer, as we were running late and i wasn't paying attention, Mr. state trooper decided to tell me i was going a wee bit fast
Got pulled over. 80 in a 55
Lucky lucky lucky for me, He let me go because my dad is a cop but he thought real long about doing that. He wanted to give me a ticket pretty bad.
Real nice cop thought very friendly. (Rare around here)
BUT i might of rather got the ticker over the major butt kicking I'm about to get from my dad.

Glad to hear all is fairly well space!

Hope everyone has a LUCKY day!

Old 11-09-2012, 08:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

I've been very lucky. Never got the ticket for the actual crime yet lol

That might change when I CSC :[

Old 11-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Good Morning `Mike, wish U a E.Z. Day at work & a safe/fun trip up to the Pocono's...
=======================================
Below from yesterdays Blog:

<TABLE id=post507251 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>Yesterday, 07:07 PM <!-- / status icon and date -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" class=alt2><!-- user info --><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2></TD><TD noWrap>skylark65 <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_507251", true); </SCRIPT>

Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

</TD><TD width="100%"></TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Aug 2008

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD id=td_post_507251 class=alt1><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000; COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by Space

Hi `Ryan, great to see you online..It's great you have a super 4wheeler for the winter. Wish you good luck on your job search.
What's happening in your life...Are you still exploring the Pocono Mountains for hidden rides Do you have a Snow-Mobile ?

Have you decided what you are going to do with your Monte ?
Wish you & member's a safe day ~> EnJoy

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
thanks space, i'm hoping i can find a job closer to home that's a lil less stressfull than what i've got now... been laid off i guess for about a week now scince the company i'm with is having lots of issues with a job in maryland, so now's the best time to look!

as for hunting old cars... my dad just picked up a '47 desoto 2 door coupe, if that answers you're question, lol. he found it at a haloween party my mom dragged him to
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
- Ryan

`Ryan, the best of luck on your `job search 4-Sure.
Does your dad's Desota look like the below one ? Maybe you & your dad
should go in the auto business of finding/searching for rare cars/vehicles ?
What's he going to do to his new find ? Restore it or sell if ?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

thanks space.

i grabbed a couple of pics of my dad's new desoto sitting in the feild where he found it, he plans to fix it up and drive it around. mostly it needs interior work and a carb.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:53 AM

Good morning MCF'ers - not much going on here so I'll post a random picture. Hope everyone has a great weekend - its going to 70* today here in St. Louis, so finally I can wash the Monte.

Attached Thumbnails Friday, November 9th 2012-halloween-2012-031.jpg  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning EV!!

Zeus seems a little better this morning...
He actually lookn a bit more like his ole self...I guess the Anti-Biotics are working...somewhat...He ate this morning and wanted to go outside right away...however when he traverses the steps into the house or out..His left hind leg seems to be lagging..Not Lame or anything..i think cause the pressure still on his hip is not allowing him to climb properly.. Even though he walks arond the house with it like normal..

Otherwise same ole same ole around here..The mrs is at work...and I am here...like always...lol..

Retirement isnt all its cracked up to be!

Old 11-09-2012, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Well she bought the Impala SS! I think i would win by .000001 if we raced LOL 2 door>4door with same engine

Real nice cop thought very friendly. (Rare around here)
BUT i might of rather got the ticker over the major butt kicking I'm about to get from my dad.

Glad to hear all is fairly well space!

Hope everyone has a LUCKY day!

Hi `Devin, great to read the good news on getting the S.S., plus not getting a ticket I know when I got caught street Racing I was more worried about what my grandfather would say/think & do,then when the police hauled me `off to jail
I was cry'in on the inside (Ok, the outside 2 lol "2 be honest with `ya" LOL)
I'm sure your father will understand after his required lecture LOL...Will be looking forward to your updates 4-Sure + your awesome pictures of two S.S.'s WoW.
========================================
Hi `Ryan, your dad's find looks in super shape for a 47 that's been sitting in the mountains 4-Sure...I really like it & it's way different 4-Sure...Is it powered by a flat Head type of engine ? or what type ? What type of transmission ? I also love the hood ornaments they made back in the day (lol) (Back in the day as my grandpa says) LOL...

Look forward to reading/seeing more about it...Thanks for your update, plus pictures ~> I really enjoy posts like this & thanks for sharing with everyone

She's just beautiful...I wonder where she's been & what's she has seen on her journey of life...How many miles ?
Ryan, I think you and your dad should consider a business of finding these rare rides 4-Sure...Or a part time`job...that would be a hobby to make $'s...I bet the hood ornament is worth a good price $$$$$...Thanks again 4 sharing-EnjoyEd

Last edited by Space; 11-09-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, November 9th 2012