Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, February 3, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Sparky-88
Morning All,

TGIF. Long week at work.

Fun evenings the last couple of nights, though. Our son's latest high school play opened last night. We also watched the dress rehearsal Wed night. They're performing 'The 39 Steps' a satirical look at a bunch of Hitchcock movies. Our son is one of the two 'clowns' who have multiple roles throughout the play (the guy driving in the pic).

Hi `Dave, I read the pride in your words above..Thanks for sharing...Your son is fortunate to have a father like you 4-Sure.. I've never seen a play, but I think I would enjoy.
Wish you & family a great day & weekend.

Attached Thumbnails Friday, February 3, 2012-daves-son.jpg  
Old 02-03-2012, 11:33 AM

Good morning everyone. My nose is still running and I think I'm going to hack up a lung. My cold is still here and that sucks. Coughing kept me up past four this morning and it woke me early at a little aften ten. Not enough sleep for me.

Drew I hope you get your speakers installed before the rain sets in.

Amy don't you have to pick up your mother at the airport?

Here in the sunshine state the sun took the day off. Overcast but warm in the 70's I think.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Dave. Not sure what time it's supposed to start here. I'll have to look at the radar. Good luck on the ride home. I'm guessing we're somewhat on the north end of this system since our winds are coming out of the north at the moment so maybe it'll be a bit later.
Radar looks like most of it is coming from SW of here. We'll likely get it first. Hopefully it will hold off 'til later this evening for you.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Space

Hi `Dave, I read the pride in your words above..Thanks for sharing...Your son is fortunate to have a father like you 4-Sure.. I've never seen a play, but I think I would enjoy.
Wish you & family a great day & weekend.
Space - Nice edit to the pic!

I never had any interest in Theater when I was in high school. But in college I took the opportunity to see a bunch of plays and really enjoyed it. Later in life, the Army stationed us at Ft. Monmouth, NJ, an easy train-ride from New York City. Saw a bunch of plays on Broadway while stationed there. Awesome experience.

In March, our son will take part in a regional Theater conference where he'll get the chance to audition in front of dozens of scouts from colleges around the country. We're hoping he gets offered a scholarship somewhere. He doesn't have to go into acting professionally, but if he can get an education while performing in college, more power to him.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:16 PM

Hi `Dave, it's great that you appreciated my space humor
Your son already looks like a star to me (so does his acting companion) I hope that he gets recognized for his talent & gets a scholarship to college...It would be good for him & also great for you 4-Sure. Will the production he was in be recorded ? If so, I would have his professor write a recommendation & the send his acting experience to all the colleges that he is interesting in...I wish you and your son Good Luck on getting to his dream college adventure..

Thanks again for sharing...Now I have going to plays or the theater on my dream list...(It's really getting to be a long list), but my g/f always wanted to go to a theater production...

I just completed a very super long nightshift, but my boss just told me that I don't have to return until 9PM 2night, instead of 7 PM

Wish you & Everyone a super Friday & WeekEnd ~> EnJoy
Peace/Out from `Space

Old 02-03-2012, 12:16 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Ive decided i want a 60s Lincoln Continental to build a custom show car, bagged & slammed alll black

Old 02-03-2012, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Ive decided i want a 60s Lincoln Continental to build a custom show car, bagged & slammed alll black
Hi `Mike,
That would be Gangster 4-Sure ~> LOL

I love the doors the way they open 4-Sure...

Last edited by Space; 02-03-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Is that Elvis's car ? ha ha ha

Old 02-03-2012, 12:52 PM

Will the production he was in be recorded? If so, I would have his professor write a recommendation & the send his acting experience to all the colleges that he is interesting in...
I think they've only been allowed to record one of the many productions he's been in. Mostly due to copyright laws I think. The one they recorded was co-written by the high school Theater Director, so they had different rights.

His Theater Director was required to nominate him for attendance at the upcoming conference and attach some kind of letter of recommendation to the conference attendance application. And we had to submit all his HS grades / class standing / etc. as part of the conference registration. So the college scouts are armed with all the pertinent info on each kid prior to allowing them to audition.

I just completed a very super long nightshift, but my boss just told me that I don't have to return until 9PM 2night, instead of 7 PM
Go get some rest, Space. Glad your boss gave you a couple extra hours of R&R. Enjoy.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:08 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Hi `Mike,
That would be Gangster 4-Sure ~> LOL

I love the doors the way they open 4-Sure...
Ohh it deff would lol ive always loved the rear doors on them

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, February 3, 2012