Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: -> Friday: August 19, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 09:23 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

more good news, the house dye test has failed. Kinda funny, it passed 2 years ago..... Maybe it's not meant to be!

Old 08-19-2011, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
more good news, the house dye test has failed. Kinda funny, it passed 2 years ago..... Maybe it's not meant to be!

Hi `Chris, I don't know what a house dye test is, but I don't believe that it's not meant to `be...
I believe if you really want something to `be ~> Bad enough it will `be....Ask yourself, how much do you want it 2 `be ?
You are in Charge....I really, really hope things work out 4 you 4-Sure....~>Good Luck & please keep us updated `ok..
=========================================
Good Morn'in `Justin, Only a half day 2 day 4-you...Your fingers must be tired , cause you post was short...
Wish U & family a Super WeekEnd...~>EnJoy

Old 08-19-2011, 09:30 AM

Morning Everyone!
nice day outside here for once. Might have to skip out of work early and enjoy it. I discovered that my 06 SS LS4 is having the issue with oil consumption. I'm going to have to go to the dealership and see if I can get it fixed under warranty. I got the GM certified guarantee, so I guess I'll see if they will cover anything or do something about it. Have a great weekend everyone!

Old 08-19-2011, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by SickParadox
I discovered that my 06 SS LS4 is having the issue with oil consumption. I'm going to have to go to the dealership and see if I can get it fixed under warranty. I got the GM certified guarantee, so I guess I'll see if they will cover anything or do something about it. Have a great weekend everyone!
I hope the dealer takes care of you. Good luck.

I got stuck for miles this morning behind a BMW that was burning oil something wicked. Blue smoke and noxious fumes choking me out.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:54 AM

Hi Brian, great to see you posting on the Blog...I sure hope your dealer takes care of your problem, especially with your warranty...Keep us updated...OK
EnJoy your Good weather & get out there & drive your awesome Monte SS 4-Sure...
========================================
`Dave, I' would've pulled over & waited or dropped a few gears and drove around him...
Let us know how the Poker Run goes & take pic's if you can..
It is a good cause, and I wish your perfect weather for the event...
======================================
I have one more load of laundry, then I done 4 the day : )
Wish everyone a great day ~> Don't 4-get to EnJoy

Old 08-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Chris what is the dye test?

Old 08-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

this is what I'm currently dealing with, my moms house has failed the dye test...

Dye Testing Ordinance

Old 08-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Wow that sounds like a huge pain in the ****... sorry to hear that chris!

Old 08-19-2011, 11:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good Morning everyone. I'm running a little late this morning. I had to take the Monte to the painter's. I've been scared to drive her any where. As you know I just got the hood painted and a few touch ups. So I've been talking to the owner of the shop. Who has alway taken care of me. He & other have told me to put the plactic shield back on. Well being scared to get that 1st stone chip. I buckled and took it in. So I should have it back this afternoon. I checked out a few others with it on. This guy is pretty good. So finger's X ed. Maybe I'll just take the Chevelle out for a spin for a while. TADD. Have a great time at the Woodward cruise. 1st time in yrs I won't make it. .... Too many things going on right now. Hope all goes well with everyone here today.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by KidSpace
`Dave, I' would've pulled over & waited or dropped a few gears and drove around him...
Unfortunately no place to pull over (mountain road w/no shoulder) and any faster would have been dangerous on that twisty road. I just had to suck it up a few miles.

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Let us know how the Poker Run goes & take pic's if you can.. It is a good cause, and I wish your perfect weather for the event...
Thanks, Space. It is a worthy cause - trying to help fellow Vets that are less fortunate than me. I'll try to get some pic's during the ride and post later this weekend. If the weather is decent, my wife will be riding on the back. Maybe she can snap some shots while cruising along. I want to get a small video camera like the GoPro to document my rides. I've seen some recently done with the GoPro. Amazing little camera - different ways to mount it to your bike / helmet / etc.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: -> Friday: August 19, 2011